• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Husky kills Poodle in Seoul Dog Cafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Rob_

They have a strong prey drive. They can be a problem around children and small animals.

This is true, but that's why the responsibility should always be on the owner. I'm just wary of people lumping all Husky's in with this one case. All dogs (and in fact all animals including people) have the potential for horrible violent outbursts. It's for that very reason mine is never off-lead in a public area and never left alone with children or smaller animals; I don't think she ever would, but it's my responsibility to make sure such a situation can't manifest.

Temp_User

Is it really procedure to allow dogs to just mingle like that in petshops and dog cafes? I assume that sooner or later, a group of animals would eventually set a pecking order between them and would lead to this type of violence.

Holy crap... the twitching and blood @_@

What blood? Article says it but the video doesn't show any... Still, the act is pretty violent. Quick work of such a tiny dog in comparison. And the other dogs look surprised too.

Would be pissed as well if I were the poodle owner. I love huskies but damn, surely places like these would have a staff on duty at all times, especially with varied breeds intermingling that are strangers to each other?

Ratrat

What blood? Article says it but the video doesn't show any... Still, the act is pretty violent. Quick work of such a tiny dog in comparison. And the other dogs look surprised too.

Would be pissed as well if I were the poodle owner. I love huskies but damn, surely places like these would have a staff on duty at all times, especially with varied breeds intermingling that are strangers to each other?
A husky could do real damage to a human too. That dog should not have been there to begin with.

DonMigs85

There's a longer video showing the aftermath. One of the employees runs to pick up the poodle and there's a fairly large puddle of blood.

Volimar

Huskies are generally big babies but there's no doubt that now and then they can go after small animals out of nowhere. It's very rare, but yeah that instinct doesn't just go away.

the big dog seemed very calm and controlled after the attack. Kinda surprised that the small dog getting startled would set it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom