• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

B4D1E

Yea looks like it, but it said 6:00 pm

I have the impression the time shown is from your "original" place. For example, I'm from Belgium and when I check Watch_dogs 2 on the HK store, it tells me it'll unlock on 14 november 5 pm. But WD2 is out on the 15th... which correspond to the time shown (idk if i'm clear lol)

krang

I have the impression the time shown is from your "original" place. For example, I'm from Belgium and when I check Watch_dogs 2 on the HK store, it tells me it'll unlock on 14 november 5 pm. But WD2 is out on the 15th... which correspond to the time shown (idk if i'm clear lol)

Guess we'll find out in 10 minutes!

Lima

The unlock time displayed on the website or console is converted to your time zone.

So if you are in central Europe you can play Watch_Dogs 2 on the 14th at 6pm because that's when it will be midnight the 15th in Singapore.

B4D1E

The unlock time displayed on the website or console is converted to your time zone.

So if you are in central Europe you can play Watch_Dogs 2 on the 14th at 6pm because that's when it will be midnight the 15th in Singapore.

Haha more clear and simple than my explaination!!!

TheKeyPit

Banned

Is the Deluxe Edition the Standard Edition?

cantona222

I am having issues downloading the Xbox 360 Free games with gold on my XBone in the last few months. Does Anybody have the same issue? I am from Kuwait.

JoeLT

Can you be permanently banned for this? I wouldn't mind if they revoked games bought in another region, but do they actually completely ban the account?

Bumhead

Banned
Is Singapore the recommended store to download from now?

I'm in the UK and always used to switch to US but.. it's almost entirely pointless doing that now.

idwl

I'm in the Middle East using my New Zealand debit card on the American store and it works fine for me. I've started getting multi platforms on my Xbox now cause I save around 25 dollars per game rather than having to buy the physical version for PS4 from stores here. I really hope they don't crack down on these.

Guerrilla

And how can you buy from Singapore? I mean using vpn isn't working now right?

you can buy singapore gift cards from the ms store without a vpn or anything. Then switch your console to singapore, redeem the cards and buy the game on your console or pc through the xbox site :) (you can switch your console back to whatever region after buying the game and download it from there for the localized version of course, the license is region free).

You can get 50 and 20 SP$ cards, and games are 69,99SP$ so you won't have any leftover cash.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Every time i try to pay the difference i get this

Untitled.jpg

Any way around it ?

Broman1978

Gonna buy Titanfall 2 from Singapore Store. Best place to buy Giftcards? Still Singapore Microsoft Store? Do I get the codes in the mail?

TheKeyPit

Banned
The gift card method still works for Singapore? I want to get Watch Dogs 2, but there really isn't a normal pre-order edition for that game; Deluxe Edition is the cheapest there with ~76 Singapore Dollars. I'll habe to get 4 gift cards for that. wtf.

The gift card method still works for Singapore? I want to get Watch Dogs 2, but there really isn't a normal pre-order edition for that game; Deluxe Edition is the cheapest there with ~76 Singapore Dollars. I'll habe to get 4 gift cards for that. wtf.

Yes, it does. I bought COD today with that method.

JoeLT

Bought Infinite Warfare from Singapore and now the menus aren't in English, and English isn't an option in language settings.......

TheKeyPit

Banned
They screwed with the store. I can no longer redeem HK codes on the website as easy as before, because everytime I set the site to HK and want to redeem a code it switches the language to german. Blah blah blah, I had to switch my console region to HK to redeem my codes.

They screwed with the store. I can no longer redeem HK codes on the website as easy as before, because everytime I set the site to HK and want to redeem a code it switches the language to german. Blah blah blah, I had to switch my console region to HK to redeem my codes.

I had a similar issue. I think I managed to get it to work by trying to buy what I wanted and then adding the credit through the payment options.

jorkila

The only way now is to redeem via the console once set to the correct region!

B4D1E

Yeah, you can't redeem code on the site anymore (if cross-region). The only option left is on the console by switching to the right region. Let's just hope it won't be locked there too D:

Lima

Guys you can still redeem them on account.live.com

Stop saying that you have to do it via the console. Good god.

Sordid

Guys you can still redeem them on account.live.com

Stop saying that you have to do it via the console. Good god.

Last time I bought US credit it wouldn't redeem through account.live.com fwiw, wouldn't redeem through the Xbox app anymore either. Had to change my consoles region and do it that way. Never happened to me any other time I've bought US credit.

Lima

You put in the code on account.live.com and then it will say that the code is for a different region click here to switch. Put it in again and the credit gets added.

TheKeyPit

Banned
You put in the code on account.live.com and then it will say that the code is for a different region click here to switch. Put it in again and the credit gets added.

Okay, now I see it. Why the fuck are there two sites for redeeming? "redeem.microsoft.com/enter" and "account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem#"
It doesn't work on the first one.

Top Bottom