• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am flying over 1000 miles to see a woman I met before Christmas |OT| On her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Seconded.

Sounds like a fun time, why not? What does she do for a living to have such an excess of money, I wonder?

She's a big time biologist at a high paying lab. One of the reasons for such a generous offer was that she has more money than happiness, and would like happiness in her life instead.

Good luck, man. At the very least, I would give back the $300 she gave you (prior to buying you a ticket).

I actually was going to do this, but then we agreed that I would need funds for say, bag checks and such.

xAOLz.png

squidyj

On the one hand I want to see Ashodin succeed.... on the other this is a thread about a relationship on GAF, I'm not sure I'm ready to see one that ends well.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Take a picture of her drivers liscense when you see her and post it in case she kills you and eats parts of your body. Just so we know who did it.

Good luck!

jaxword

12:23pm
---------------------
I got your email
It made me very happy. It was an awesome thing to wake up to.
I think there's a good chance we might end up spending our lives together.

After reading that, yes, it does definitely sound like you will spend the rest of your life in her presence.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
1. You're probably going to die, that's sketchy as hell sending all that money

2. You're not in love :lol :lol

3. Good luck, and can I have your tv?

Ashodin

Gentlemen. I will be in her presence alone most of the time. We are planning on also heading to her parents' place while they are away.

1. You're probably going to die, that's sketchy as hell sending all that money

2. You're not in love :lol :lol

3. Good luck, and can I have your tv?

1. I don't get into things like this unless I'm sure
  2. How do you know?
  3. I don't have my TV any more, sorry.

Ashodin

This thread is going to be hilarious, I've always wanted a thread where my avatar gets quoted often. You guys are the best!

Are you at least meeting in a public place at first? Maybe I'm crazy but some of this seems off.

Uh, an airport terminal?

Heel

Not to be creepy, but I want every last detail of this wonderful adventure. Paragraphs and paragraphs. Thank you.

Ironmask

thread subscribed!

i've done the same as you (long travel to meet someone i barely knew), it ended up well since we got married and got a child.

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
OP, if there is any worthwhile comment reading here, please have a loved one (not her) know your travel details - your itinerary, where you are staying, etc.

Let me remind you what you are doing:
You met a random stranger on the internet who felt like buying you a ticket, even trusting you to hold her extra money. And you are staying at this stranger's apartment.

I hope it works out well for you two, but please be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom