• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: Tecmo-Koei teasing a new character for the next major update?

Lunar15

I want Groose more than anything, but in terms of importance, I'd definitely say we need to see either Saria or Nabooru soon.

Happy Mask salesman...uses masks to take on new forms ....special attack is him getting really angry and going all creepy and beating enemies to death and putting them in his bottomless sack

kaitain19

How about Ravio? Maybe he could fight using Rupee bag as a weapon and the items from A Link Between Worlds (like the rods, for example) could be his special moves.

The Boat

Grooseroll.gif

THE GROOSE IS LOOSE
Incredible.

There are three villains that aren't playable, so I'm guessing they could add those.

Fandangox

It's probably going to be one of the three unique characters that aren't playable, but I'd love to be wrong. Unfortunately, I can't see them adding new characters as part of an update instead of paid DLC or part of a sequel.

That's what I was thinking, if this is a free update then its going to be one of those 3.

Besides the 3 npcs, the top 5 characters I most wanted in the game are:
Fierce Diety
Demise
Boar Ganon
Majora / SK
Mikau

Kid Link w/ Masks would have been nice, but at least we got 2 of the 3 races repped and the 3rd's powers are somewhat in Lana's moveset.

Nia

Saria isn't important whatsoever.

Minus the fact that she is Link's closest friend, and likely the one who raised him, as the other Kokiri wouldn't and the Deku Tree couldn't. Let's not also forget she is one of the instrumental Sages as well.

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Abilities could be nautical in nature, throwing anchors, causing tidal waves, using King of the Red Lions.

Basically, bring in a Wind Waker reference.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Minus the fact that she is Link's closest friend, and likely the one who raised him, as the other Kokiri wouldn't and the Deku Tree couldn't. Let's not also forget she is one of the instrumental Sages as well.

She also doesn't use Ice Magic at all which is part of the weapon style. And the Weapon Style in itself leaves much to be desired in actual usage. Lana's other weapons are more viable.

Volotaire

I would be completely surprised if Tingle isn't in this (not that I want him). I want Groose, Skull Kid or an OoT Sage please.

Akiller

There's still hope Neiteio.

How about Ravio? Maybe he could fight using Rupee bag as a weapon and the items from A Link Between Worlds (like the rods, for example) could be his special moves.

Yeah, i'd like to see the TRUE Ravio fighting with Link,that would be mindblowing lol

batfax

Let's go ahead and keep going further back. Gimmie Marin or Link's Uncle.

Groose is fine too though.

Probably already stated by the Hyrule Warriors demo is up on retail Wii U demo stations. Played it at Best Buy. Only had one level and one boss. You could play as Link, Zelda and Midna. Link had sword and magic rod as options while Zelda only had the rapier. Looks really nice on the Gamepad screen. Hard to base anything off a demo station screen as they usually make things look much worse.

L~A

Looks like Tecmo-Koei is gonna talk about the next update at TGS, next week.

Source

They're also going to have some tournaments for the game during the show.

Top Bottom