• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interstellar - Trailer #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drewcifer ‏@DrewAtHitFix 33s34 seconds ago Los Angeles, CA
One thing Chris Nolan has never made me do: cry. Until tonight. #INTERSTELLAR

tumblr_mdjgia7VOV1rrx8xeo2_250.gif

Drewcifer ‏@DrewAtHitFix 33s34 seconds ago Los Angeles, CA
One thing Chris Nolan has never made me do: cry. Until tonight. #INTERSTELLAR

i knew it. getting american real boy of the year matthew mcconaughey was great casting. he'll resonate with audiences a lot better than leonardo dicaprio and christian bale. especially in a dad role.

Evan O'Brien ‏@evanoobrien 15m15 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
Just witnessed one of the greatest films I've ever seen… @Interstellar — absolutely profound, beautiful, and touching

Oh shit. Foxcatcher and this on the same month. Someone hold me, please just hold me I can't stand all the hype for both
I will admit that I'm way more excited for Foxcatcher tho

oh..

oohhh...

oooooh......

MWyhN6x.png

associate editor of the film stage

Just look at how locked that Oscar for Best Cinematography is. Look at it.

Finally!

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

INTERSTELLAR = Men, Women &
Michael Caine
? McConaughey a plus. Logic fuzzy. Nolan bombastic. Melancholy but miserable. Chastain is
Bowie
?

but wait..

David Ketchum
@KetchumAtMovies

Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the worst movies I've seen this year, and I've had to suffer through Blended twice. Big misstep for Marvel

He's right about GotG tho.

Guys, what does Wally Pfister think about Interstellar?

2ba.gif

Romina
@redRomina

So... @Interstellar. Worth seeing in IMAX. That's all I'm gonna say. #mumstheword

GRAVE Drake @graedrake

The breathtaking @Interstellar makes me feel like I'm seeing the world after a rainstorm has rinsed it clean.

Prod. Jonathan G.
@TheDarkPilgrim

Interstellar... Speechless.
1:15am · 24 Oct 2014 · Twitter for iPhone

DMczaf

@Amirosie:
I've never experienced anything remotely similar to #Interstellar. Truly a breathtaking, intense, deep & emotional journey. Still processing

@Amirosie: Sorry for the mess. My brain just exploded from watching #Interstellar. Just wow. We're not worthy, #ChristopherNolan

@ardenbelle:
Prepare to feel all the feelings when you go see @Interstellar - @McConaughey @jes_chastain and Anne Hathaway did amazing work on this film!

@Shahaub 1m1 minute ago Los Angeles, CA
Just got to see a SAG screening of #Interstellar followed by q&a with the cast... MIND=BLOWN!! Chris Nolan, you sir are a beast :D Must see!

Vire

I wonder what the reactions would have been like if Twitter existed when the first Matrix came out.

interesting conversation with the CNN guy

@gpauldejesuss 15m15 minutes ago
@CNNLADavid best nolan film ever?

@CNNLADavid 12m12 minutes ago
@gpauldejesuss We were debating that as we walked out. Not sure. Going to have to let this one sink in some. It's definitely his "2001."

@ayan2289 10m10 minutes ago
@CNNLADavid any of the cast in contention for the Oscars? How are the film's chances for Best Picture? Director? Screenplay?

@CNNLADavid 7m7 minutes ago
@ayan2289 Noms for Pic, Director, Cinematography, some tech categories. Not the Academy's cup of tea, I fear. Hope I'm wrong.

Remember when Dark Knight Rises got a 20 minute standing ovation at its first screening?

Just saying guys... try not to get too hyped from early reviews.

farmerboy

Don't know what it is, but there is just something about this. And these reactions are making it supremely difficult to contain the hype.

I live 30min from an IMAX cinema that will be screening this. I think I better make some plans.

Welp

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention...ns-the-intimacy-and-the-scope-of-interstellar

The reaction was uproarious when the final credits rolled, a typically generous SAG audience offering pops of applause to the three cast members — Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain — that they knew were in attendance for a post-screening Q&A (Nolan did not stick around to discuss). And given an audience of actors, naturally the discussion revolved around performance.

In figuring out how to deliver the performance — which may well rival his Oscar-winning turn in "Dallas Buyers Club" if not surpass it — McConaughey said at the Q&A that he latched onto character flaws. "What helped me was to shine a light on the foils of who [the character of] Cooper was," he said. "I invested in what's wrong with him, his spite, his feeling of being screwed around and not able to live his dream. Those are things that I was able to grab onto and helped me go through each day and feel like, 'OK, I feel my bloodline in it. I'm having a personal experience.'"

The film will screen throughout the weekend with Paramount hoping for a big splash ahead of a release date that's just two weeks away. It will no doubt be a box office hit positioned as one of the season's boldest Oscar contenders — and at nearly three hours, certainly the longest. Will size matter? Or will the intimacy that attracted McConaughey be the spark for the Academy's fuse?

Kris Tapley from Hitflix

Daft_Cat

and RT users? Metascore? Meta users?

Yupp. I feel very strongly that if you wiped the slate clean and got everyone to revote, the score would be lower.

In my experience (which is obviously anecdotal), the general vibe seems to be that TDKR isn't nearly as well liked as the first two. You know there's some truth to that (or at least an increased amount of divisiveness), otherwise this conversation wouldn't have even come up.

Yupp. I feel very strongly that if you wiped the slate clean and got everyone to revote, the score would be lower.

In my experience (which is obviously anecdotal), the general vibe seems to be that TDKR isn't nearly as well liked as the first two. You know there's some truth to that (or at least an increased amount of divisiveness), otherwise this conversation wouldn't have even come up.

well statistically everywhere its more liked than you perceive. wiping slate clean and score excuse is pure BS

Daft_Cat

well statistically everywhere its more liked than you perceive. wiping slate clean and score excuse is pure BS

Why is it pure BS? Cause it could be true?

I mean, critically... Batman Begins is a pretty unspectacular movie. On IMDB its rated worse than both of its sequels, as well. I imagine you could probably make the argument that TDK is better than Batman Begins... but arguing that TDKR is better than Begins? That's a real stretch.

Reputations shift. Hype fades. Scores tallied up immediately following the release (for the most part) of a mega-hyped movie aren't really the most reliable pillars of support. Especially not years down the road when a movie is clearly considered divisive in comparison to its almost universally well regarded predecessors.

Dahbomb

These reactions are absurd. I am trying really hard to take them with a grain of salt and keep my hype levels in check.

A few months ago I did not have a single IMAX theatre around where I lived. Now I live right next to one, and on it's premises is the venue of one of my exams, on the same day it comes out. Written in the stars, innit. Can't wait.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Keep your hype in check guys, i remember similiar impressions from TDKR and it was a huge letdown.

xam3l

Keep your hype in check guys, i remember similiar impressions from TDKR and it was a huge letdown.

Even with all its flaws its a good movie IMO.

But I agree...
I wonder if all the hype is because most of the people saw the movie for free and/or before anyone else (not counting the praise from other directors).

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Little of a week to go. From this weekend, I am not visiting this thread and going to avoid anything Interstellar related news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom