• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

It plays sooo goood on the new 3DS, it's just a shame that it looks so bad. Especially the menus and some of the horrifically-compressed sound - it gives the impression that they ran out of cart space, which is a shame. I mean, the game doesn't even have a home menu upper-screen turnaround deally... it's a shame. Makes me wonder if Medli was intended for the base game but they couldn't fit her, considering how she's coming out for free.

Does anyone know if you can revert playable soldiers to "default" wandering around on their own after you command them to go somewhere?

Phoenixus

Yeah put me down for the "spare WiiU code" waiting list.

Damn.... how well does it run on the 3DS?

On normal 3ds? Not well at all. On n3ds? On par with the WiiU version, minus the prettiness.

I've been playing it almost nonstop today (literally only just put it back in the charger lol) and I've no doubt this is the definitive version of hyrule warriors. All the smaller improvements, the far better flow of the adventure mode map layout, the awesomeness of Linkle and her nearly-broken moveset that just plows through the giant bosses, the My Fairy system that is surprisingly deep and rrewarding, and how well integrated the older Dlc is into the game. The visual and presentation downgrades are a worthwhile sacrifice.

I can honestly now understand why the Wii U version isn't getting the map extras now, as it would likely be tied to Game pad usage to properly utilise the character switching. As a pro pad user, I say nope to that.

utterly convinced there'll be an NX ultimate edition.... And I'll buy it again like the sucker I am. :(

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, I'm still debating this. Loved it on Wii U. I just wish it was playable in co-op either online or "local".

If anyone doesn't want their Wii U code, let me know.

Razmos

It's runs surprisingly well on my original 3DS. If you arent the kind of person who counts frame rate and all that rubbish, it's perfectly serviceable and runs perfectly fine, don't listen to the people saying stuff like that.

Legends Mode as far as Story Mode content, sure. Adventure Mode is the true heart of the game.

Adventure Mode is challenges where you unlock new squares/complete their challenges to unlock new content, right?

I'm just interested in beating the story, because I don't have the time or interest for Adventure Mode's challenges. I'm not a huge fan of the game (because of its genre), but am enjoying it enough and want to beat it. But my backlog is huge.

RedToad64

Started playing last night. The performance has been greatly exaggerated; it runs fantastically on the New 3DS. I don't really like character switching, though.

How long is the campaign? You only need to finish Legends Mode to consider the game beaten, right?
It was about
15 stages in the Wii U version.

Ryce

Someone on another site was kind enough to give me their DLC code, and the new characters are all so fun to play. Skull Kid and Trident Ganondorf are my personal favorites so far. The team has done an excellent job of adapting all these Zelda characters to the Musou formula.

I know we're getting five more characters, but I really don't want the support to stop. Koei Tecmo are big on sequels, right? I'd love nothing more than a proper Hyrule Warriors 2 for NX.

I've had so many people ask for my code that I'm lost as to who was first. I've debated selling it, but don't know if that's right.

I guess anyone who's interested should PM me, and then I'll pick someone at random.

TheMoon

Someone on another site was kind enough to give me their DLC code, and the new characters are all so fun to play. Skull Kid and Trident Ganondorf are my personal favorites so far. The team has done an excellent job of adapting all these Zelda characters to the Musou formula.

I know we're getting five more characters, but I really don't want the support to stop. Koei Tecmo are big on sequels, right? I'd love nothing more than a proper Hyrule Warriors 2 for NX.

This is such a safe bet it ain't even funny :)
HW vanilla broke a million, due to being on 3DS, this one will also do good numbers. The game was/is clearly a success so you'll be playing another one on NX without even a hint of doubt.

Ryce

HW vanilla broke a million, due to being on 3DS, this one will also do good numbers. The game was/is clearly a success so you'll be playing another one on NX without even a hint of doubt.
Do you know if Koei Tecmo starts from scratch with their Musou sequels, or do they keep building off the previous installments? I'd hate to see any of the characters or costumes removed.

georly

My guess is they'll do another nintendo IP before HW2, but who knows. Zelda is their best selling musou-friendly IP, though. Unless you think they could make a good pokemon musou, which is possible, but unlikely.

Fire emblem is definitely the most fitting, I think, but less popular than zelda, worldwide.

Would anyone be willing to buy mine for $10? I could use the cash, and would prefer to do it that way.

If not, no big deal. I just figured I'd see since others are selling theirs. I wondered if I'd get offers via PM.

My guess is they'll do another nintendo IP before HW2, but who knows. Zelda is their best selling musou-friendly IP, though. Unless you think they could make a good pokemon musou, which is possible, but unlikely.

Fire emblem is definitely the most fitting, I think, but less popular than zelda, worldwide.
I would love to see a Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, as unlikely as it probably is. Mario clearing out swathes of Goombas with a giant hammer, Bowser tearing down the lines of Toads with a Chain Chomp ball-and-chain...

SOLDIER

I too would like to be part of the Wii U Waiting List.

Does the code give you anything besides the additional characters?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Would anyone be willing to buy mine for $10? I could use the cash, and would prefer to do it that way.

If not, no big deal. I just figured I'd see since others are selling theirs. I wondered if I'd get offers via PM.

Since it's $, I guess this is a NA code? Still looking for a EU code.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If anyone have a spare code for Wind Waker DLC, I would appreciate it a lot if anyone would like to donate me the code (that's if you are not interested in Wii U version)

Toss me a PM! Thanks in advance.

georly

I would love to see a Mushroom Kingdom Warriors, as unlikely as it probably is. Mario clearing out swathes of Goombas with a giant hammer, Bowser tearing down the lines of Toads with a Chain Chomp ball-and-chain...

We already have a chain chomp in hyrule warriors. It could happen, but I really don't see them fitting the musou 'style' I guess.

Franchises that fit:

Zelda
Fire Emblem
Kid icarus
Smash bros (with subspace enemies or just enemies from all franchises)

That's about it?

If anyone have a spare code for Wind Waker DLC, I would appreciate it a lot if anyone would like to donate me the code (that's if you are not interested in Wii U version)

The code begging in this thread! :p <3

Since it's $, I guess this is a NA code? Still looking for a EU code.

Yeah. Someone took it.

I was going to give it away, but noticed others were selling it and doing so on B/S/T. I figured I would, because I live on disability and just over $1000/month, so I could use the extra cash for a cheap game or something.

Sorry to anyone I pissed off.

Lgndryhr

How is this game on the N3DS? Contemplating it. Don't have a Wii U and waiting on E3 before even considering getting a Wii U.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NA Wii U code B0JFBFH014M0CX4T

You should have email-tag it or at least, pm anyone who asked for the codes since lurkers could snatch it if you post it in the open.

The code begging in this thread! :p <3

You should quote everyone's posts here! >:D Joking aside, I don't really feel like to purchase HWL since the game seem subpar on 3DS (since it's way better on New 3DS so I don't really want to purchase 35-40 dollars DLC)

LayLa

Was going to pass on this due to the lack of cross save & performance worries. Then I played the demo. Welp, this is a really nice port on the n3DS and the character swapping adds a nice new wrinkle to the strategy. Also Linkle is a badass with those crossbows!

Berordn

How is this game on the N3DS? Contemplating it. Don't have a Wii U and waiting on E3 before even considering getting a Wii U.

Fantastic actually. Framerate is solid, looks nice (not nearly as nice as the Wii U version, but not like rubbing salt in the eyes) and the new tactics-y elements actually add a lot to it.

Plus all of the new characters are great. Linkle's a blast to dick around with.

Lren

Really loving it so far, replaying it after completing the Wii U version a few months ago. It's really nice pick up and play with the adventure mode and the character swapping adds some nice layers in that it lets you access more objectives faster on certain maps. Plus it has Toon Link!

TheMoon

Do you know if Koei Tecmo starts from scratch with their Musou sequels, or do they keep building off the previous installments? I'd hate to see any of the characters or costumes removed.

No clue. HW was my first ever Musou game. Not sure how they operate in that regard otherwise.

TheMoon

Nobody has a code for Wind Waker DLC. The Wind Waker DLC is the first actual DLC being released.

The codes being traded around are for the character pack that gives you the Legends-specific characters for the Wii U version.

There's a DLC overview in the OP.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nobody has a code for Wind Waker DLC. The Wind Waker DLC is the first actual DLC being released.

The codes being traded around are for the character pack that gives you the Legends-specific characters for the Wii U version.

There's a DLC overview in the OP.

That's what I meant I want Legends-specific characters code since most of the contents came from Wind Waker. I mistakenly gave it a wrong label.

bobawesome

Finished the first mission about an hour ago. It runs okay and I don't think it's all that bad looking of a game, especially considering it's on the 3DS. The gameplay hasn't exactly blown me away, however. I'm still looking forward to giving the Adventure maps a try later since I hear that's where the real meat of the game is.

poodaddy

So I used the Wii U code and the download went well and completed for the Wii U version Legends character pack, but the characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. Do you have to do something else to unlock them?

Top Bottom