• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How a Gaffer and his 3D printer trolled the world (2nd NX fake)

KiraXD

wtf are people so upset over? are you so insecure that being fooled by a fake video game controller shatters your ego to a million pieces? lol? seriously... it was an awesome fake, the internet lost its shit for a week which was much fun... nothing hurt anyone... and it was an awesome fake. ease up, its video games.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Why would someone prank other people for fun? It just doesn't add up. I think there's something more to this leak.

The_Lump

Banned
Really great work. I was very skeptical until the 2nd leak. I think this was what tipped most people over the edge, so well done!

You know what? Entirely unrelated. Happy Birthday Reggie. I hope this clusterfuck is the best present the internet can give you.

cdwtKB9.gif

Peterc

Is there other nx news?
It has been a while ago when we heard something new(beside this joke)

BTW I don't mind this lie, as long that the lie will be revealed a couple days later

poodaddy

Gold Member
Yeah, typing lies on a forum is exactly the same as what this guy did.

What the fuck is wrong with you. The sheer effort and cost, it is the very definition of a high level prank. Weep on son.

You're a classy one. Do you always cuss people out over disagreeing with you? Calm down man, Jesus.

SalvaPot

Brilliant stuff, and the fact that you took the time to document it and how cool you were about the whole process give you extra points. Nice job.

MilkBeard

It's almost April 1st guys. I can see it now. The 'prank' orders are going to be lining up at his business. $$$$$$

In all seriousness, this was a really good prank. A lot of us on #TeamFake were pretty close to the money on figuring it out, though.

maxcriden

If some insider like Rösti is having physical symptoms over this, maybe he/she needs to be away from the internet for a while cause they might be taking this way too seriously.

I'm concerned about them also, but I will say that if this was, conceivably, going to result in his friends' jobs being affected due to NDA issues, his reaction would be normal, rather than being him taking things too seriously.

Elfteiroh

Funny how a guy named "Quote" actually didn't quote a post but linked to it. :p

But yeah... Wow, congrats on the prank. Almost fooled me. But I never cast judgement on leaks until the official words.
And I think a tag saying he once made this fake would be appropriate. Funnily, it would both serve as a trophy AND a warning fos us in the future. :p
Sorry guy, but your credibility is dead now, the price of fame.

I'm concerned about them also, but I will say that if this was, conceivably, going to result in his friends' jobs being affected due to NDA issues, his reaction would be normal, rather than being him taking things too seriously.
You know, it's really, really easy to just not post at all. Rosti's been speaking in riddles for the past couple month, and I can't say I care for it. I really respected him before when all he did was dug through websites, but he definitely changed in his posting habits.

I already said it in the last thread, but kudos, man. He fooled everyone. I get people might not want to encourage such behavior, but he put the effort into making something and proceeding to trick the majority of the gaming community. Surely that's worth something.

Yes. I thought "Countdown to the next condesending cunt quoting me" low and behold, here you are.

Your cookie is in the mail.

Ahm, what is wrong with you? Maybe you should calm down for a minute and start to think before you talk. Okay, your tag does say you don't think but I never realised that this tag was real and not fake.

Celine

It's truly a new age. What used to be called lying and thought to be deplorable is now called trolling and is somehow deserving of congratulations. I don't understand internet culture :/.
They are basically thanking him for the wild ride.
Participating in a Carnival of stupid isn't the problem cause the madness ensured by it is part of GAF charm.
On the other hand the problem lies in taking a "leak" way too seriously (seriously some posts or reaction threads prompted by the fake prototype/console were uncalled for).

Funny how a guy named "Quote" actually didn't quote a post but linked to it. :p
Then you couldn't see people responding and doubting that 3D printers were at this point.

I actually thought it would have been printed on something a bit better than a Formlabs printer, but that thing is apparently as awesome as they say.

BowieZ

Banned
One of the greatest fakes -- nay, pranks -- ever.

- copycated an existing fake to perfection
- choice of color
- 3D printed with real world photographs
- documented entire process
- double bluffed by casting doubt onto his OWN fake during initial frenzy
- classy good humored reveal
- to varying degrees altered the course of many hundreds of thousands of lives, pitiful, lonely lives nevertheless lol
- unveiled dodgy "insider" sources
- kept us entertained in this long E3/NX wait
- trees

Give this man GAF Gold and a tag of his choosing

Elfteiroh

Then you couldn't see people responding and doubting that 3D printers were at this point.

I actually thought it would have been printed on something a bit better than a Formlabs printer, but that thing is apparently as awesome as they say.
Point taken. :p
I just HAD to make that comment. It sounded just too perfect in my head.

Top Bottom