• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

I've never made a 3D game, but I feel like I want to create something VR related. I need to learn some stuff :p

T.O.P

Banned
Asked again on the IT support, now they are saying that my order will ship in about 2-3 weeks

oh my god

T.O.P

Banned
Looks like it's turning into a nightmare now, why the fuck don't they just put the launch date back to avoid this shit.

Or just have a tad of organization and be more talkative with costumers, 99% of informations i'm getting through reddit and here ffs

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Asked again on the IT support, now they are saying that my order will ship in about 2-3 weeks

oh my god

Secret glimpse into HTC support:

NjraymI.jpg

Jams775

What ive already bought:

-cloudlands minigolf
-windlands
-elite dangerous
-virtual desktop
-vanishing of ethan Carter
-apollo 11
-Crystal rifts
-hover junkers
-fantastic contraptions
-tilt brush

Games I will buy as they unlock
-space pirate trainer
-raw data
-budget cuts
-audioshield
-theBlu

Games I own getting vive support "soon"
-radial g
-project cars
-adrift

Not bad support out of the gate. The only game I cant play thusfar is unseen diplomacy, the space requirements are too much.

What about Vanishing Realms?

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Does elite dangerous have motion controls? What's the best way to play it on the Vive? With a flight sim joystick?

coughlanio

Loving my Vive. Brookhaven Experiment shows a lot of promise, and Virtual Desktop still kind of blows my mind. No real regrets about jumping on the VR train this soon.

bj00rn_

Banned
From the EU pool on Reddit

http://abload.de/img/ohmygawdqesyw.png[IMG]

Why in the fuck make CC payment available if this is the result?[/QUOTE]

It's infuriating. I paid with CC because I thought it would lead to a safer and quicker process.. I'm clusterfucked.

I was driving from PA to Baltimore when Vive opened! I was able to break through the ordering process of the Rift about 6 minutes in but that wasn't quick enough! The wait for VR has become so much more difficult now that the products have been released and my wait is no nebulous again.

Weirdly enough, my CC charge disappeared. Even my Available Credit on my CC went back up. My Vive has already shipped though, so I'm not too worried.

simonski

Yeah, we'll see, but if they already took my money like they said, then better also ship it.

Also, I know that April should not have been there and I don't mind pushing it to May, but there's probably a lot of people who got it purely by chance and will be disappointed.

On reddit some UK paypal folk are claiming shipping emails with delivery tomorrow. The moment of truth approaches (nothing here yet).

Soi-Fong

Well, this fucking sucks. Chicago here. The authorization is gone, money back in my account, but I never got any shipping confirmation of the sort.

Chris_C

Really excited for you guys (as I was for the folks who got a Rift). I got a PSVR instead as I'd rather wait for a gen 2 PC headset. Can't wait for the Giant Bomb stream to start!

TheCrow

Well, this fucking sucks. Chicago here. The authorization is gone, money back in my account, but I never got any shipping confirmation of the sort.

Have faith brother. It'll ship today and we'll have it Thursday if not tomorrow. Just like the UK orders being shipped overnight today.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Email response is taking forever. Did everyone just call? Where's my order I placed a minute after it went on sale?

Skytylz

Banned
I got my confirmation 2 mins after preorders went up and haven't heard anything besides a pending payment on my card. I don't think I'm getting it today.

Mikeside

I got a callback from the eCommerce team who couldn't give me any information at all.

I think I'm just going to pretend I don't have a Vive ordered & I'll wait until it arrives at this point.

The waiting around game is bullshit

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
From reddit, looks like they are sending out first the one who paid by paypal

Which make sense, because they got our money since more than 1 month. :p

Anyhow, yesterday they sent emails between 3 and 5 PM CET, so there's still plenty of time for more shipping emails today.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
https://youtu.be/zgVmcanLp-k

I got a callback from the eCommerce team who couldn't give me any information at all.

I think I'm just going to pretend I don't have a Vive ordered & I'll wait until it arrives at this point.

The waiting around game is bullshit
Frankly, I have to wait until Pascal since my 770 won't cut it. But still. I want to try what I can.

Evo X

I was so excited for VR.

Pre ordered a Rift 6 minutes after it became available and Vive 5 minutes after orders went live, and apparently both are somewhere in limbo. Lost to the ether.

Ayy Lmao.

Guess I should just go fuck myself, huh?

Thanks Oculus and HTC! I'll just close my eyes and pretend I have both. Virtual virtual reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom