• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

ChazGW7

Just bought FIFA 17 Super Deluxe with gift cards (South Africa) and worked. Glad this option is still working as of right now.
Also when paying for foreign purchases I recommend using your CC, PayPal seems to have the worst conversion rates ever.

Wait so you purchased from the Microsoft Store with gift cards and your Credit Card to pay the remaining balance?

ChazGW7

You buying these gift cards from play-asia? They have physical and digital versions - make sure you select the digital ones when purchasing. If you are buying gift cards from the Hong Kong Microsoft Store then I am not sure, that's not where people have recommended you buy them! :p

And yes, you can still pay for games using gift cards only

luffeN

Can I buy gift cards in Austria, activate the gift card on my .at account and then buy something online in the Singapore store?

thenameDS

So what do I need to to then to buy from the Singapore store?
Edit: Talking about Xbox Play Anywhere games and play them on PC.

Go to the Microsoft Store on your browser, at the bottom of the page on the left change the region to Singapore. Then on the Singapore store search for "Xbox Digital Gift Card".

Caayn

So we can't split pay (gift card + paypal) any more? Today is a sad day.

If I can't get it cheaper with gift cards only, I can still buy from the US store with their custom amount gift cards (for now). Which is still cheaper than my own country's store fucked up pricing.

luffeN

Go to the Microsoft Store on your browser, at the bottom of the page on the left change the region to Singapore. Then on the Singapore store search for "Xbox Digital Gift Card".

So the store allows me to directly buy gift cards but not products? Strange.

So which state in the United States offers the lowest sales tax when ordering microsoftstore.com? Currently i'm located in the United Center in Chicago and Microsoft charges me 3,75 dollar sales tax.

deadfolk

Crossposting:

So this is infuriating...

The Forza Horizon 3 expansion pass is $36 for me on the Singapore store. I have $15.50 left in my wallet after buying the game. The smallest gift card is $20.

Which means I would have to buy an extra $20 card for the sake of $0.50!

And yes, I've tried PayPal & CC.

Any ideas?

Lima

Crossposting:

So this is infuriating...

The Forza Horizon 3 expansion pass is $36 for me on the Singapore store. I have $15.50 left in my wallet after buying the game. The smallest gift card is $20.

Which means I would have to buy an extra $20 card for the sake of $0.50!

And yes, I've tried PayPal & CC.

Any ideas?

Yes. Buy the card and have leftover credit.

Darth Chief 117

Neo Member
Can't get the bloody store checker site to work, any chance anyone could help me in discovering the cheapest store for Gears 4? Standard edition? US store only makes it £46 which is still reasonably expensive here so looking for alternatives.

8bit

Knows the Score
Can't get the bloody store checker site to work, any chance anyone could help me in discovering the cheapest store for Gears 4? Standard edition? US store only makes it £46 which is still reasonably expensive here so looking for alternatives.

Singapore - ~45€

LNBL

Just bought FIFA 17 Super Deluxe with gift cards (South Africa) and worked. Glad this option is still working as of right now.
Also when paying for foreign purchases I recommend using your CC, PayPal seems to have the worst conversion rates ever.

Just got the same :) thanks for the help again!

Does the game actually unlock only on the 29th or does it change depending on the region your xbox is set to, despite having bought the SA version. ( Think it depends on the region its set to, since on my console it says You own this product, available 9/27)

Lima

Just got the same :) thanks for the help again!

Does the game actually unlock only on the 29th or does it change depending on the region your xbox is set to, despite having bought the SA version. ( Think it depends on the region its set to, since on my console it says You own this product, available 9/27)

Depends on the region you bought it from.

The game releases 9/28th in south africa.

So I pre-ordered Gears Of War 4 from the Shanghai store. Do I have to call my regional xbox support to cancel it? I want to get the ultimate edition now.

Caayn

I just bought a game from the Polish marketplace with a Dutch paypal account without needing to resort to gift cards. Despite Poland being a different country and using a different currency.

Lima

I just bought a game from the Polish marketplace with a Dutch paypal account without needing to resort to gift cards. Despite Poland being a different country and using a different currency.

Yeah some marketplace Stil work. Hungary for example works too. You can pay with your regular cc there still.

So.

By buying Singapore gift cards (20 and 50).

Then buying Gears of War 4 pre order edition it works out at €45 and I get the game early on Monday around 7pm?

Why the fuck would anyone pay nearly double for the ultimate edition to play it earlier on Friday?

I'll happily wait till Monday and only spend 45 euros on this game.

I love how Microsoft still let's us use he foreign stores! I've saved so much money going all digital this gen and using the US and other stores.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So.

Then buying Gears of War 4 pre order edition it works out at €45 and I get the game early on Monday around 7pm?

Why the fuck would anyone pay nearly double for the ultimate edition to play it earlier on Friday?

I love how Microsoft still let's us use he foreign stores! I've saved so much money going all digital this gen and using the US and other stores.

Yup it will unlock Monday depending where you are. I haven't bought in a while from that region but if I remember I could play around 6-7pm.

Any way for indian codes?
I want cheap Rainbow 6 :)

I never had luck when I searched earlier in the year. I had to use Revolut and a VPN but that might be fixed now.

Acidote

So.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy 3 $20 cards? Is there a limit on gifts cards?

Xumbrega

Banned
Uhhhh, is that new? I can't even redeem a US code.. and yes.. I'm on the US Store..

3PLN4ZX.png

edit: it worked on the console

Uhhhh, is that new? I can't even redeem a US code.. and yes.. I'm on the US Store..

3PLN4ZX.png

Yeah, I just got the same with Singapore codes. Had a heart stopping few seconds thinking I'd wasted £30, but using the Xbox worked. Looks like they're starting to crack down on this even more.

B4D1E

Call me negative but I don't see this lasting, sadly.

That's a shame really, especially for the developpers!!! I'll buy less and less games and most of it will be pre-owned one. Unless the prices in EU are more on point with the international markets.

jorkila

So India is the cheapest store for Battlefield 1 but no way of getting Indian gift cards!

Ended up paying £42 from the Singapore with Ea Access discount.

It's a bit more of a mess around not being able to redeem on the website but I wasn't able to change the region on that page to Singapore, purely because I didn't know which option to choose :-(

Definitely looking like it's only a matter of time until we're completely locked out from doing this, ah well it was good while it lasted!

Lima

You can still easily redeem gift cards for any region on account.live.com

You will get the same message, then you just click on change region and put in the code again and it will work.

krang

3PLN4ZX.png

I just had this. I guess it's a symptom of standardising the code redemption site for all MS products, meaning you're taken away from your Xbox website regional selection.

As you say, it works on the console still, but I'm debating using this method again. Ugh...shitty digital pricing, here I come.

operon

I just had this. I guess it's a symptom of standardising the code redemption site for all MS products, meaning you're taken away from your Xbox website regional selection.

As you say, it works on the console still, but I'm debating using this method again. Ugh...shitty digital pricing, here I come.

I had that when buying battlefield 1, but when i clicked on buy it said i had multiple address asked me to pick one, picked my american one added the key and it worked

Maybe in missing something. But i bought two gift cards from the Singapore Ms store. Redeemed them on Xbox.com and then bought Gears on the same site. It's downloading to my Xbox right now.

What are you guys doing differently to get that message?

krang

Maybe in missing something. But i bought two gift cards from the Singapore Ms store. Redeemed them on Xbox.com and then bought Gears on the same site. It's downloading to my Xbox right now.

What are you guys doing differently to get that message?

No idea. I did exactly the same - bought vouchers from MS Store Singapore, went to Xbox.com and set region to en-SG and went to "Redeem Code", which then took me away from the Xbox site to the MS account site to redeem it. When I inputted the codes it told me I was in the wrong region. I tried to switch the region on that page instead and it didn't have Singapore as an option.

Top Bottom