• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In retrospect, Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Thats sad and pathetic. Any and I mean ANY company who does this should be ashamed of this. This is a disservice to their customers and the industry they are in. this shit needs to stop.

Honestly, I agree with you. But I don't think there's any way that it will happen though. I don't think there's even a legal recourse. The companies will simply refine their astroturfing strategies to make them more difficult to detect.

Anyway, to weigh in, I also don't think he's an astroturfer. Maybe he let the moment get to him before posting this thread.

Doesn't appear to be. He may still be banned due to his post, but we will never see the title changed or the admins agree to the misfire.

This is another one of those things that will be a huge deal and called astroturfing even though it looks to be incorrect and we will never see anyone admit that they were wrong.

The dude has 1,200 posts and now just decides to become a paid shill? That makes no sense.

Was calling us fools a bannable offense is the question, right?

I remember arguing with this guy IIRC in another thread about Vasectomy and Eugenics or something like that.

Neiteio

If the guy was an astroturfing PR dude, why was he posting in Zelda threads about how great Skyward Sword is?
Exactly. The OP appears to be a legit Nintendo fan who frequents Nintendo threads. It could very well be the case that 1) if he does PR work, it's for a fast-food restaurant, a hospital, a charity, an auto repair shop, etc -- any of the billions of things that have PR, and that are NOT Microsoft, and 2) he was simply genuinely upset people continue to rag on people who like Xbone, and he was asking for people to be more respectful of each other rather than acting so competitive.

More like KGB.

Well, I was quoting Kelsey Grammer in Transformers..wait.

Kelsey Grammer Beast

beast.jpg

OH SHIT

Sephzilla

I know Titus from Destructoid's forums before he jumped over to GAF.

To be perfectly honest I figured his big meltdown would ultimately be related to Nintendo, not Xbox.

While his tone was overly aggressive most of his points were valid. GAF enjoys drive-by posting way too much, essentially turning it into another gamefaqs. In any given thread at least half of it is filled with one sentence replies that do nothing to move the conversation anywhere. Sure this is fine for some threads but it happens in literally every single thread.

But who cares, the guy was banned due to his email address so he must've been wrong and full of lies and ill intent. Sigh.
Literally every thread?

He's probably not a PR guy for MS.. Even with that said, the post was still bannable to me. You just can't go singling out a group by trhowing a tantrum on your post.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People actually think MS paid this guy? Hint: cui bono? Sony is paying viral marketers to appear like Microsoft shills, then paying Bish to ban them and create a big forum stink.

My trust in Sony after this is at an all-time low. I can't believe so many of you are falling for lies.
Don't listen to Ondore's lies!

ObbyDent

Banned
Exactly. The OP appears to be a legit Nintendo fan who frequents Nintendo threads. It could very well be the case that 1) if he does PR work, it's for a fast-food restaurant, a hospital, a charity, an auto repair shop, etc -- any of the billions of things that have PR, and that are NOT Microsoft, and 2) he was simply genuinely upset people continue to rag on people who like Xbone, and he was asking for people to be more respectful of each other rather than acting so competitive.

Quoted for visibility.

Will anything be done about this? Or will this just be forgotten in a couple hours?

FourMyle

I have a question. What is the difference between someone who defends, reflects, attacks, downplays and otherwise promotes the interests of a multi-billion dollar video game company for pay/a salary and someone who defends, reflects, attacks, downplays and otherwise promotes the interests of a multi-billion dollar video game company for free?

Just curious

I don't know about OP but this does make sense. It's about blending in, being one of us, then at some point you start with the PR posts. A lot less suspicious than a fresh new guy with 5 posts and already advertising the greatest all-in-one entertainment system.

The guys gets heated over Nintendo threads.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You're going pretty hard in the paint to prove this guy innocent...makes you look pretty suspicious.

Krejlooc

Banned
Is anyone paying attention to these posts? There is no proof the OP works in PR.

And even if he did -- he could be doing PR for billions of things aside from Microsoft. Does everyone here think every person in PR is paid to have all the opinions they do?

Whether or not he worked for a PR firm or not, the OP was insulting and aggressive. Nobody should make topics like that.

tfur

I guess some guys are just thirsty to find validation for their Microsoft's shills suspicions.

Shills have been found a removed in the past. Not suspicions.

Also, he doesn't work in PR, he just works in PR.

The "hivemind" post was stupid, and the Microsoft pity party gets old.

Make a decent product and stop lying... and you will have people going tor your product. As it is now, the device deserves the position it is in, and I can see why Nadella is shifting focus..

Squalor

Yeah, great idea to ask for people to be more respectful to one another after calling them "fools."

Aside from the (unproven?) fact that he was PR or is somehow related to PR, he made some good points. A lot of babies on this forum that take shit too personal. Shit that doesn't even affect them directly. For example go find the MS takes a jab at Sony gif thread. I couldn't believe what I was reading in there, sweet baby jesus.

All I'm saying is, this a hobby that we share. Let the corporations worry about profits and fight each other tooth and nail, they actually get paid for that, by us.

Why would anyone with a PR-related job use their work email for a gaming forum? Seems like playing with fire to me.

Forum Rules said:
Registration using a free email account (such as hotmail) is prohibited. Use the email provided by your ISP, College, or other such establishments. NeoGAF will not disclose email addresses to spam providers.

A lot of people don't have or don't use ISP email addresses, so using a work email address seems reasonable. I'm pretty sure that's how I got my account.

I don't know about OP but this does make sense. It's about blending in, being one of us, then at some point you start with the PR posts. A lot less suspicious than a fresh new guy with 5 posts and already advertising the greatest all-in-one entertainment system.
If all you post is about a product it gets called out easily.
Yeah, but an astroturfer typically doesn't post long and very long posts on many many things. Including long posts that defend the competitors of the firm for which he's working.

A-V-B

Exactly. The OP appears to be a legit Nintendo fan who frequents Nintendo threads.

To be perfectly fair, that's a fairly well known astroturfing technique, and they do it on Reddit, too. Have them do things that are unrelated to what they've been hired for, make them mill around for a while to fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom