• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Version 1.4.0 Update is NOW LIVE! amiibo, Spinner, new medals, +more

Neo Dark

No. It's cause he didn't unlock Zant yet.

It's what happens when they give a Cia fan an adventure map. Either I'm playing Master Quest adventure map or Smash Bros. so never got to unlocking Zant lol

So I scanned my first Amiibo (Mario):

..............seriously!?

Fuck you Mario. :(

Wow... that has probably got to be the worst item you can get. Thanks for letting us know that's possible.

Neo Dark

Any videos of Twili Midna in action?

Not mine but here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-VVspTZV_Qk

Skimmed through it so not sure if they showed her cannon... which is part of her combo along with the giant wolves. She has pretty ridiculous combos
https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3404/uddeyed2j8bn4q06g.jpg

I really like the part when you go into your focus energy state and then use your special (the third picture I linked earlier)

Yeah, apparently there's a coin shortage in the mushroom kingdom so Mario's broke.
http://newsupermariobros2.nintendo.com/
1,804,855,483,276 coins... converts to one rupee.. Enjoy it.
Or did he use 1,804,855,483,275 coins for the princess and save one coin to convert to a rupee just for this?

taizuke

Basically. No one on earth can 100% this. The human lifespan isn't long enough.

I've already completed/A ranked both Adventure Mode and Master Quest. The only medals left for me are beating Hero mode, saving 500 allies, creating every badge, and the new ones. I also A ranked all the rewards maps.

So, it's doable. Getting to lvl 150 will surely take me a while though.

Astral Dog

Is this good? kinda want it, but i dont want to pay $60 for it, plus the DLC.
Could there be a deal on Black friday?

Nia

I used Twili Midna's focus special. What she was doing was out of sight for a bit, so I turned the camera to get a better look at her attack. I did not expect that it would end up making me tear up. Damn it.

jmizzal

Yes jumping in now

Only have Link Amiibo

Question once I get the spinner can I scan Link amiibo the next day and get other bonuses?

Effect

Damn. Used my Link amiibo to get the Spinner and again after midnight to see if it would allow me to again or if it was running on a 24 hour clock from the point of the last use. Now I have the second spinner. Was hoping it might be gotten from the adventure map or just later on. Would have liked some time with the first one. Oh well.

Amani

*sigh* Nintendo. This was gonna be the day I rest. Well-earned sleep n' all that.

Oh well, I needed to finish the main Adventure Mode map anyhow. Only got a few weapon squares to clear.

Jackano

..............seriously!?

Fuck you Mario. :(

That's sucks. Amiibos aren't free nor cheap, I was thinking it may always be silver/gold material but this is lame. I just sent a tweet about this to the official JP account (they are actually listening as far as I can tell).
I hope they change this to always gold material (and that's a better incentive to buy amiibos tbh).

jimi_dini

The maximum warrior level is now 150!

There goes my life :p

5y0Q3eS.jpg

7NexeI7.jpg

yophlow

Banned
I want to play this so much again, but I've sworn to hold off until all the DLC is out... THEN I SHALL FEAST.

Season pass was so worth it.

And it's funny, as when I bought the season pass I was all "Why did I do this?!" (I bought just because... Zelda), since I didn't know what would be coming... but oh so worth it.

Dude, seriously just start playing. The game has MONTHS of content, so all you're doing by not playing is delaying the work you're going to have to do anyway. There's always progress you can be making!

Amani

You fucking young people and your amibos are making me want to buy the Link one. Spinner's one of my favorite Zelda items and I want it...

Tsunamo

So i'd take it the update's up but the Twilight Princess DLC's not up in the PAL region yet? I can't seem to download it.

The main reason I haven't jumped on the DLC is that I'm not even remotely close to clearing the first Adventure Map. (I stopped playing when Bayonetta came out, and it's hard to convince yourself to go back to any other form of third-person combat once you have played Bayonetta.) Has anyone found it worthwhile to play the DLC regardless and chip away at the new maps without having finished the first?

Giolon

The main reason I haven't jumped on the DLC is that I'm not even remotely close to clearing the first Adventure Map. (I stopped playing when Bayonetta came out, and it's hard to convince yourself to go back to any other form of third-person combat once you have played Bayonetta.) Has anyone found it worthwhile to play the DLC regardless and chip away at the new maps without having finished the first?

It's worthwhile having the new characters and costumes (and in some cases the new weapons) to play around with on the first map.

Amiibo integration is kind of hilarious.

You're allowed to use 5 Amiibo per day. I got Link's spinner. Donkey Kong and Villager got me new Mirrors of Twilight for Midna, Marth got me 1 lousy rupee, and Fox earned me 10 rocks.

BfqX4ws.gif

Piscus

....dang, Midna looks good!! Maybe I should go beat Twilight Princess after all....

...nah, I gotta play more Hyrule Warriors.

Mzo

I'm two squares off from completing the Adventure map, and it's taken all of my free time for the past few weeks.

Now there are two more maps to go through...

orz

That's sucks. Amiibos aren't free nor cheap, I was thinking it may always be silver/gold material but this is lame. I just sent a tweet about this to the official JP account (they are actually listening as far as I can tell).
I hope they change this to always gold material (and that's a better incentive to buy amiibos tbh).

I don't think they're trying to sell amiibo off of Hyrule Warriors alone. It's just an added bonus for owning an amiibo. And there's nothing wrong with always random. The fact that you get anything at all is a cool bonus already.

Since today is a new day I tried the amiibo again and I got the following from Link:

zlCfzSsYpuIGYcGFnz

and Peach gave me 10x Moblin Flanks.

petran79

Banned
watched a while at a shop. That framerate...it was so bad and tiresome that it even distracted me from the pretty girl that was playing as Zelda!

watched a while at a shop. That framerate...it was so bad and tiresome that it even distracted me from the pretty girl that was playing as Zelda!
Low framerate is very common in Musou games that it's pretty standard when playing them. Even if the game was on PS4 hardware it would still be below 30fps constantly.

Top Bottom