• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC Vive Launch Thread -- Computer, activate holodeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

insane how the GB stream is making/breaking these things for a lot of people.

they seem jaded a lot of the times with VR but they keep things real, which I appreciate.

everything for Oculus seemed like a tech demo, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Interested to see if that changes with the Vive.

Soi-Fong

I was so excited for VR.

Pre ordered a Rift 6 minutes after it became available and Vive 5 minutes after orders went live, and apparently both are somewhere in limbo. Lost to the ether.

Ayy Lmao.

Guess I should just go fuck myself, huh?

Thanks Oculus and HTC! I'll just close my eyes and pretend I have both. Virtual virtual reality.

Evo, I think we're both Illinois correct? Did the authorization hold disappear from your bank account? Mine did and the money is back in my acct.

Evo, I think we're both Illinois correct? Did the authorization hold disappear from your bank account? Mine did and the money is back in my acct.

I'm in Illinois. My hold disappeared, but the credit isn't back on the card that I used, so if they try to charge again, I fear what will happen. :|

coughlanio

Oh, by the way, I got my Vive today, without getting a processing email, or tracking number/shipping confirmation from HTC.

Krejlooc

Banned

they seem jaded a lot of the times with VR but they keep things real, which I appreciate.

everything for Oculus seemed like a tech demo, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. Interested to see if that changes with the Vive.

You're going to see a lot of tech demo like gameplay today. Which is to say expect a bunch of bite sized micro games that are focused primarily on demonstrating a particular experimental gameplay element, rather than loads of variety and content.

There are some games that look like they are full "VR" experiences as most would imagine. Probably the best "full" VR game they show today will be The Gallery.

I think there is a chance they have more fun today because of the nature of the games they will be playing. most should be significantly different from other games they've played on 2D screens, and many will only be possible thanks to VR.

Evo X

I'm in Illinois. My hold disappeared, but the credit isn't back on the card that I used, so if they try to charge again, I fear what will happen. :|

Yes, I am in Illinois in the exact position as the Volition bro.

No more pending charge, yet the $880 credit has not returned to the card.

Krejlooc

Banned
Do I want final approach? Seems like a really cool concept, but it's way more expensive than anything else. $30 with 20% off?? Does it have a lot of content? It kind of gives me a choplifter vibe almost.

I bought Descent too, lol I'm loading up on Vive games.

IMACOMPUTA

I'm in IL as well. My hold either went away and came back, or was replaced with a new hold dated with today's date. BMO Harris.

T.O.P

Banned
Tried the US support just for the hell of it

Richard:2:22 PM
That should be correct.

It might take 2-3 weeks.

Nicola, again I am sorry as I don't have much info about shipping but I assure you this is worth the wait.

Yep, i'm gonna stop caring about this tbh

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Japan, Visa Debit.

ah but Japan is well known for advanced technology, so they probably have the capability to handle the cutting edge tech of paying for something with a visa card, when the rest of us troglodytes will have to wait until HTC can carve the payment details into stone tablets with a piece of flint.

Wallach

For you new Vive owners today & tomorrow, if you run into weird FPS or physics issues, try disabling interleaved reprojection for that game.

b0bbyJ03

Does the vive come with any free games like the Rift did? just ordered one and didnt even check what it came with other than hardware. also, how is the set up?

coughlanio

Does the vive come with any free games like the Rift did? just ordered one and didnt even check what it came with other than hardware. also, how is the set up?

As complicated as a box full of devices and wires.

There's 5 power plugs in the box. FIVE.

kaskade

Yeah, I'm guessing they've all tried VR before so it wasn't completely new. I'm curious to see how they'll react to the Vive too.

So did we er definitively find out if the lighthouses have battery slots that they can run on? Or am I going to have to plug these in to the wall?

libertytoast

Neo Member
Ugh, charge on my card got refunded as well. A few people had that happen then got tracking info, so I can only hope that's what HTC's doing for everybody.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I won't have my Vive till May. I assume it's worth creating a Steam account now to download free early access content?

thematic

ah but Japan is well known for advanced technology, so they probably have the capability to handle the cutting edge tech of paying for something with a visa card, when the rest of us troglodytes will have to wait until HTC can carve the payment details into stone tablets with a piece of flint.

LOL
you should be grateful HTC already take orders from your country

i don't think HTC will release Vive officially to my country
i'll have to wait for "unofficial" seller with 2x original price

Nugg

I ordered mine like two hours after they went up (timezones, man) and I paid with a credit card. So I'm just gonna assume I'll get it in 2018 or something.

Bookoo

I am dealing with some tough life decisions.

My roommate just told me she wanted to move out at the end of April...trying to decide if I want to re-rent the room or turn it into my VR room!

Sky Chief

So my Vive had just been sitting in a FedEx facility in Oakland since Saturday. What the fuck? Now I'm worried that I might not even be getting it tomorrow.

libertytoast

Neo Member
The Gallery: Episode 1 is going for $30 on Steam. Heard it's the killer app for the Vive right now, but damn that's steep for one episode.

IMACOMPUTA

Fuck yes!

Also, the number of HTC vive games on steam is getting huge. Like every few minutes a new game pops on the store. There are waaaaaay more Vive titles than what launched on the steam store.

Damn. Missed it. Clicked the link on my phone and it said "play now". Remoted to my desktop and now its $14.99.

Sheeit.

I am dealing with some tough life decisions.

My roommate just told me she wanted to move out at the end of April...trying to decide if I want to re-rent the room or turn it into my VR room!

VR Room. You can rent out erotic VR-experiences to make up for lost rent and extra cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom