• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. I mean, ummm. Did I just read through an angry Xbox department PR guy post?

Ahahaha, I haven't laughed so much in a while! And those Bishop comments.

forms

I'm not sure what you mean by "cleaning operations," but as Stet said:

I mean, at this rate, if anyone had the misfortune to sign up here with a PR account, they'd probably be best-served not to have strong opinions about anything, because otherwise they'll be accused of being paid off by Nintendo, Sony, etc, regardless of whether it can proven that their PR work is actually done for said company.

Heck, even if this guy were in PR (and if Stet is correct, it appears he makes a database of contacts -for- PR, not actual PR work himself), for all we know he might do PR work for Sony, ha.

Quite possible that I stand corrected here, yup.

It's always going to go bad when you start a thread off by calling members fools, even if you had some valid points.

ps4/pc gamer here, don't burn me

Sephzilla

That thread title

tumblr_mnmus596dQ1s0qwlko1_500.gif

gngf123

PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

So ban him for having a tantrum, but not for being an astroturfing shill.

Precisely.

Look at the about page. It talks about software. There is no mention anywhere of services relating to actually conducting public relations.

http://prmax.co.uk/about-us

The admins jumped too quickly to the 'boom headshot' without actually reading the damn site they were quoting.

http://prmax.co.uk/products

hmmm...

Doesn't look like a PR firm...

Hmm, another little twist.

It really did sound like a bad PR astroturfing OP though.

sakipon

Quoting in agreement. His company literally maintains a massive list of contacts that marketing company's can tap into for their PR campaigns. This is not marketing.

Why would anyone with a PR-related job use their work email for a gaming forum? Seems like playing with fire to me.

SeanTSC

Wow. This is a far more fabulous piece of schadenfreude here than I could have ever possibly hoped to experience today.

Thank you sir, thank you.

Neiteio

Oh wow. I mean, ummm. Did I just read through an angry Xbox department PR guy post?

Ahahaha, I haven't laughed so much in a while! And those Bishop comments.
No. Or at least, we have no actual evidence of such. See the following:

PRMax isn't a PR company, it's a software company that makes a PR contact database.

Precisely.

Look at the about page. It talks about software. There is no mention anywhere of services relating to actually conducting public relations.

The admins jumped too quickly to the 'boom headshot' without actually reading the damn site they were quoting.

http://prmax.co.uk/products

hmmm...

Doesn't look like a PR firm...
Neiteio said:
Is anyone paying attention to these posts? There is no proof the OP works in PR.

And even if he did -- he could be doing PR for billions of things aside from Microsoft. Does everyone here think every person in PR is paid to have all the opinions they do?

jryi

Senior Analyst, Fanboy Drivel Research Partners LLC
TitusGroan? I vaguely remember the username, but I don't remember why.

I think you can find his other works in the "13 years of Microsoft first party studios" thread or whatever the title was.

This is a fun thread, nonetheless. Much gifs. Wow.

Is anyone paying attention to these posts? There is no proof the OP works in PR.

And even if he did -- he could be doing PR for billions of things aside from Microsoft. Does everyone here think every person in PR is paid to have all the opinions they do?
Yup. I really don't think he's an astroturfer. He's been mostly in Nintendo threads anyway.

That said, I do think he's quite silly sometimes (sometimes he defends things in a silly way and sometimes he attacks things like some grumpy old man). OP is just ridiculous and it's really stupid to use the "b-b-but" thing as there are a lot of people who actually stutter with their words.

But again, I really don't think he's an astroturfer.

LeonDekoda

Neo Member
Good riddance to bad rubbish! Especially PR trolls.

I should say, if your gonna post to GAF, get your facts right! For example:

"But Microsoft totally stole Tomb Raider!"

They paid to make the second Tomb Raider game exclusive. You know who else did that? Sony, with the exact same franchise. The original Tomb Raider was released for PC, PS1 and Saturn. After it came out, Sony inked a deal with Eidos to make the series PS1 exclusive until 2000.

Really now?

Then how come there was a release on PC as well as PS1 for every single game? And this wasn't a release after the PS1, this was a release on PC on the same day, or a couple of days out of the PS1 release? And how come the PC release got exclusive content within 18 months of release? Content that never appears on the PS1 ever?

Lets not forget the release of Chronicles and Last Revelation on the Dreamcast! The dreamcast release of TLR coming to Europe in 1999, with the US release the following April. That's a good 3 months before your sacred 2000 expiry date!

/endrant

A-V-B

Doesn't seem like it.

Again, seems like there's no way to know, but if you have a massive rant and you just happen to work for a company that's linked to astroturfers AND you use it for your e-mail... and you're on NeoGAF...

I don't know. It's living in murky waters, then submerging yourself totally in them and hoping you don't drown. If that makes any sense.

Wait so this wasn't astroturfing?

Doesn't appear to be. He may still be banned due to his post, but we will never see the title changed or the admins agree to the misfire.

This is another one of those things that will be a huge deal and called astroturfing even though it looks to be incorrect and we will never see anyone admit that they were wrong.

The dude has 1,200 posts and now just decides to become a paid shill? That makes no sense.

BWJinxing

Precisely.

This could suggest that the account was an automated bot posting content with a mere click. Without knowing it's entire post history, I can't say for sure but that is a clue on its own.

Hawk269

Thread is originally posted
Thread gets closed after about 35 replies
Thread Title is Changed
OP gets banned
Thread is re-opened

What the hell is going on?

I guess some guys are just thirsty to find validation for their Microsoft's shills suspicions.

Parapraxis

Plot twist, Op actually works for Sony, being exposed and banned as though he was working MS PR was all part of the plan.

Va2rCxQ.gif

Why would anyone with a PR-related job use their work email for a gaming forum? Seems like playing with fire to me.

Because you can't sign up for Neogaf with a free email account such as gmail. Not many people have a paid account other than work. I use my ISP email for this website even though I don't use it for anything else.

playXray

Wow, this is the first time I've seen one of these insta-ban threads! Gotta say, while he had some valid points, I'm pleased that the kind of attitude the guy showed is not tolerated on GAF.

Wereroku

No it's not. Do you know what a PR contact database is? The OP compiles a list of PR agencies that other companies can use. He doesn't do any PR work himself.

And again, even if he did, you'd have to prove Microsoft is one of his clients. Otherwise, you may be banning him for having a genuine, unpaid opinion.

Actually you are wrong according to this link it's a database of Journalist contact info not other pr agencies. Either way this thread really did read like press release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom