• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am flying over 1000 miles to see a woman I met before Christmas |OT| On her money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trin

Nope.
Ticket:

Checking posting from phone. This is how I'm going to be posting mainly.

Also I do know what she looks like. 5'1", 123 lbs of pure cute.

Crazy, if you left on Saturday we'd both have connecting flights in Atlanta at the same time.

...Not that it matters, b-baka!

This seems dangerous and absolutely crazy! Have you really thought this through?!... ...Do you have any idea how cold it is in Minnesota at this time of the year?

You better have packed a warm hat and a good pair of mittens, young man.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are you by chance related to this guy?

n3GUb.jpg

If so go for it, if not I'd bail.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
You dodged a bullet. Internet means crazy. Which I am. In abundance.

At any rate, there are all kinds of awesome people online. Some may think it weird to meet people online, but take a chance and you might meet someone cool too.

BigDaikon. The expat site of angst for all foreign residents of Japan. ;)

Never went on there myself, or any expat forums. Couldn't stand the whining, had to deal with enough of it at work!

And yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of crazy people out there on the internet, but as long as you're smart and wary you can find a lot of awesome people too. It can be hard to meet people in real life you can connect with, the internet makes it quite a bit easier.

My friend met his girlfriend online and flew from New Zealand to... well, here to meet her.

So, yeah, I have very high hopes for this. Make sure you put a ring on it.

Nilaul

I don't need condoms. Things are taken care of. Plus she doesn't want kids.

Man keep it safe.. you don't really know anything about her. I know you talked over the internet and bla bla bla and that your in love with each other but you never know. At least for the first few times.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You are living my dream... GIVE IT BACK.

Good luck man, I have never been so envious of a random internet person.

Never went on there myself, or any expat forums. Couldn't stand the whining, had to deal with enough of it at work!

And yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of crazy people out there on the internet, but as long as you're smart and wary you can find a lot of awesome people too. It can be hard to meet people in real life you can connect with, the internet makes it quite a bit easier.

What?! It was a great resource, though mostly just for venting for some... :p

BigDaikon kept me sane on bad days, and it was the vehicle to physically meet my fiancé for the first time at a soccer tournament for all the JETs in Japan.

As you say, just be smart and wary, but also take the chance! I've met tons of awesome people at Gaf meet-ups! :D

YOU USE CONDOMS FOR MANY REASONS THIS IS THE WORST POST HOLY SHIT

Might be best just to be safe and follow this reasonable man's advice.

Sounds like she has extreme self esteem issues. Not saying you're not a cool dude or anything, but to spend $600 like it's nothing so fast is a tad ridiculous. Unless she's rich and doesn't give a shit.

FyreWulff

Good luck, OP. Not like I can say much, I'm currently living in Canada by leaving my home state for a better future with 20$ to my name and my roommate paying for the plane ticket. I have an idea of your current mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom