• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How xbox keeps winning E3 - Delayed Input with Kyle Bossman

Topher

Gold Member
Do we have to? are you upset when they announce it and it comes in 3 months?

Huh? You were talking about 5 years in advance and I'm just pointing out that we don't even know what's coming next year. But yes, I'd much rather know what the roadmap is for an ecosystem I'm investing in than not know.

tmlDan

Huh? You were talking about 5 years in advance and I'm just pointing out that we don't even know what's coming next year. But yes, I'd much rather know what the roadmap is for an ecosystem I'm investing in than not know.
But why? so you can come on the forums and speculate for a year? id rather play the games tbh. Look at the xbox show, everyone already stopped talking about specific games. It really just gets you excited for 5 min then you're back down again.

Topher

Gold Member
But why? so you can come on the forums and speculate for a year? id rather play the games tbh. Look at the xbox show, everyone already stopped talking about specific games. It really just gets you excited for 5 min then you're back down again.

I guess State of Plays and showcases are useless for you then. That's fine, but yeah, I like talking about games that are coming out in the future. If you don't care then that's up to you. We just won't see eye to eye on this then.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What is wrong with looking forward to a game a year or two or three years down the road?

I personally enjoy coming to these very forums and speculating on games we see at these shows and would much prefer them be open on what's coming, just like they did with Wolverine

tmlDan

What is wrong with looking forward to a game a year or two or three years down the road?

I personally enjoy coming to these very forums and speculating on games we see at these shows and would much prefer them be open on what's coming, just like they did with Wolverine
I would care if i didn't have anything to play and the cupboards were bare but im not.

I don't think anyone here has finished every game in their backlog lol

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I would care if i didn't have anything to play and the cupboards were bare but im not.

I don't think anyone here has finished every game in their backlog lol
Yet here you are, debating with me about how we like different approaches

If you don't care if a game doesn't get announced until 3 months before launch its cool with me but why care if some of us do like those early announcements?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

If you don't care if a game doesn't get announced until 3 months before launch its cool with me but why care if some of us do like those early announcements?
Everyone likes announcements, shows, and trailers. Everyone likes talking about it.

If you have no announcements though, sometimes you gotta cope by telling people on forums how little announcements matter because all you'd do is talk about it on forums.

"Keeps" doesn't belong in there; their "E3" 2020 was basically a disaster infamous for Craig Infinite. Their "E3" 2022 had a lot of smoke & mirrors and their "E3" from last year had its own smoke & mirrors plus several severe downgrades (Forza Motorsport being the worst offender).

Sony's PS Showcase in 2021 was better than Xbox's and their 2020 shows destroyed Xbox's events that year. They skipped 2022, so I guess MS won that by default, and we don't talk about 2023 when it comes to PlayStation Showcases. We just don't talk it about.

But that's the best of Xbox's "E3" track record for the past several years. One definitive win, and one "maybe" win with many losses stretching back to at least 2016.

Oppoi

Are you hyped for Elder Scrolls VI?

Larivel

Xbox tend to 'win' showcase wars because the people who put them together seem to have relatively good taste and a finger on the pulse of what the hardcore players actually want to see. Their lineup isn't actually that amazing, they just know which third party games to show and what indie games look good enough to get people's tongues waggling.

When you break it down, most of what is shown is either a) straight up multi-platform, b) a timed-exclusive release or c) inevitably going to be multi-platform via Project Latitude. But it makes for a nice showcase and so that is what they will be rated on. Sony on the other hand can't put together a good presentation to save their lives. They're either too short, too light on first party content or are filled to the brim with shit no one cares about except Resetera and Men_In_Boxes.
Also, every game that Sony revealed in 2020 has already came out. In Xbox's case, you have Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, Stalker 2, Fable, and Avowed - all revealed in 2020, but 4 years later, they are still padding out the showcase...

Last edited:
Top Bottom