• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I believe in the 1st amendment and boobs" - Clay Travis declares on CNN

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Dear CNN:

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Stop inviting morons to your show and doing "both sides"!

Laiza

Wait wut..

Who the fuck is talking about pedophilia??

I meant the inappropriateness of a boobs and ass discussion..that is 'skeevy'...was not thinking about the kids in the actual gif...Jesus Christ I'm out.
I mean, it's a little girl, in this context, saying "why not both" to T&A.

It's a double-whammy of sexism and, well, yeah. You gotta admit, it's impressive how much it gets ruined in this sort of context.

legacyzero

Banned
I saw this live, and the look of "THE FUCK?!" On everybody's faces was fucking priceless. Followed by the question of "did he just...?"

CNN and their fucking moron panelists

Jenov

You have a president that advocates to "grabbing pussy" and then gets elected shortly after. So it's no wonder that we now have sexist morons feeling free to say this sort of shit live on tv. Fuck that dude.

cjp

I mean, it's a little girl, in this context, saying "why not both" to T&A.

It's a double-whammy of sexism and, well, yeah. You gotta admit, it's impressive how much it gets ruined in this sort of context.

what is wrong with you

Laiza

"Uh..." what?

Say something of substance or don't bother posting at all.

I mean, you guys gotta think about these things when you're using gif responses in this kind of conversation. You don't post children going "yay boobs and butts" (implied or otherwise) and not get called out on it. At the very least, it's really careless behavior.
what is wrong with you
What's "wrong" with me is that I want people to put more thought into their responses and not just mindlessly post shit for the sake of posting shit.

"Uh..." what?

I mean, you guys gotta think about these things when you're using gif responses in this kind of conversation. You don't post children going "yay boobs" (implied or otherwise) and not get called out on it. At the very least, it's really careless behavior.

Let me say something more substantial, then - you're the only person even close to thinking in that direction. The thread was iffy enough, but somehow you jumped a line.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
You have a president that advocates to "grabbing pussy" and then gets elected shortly after. So it's no wonder that we now have sexist morons feeling free to say this sort of shit live on tv. Fuck that dude.

You're right, this is Trump's fault.

Laiza

Let me say something more substantial, then - you're the only person even close to thinking in that direction. The thread was iffy enough, but somehow you jumped a line.
Well, of course I am.

I'm likely one of the only people reading this thread thinking about how that girl is effectively being used to boost a stupid sexist conversation that will likely continue to hound her in her teenage and adult years as she grows to have the "boobs" and "ass" that the many, many guys on GAF and elsewhere are pining for. Because this thread, and most of GAF, is largely men who've never experienced this shit.

Look, the answer to this conversation is not "why not both?". The answer is to stop the fucking conversation and accept that everyone can and should have their own tastes that no one needs to question in the first place.

Brooke handled it well. He knew he was going to get that type of reaction.

"Uh..." what?

I mean, you guys gotta think about these things when you're using gif responses in this kind of conversation. You don't post children going "yay boobs and butts" (implied or otherwise) and not get called out on it. At the very least, it's really careless behavior.
What's "wrong" with me is that I want people to put more thought into their responses and not just mindlessly post shit for the sake of posting shit.

Never entered my mind when lurking the thread. Sounds like you're grasping... If you think that poster is a pedephile for posting that, then I think you need to step back and not try to read between the lines with everything.

Got to admit it was pretty funny when Keith said he 'was a fan of the first amendment and I love...' I was hoping he was going to say boobs right there!

Laiza

Never entered my mind when lurking the thread. Sounds like you're grasping... If you think that poster is a pedephile for posting that, then I think you need to step back and not try to read between the lines with everything.
I'm not saying they're a pedophile, goddamn.

I'm just saying it's careless. It's asymptomatic of the general lack of concern this society has for women when the gif gets used so carelessly in a conversation like this that is intrinsically sexist. And it ends up being skeevy when you put more than a second's thought into the implications thereof.

You guys are so eager to have your stupid boobs and butts conversation in every thread it's even remotely justified in that you can't even be bothered to come up with more appropriate (not to mention original) responses than that.
Boobs are offensive now?
If you tell me to my face how much you love boobs when uncalled for, I'm probably going to write you off as a trash human being.

Sorry, them's the breaks.

bitbydeath

Do people really have no sense of humour in America?

Meanwhile in Australia.

cb.jpg

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I don't know the context, but the boobs thing doesn't sound like a problem in isolation.

There's probably some context :p

Honestly in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal. It is a completely absurd situation, and his absolute sincerity is something to behold. The problem really is that hetero male sexual preference is everywhere, we don't really need it injected into conversations about this kind of subject matter (the Trump-ESPN attempt to pressure into firing). It is just indulgent and unnecessary. I don't think he intended it as an attempt to disrespect the two female reporters, but it is disrespectful and narcissistic to be such an idiot. Talking about his sexual preference offers no content to the discussion.

BosSin

Fuck me, this is CNN not a 2 bit shitty radio show. That guy just comes off as a dickhead that doesn't know how to be appropriate.

Laiza

Honestly in the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal. It is a completely absurd situation, and his absolute sincerity is something to behold. The problem really is that hetero male sexual preference is everywhere, we don't really need it injected into conversations about this kind of subject matter (the Trump-ESPN attempt to pressure into firing). It is just indulgent and unnecessary. I don't think he intended it as an attempt to disrespect the two female reporters, but it is disrespectful and narcissistic to be such an idiot. Talking about his sexual preference offers no content to the discussion.
It's funny how much this post can apply to everyone who used this thread as an opportunity to inject their opinion on boobs vs butts as well.

Seriously, folks. Think about what you're doing there.

I'm not saying they're a pedophile, goddamn.

I'm just saying it's careless. It's asymptomatic of the general lack of concern this society has for women when the gif gets used so carelessly in a conversation like this that is intrinsically sexist. And it ends up being skeevy when you put more than a second's thought into the implications thereof.

You guys are so eager to have your stupid boobs and butts conversation in every thread it's even remotely justified in that you can't even be bothered to come up with more appropriate (not to mention original) responses than that.

If you tell me to my face how much you love boobs when uncalled for, I'm probably going to write you off as a trash human being.

Sorry, them's the breaks.
'I wasn't making jokes about boobs. Don't include me in that.

But the gif and posts it responded to can be seen as a comedic attempt at showing how absurd it is to proclaim your love of body parts. Sure, it wasn't really that funny and can be seen as immature.

...Or it was just a sexist attempt to ruin a child actress' self esteem, make a pedo joke, and undermine gender equality in gifs.

I'm gonna go with the former. Because if I went with the latter, I'd have to wear a tin foil hat.

He's been leading the charge to get Jemele Hill fired the last couple of days, too.

(Unsure how whynotboth.gif is pedophilic in this context. It's a gif reaction. Relax, guys)

Top Bottom