• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itsuno teases Dragon's Dogma sequel on PS4 [also talks DMC5 and Rival Schools 3]

ezekial45

Banned
I'd like to see them make all three, but I don't know what's really gonna happen. Didn't RS/PJ have some lisencing issues or something? I read that prevented them from making a proper follow up.

Also, i'd rather see them make Dragon's Dogma 2 over DMC5, but I'd be fine for both. Though actually, DMC5 seems like it would be less intensive for them to make, so that'd probably be the smarter game to make.

Little sad that Dragon's Dogma 2 hasn't been started yet, hopefully he can realize his dream, make it even better. Wouldn't mind a nice co-op mode too done right!

Astarte

I wonder how they can make the already gameplay perfect Dante even better if dmc5 is timelined after 4. Maybe they'll explain why Dante loses all feeling in 2

OnFire331

Dragon's Dogma 2
Rival Schools 3
Devil May Cry 5

...for PS4?

48863-spongebob-square-pants-sponge-bob-money.jpg

sleepykyo

Also, i'd rather see them make Dragon's Dogma 2 over DMC5, but I'd be fine for both. Though actually, DMC5 seems like it would be less intensive for them to make, so that'd probably be the smarter game to make.

Can DMC5 even sell? It has been years since DMC4 and the DmC base probably isn't interested in a DMC without NT's artistic sentiments.

I wonder how they can make the already gameplay perfect Dante even better if dmc5 is timelined after 4. Maybe they'll explain why Dante loses all feeling in 2

DMC4 Dante is excellent but nothing is ever 'perfect.' There are plenty of improvements that could and should be made, like de-Styling certain moves (e.g. Shotgun Stinger shouldn't require more than lock + forward + gun button). Not to mention new and different weapons, improving the progression systems of the game, et cetera.

And the DMC series' chapter-based score attack formula is seriously, seriously tired and in need of a rework. It's absolutely the part of the series that has aged the worst, and it was really bizarre to me that Ninja Theory retained the single worst thing about the DMC series.

Squishy3

Simple, they leave Dante as is since gameplay design-wise he's pretty much complete and just give him new weapons and refine his combat, while fleshing out Nero's gameplay. Imagine Nero with styles unique to him.

GorillaJu

I'm not sure I'm ready to throw my life away for another month like I did with the first DD and Dark Arisen.

Ah fuck it. Just give it to me. I'm already screwed anyway.

Dinda

Oh god i so want Dragon's Dogma 2. Please hurry Capcom!

And in the meantime i would like a PC port of the first one please.

MarionCB

I was hoping they were already making Dragons Dogma 2, and I was kinda under that impression somehow, gah. Definitely a game I'm hyped for; I really enjoyed the first one.

The source site's translation of the original Japanese interview on PS blog is pretty terrible. I'll take a stab at a better one that might clarify what he's saying.

"[Regarding a direct DD sequel] I already have the story and setting worked out in my head, but I haven't been given a chance to work on it yet! If a lot of fans express their desire to see this come out on PS4, that might make it more likely to happen.

I also want to make a simulation game, and I'd like to make more franchise titles, like a third Rival Schools or a fifth DMC. Something else I'd like to do is make a game based on real martial arts, and establish a new fighting genre like SFII did in its time. I have so many ideas and concepts in my head, all I need is a chance to act on them!"

Note that he doesn't say he wants to make a gardening game; the term 'garden in a box' is the Japanese idiom used to refer to games like SimCity where the player creates and cultivates a small world or something like a world.

Thanks a lot for the much superior translation! Fans of garden simulators will be disappointed, I guess.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, they already have a suitable engine in place. And a dragon.

Just upgrade Deep Down from an F2P to Dragon Dogma 2: Deep Down, problem solved

Yeah, cause thats how game development works.

First thing, you have no idea if the Deep Down engine is suitable, theres a reason all we have seen are dungeons and not, you know, an explorable overworld.

Gertso

Neo Member
Do it Capcom! Give us DMC5! *starts chanting DMC, ECW style*

Also, would it be safe to assume that they're ignoring that DMC2 ever existed, since we never got a follow up to that game's story?

No one really could make sense of it anyway. I mean DMC doesn't really make that much sense on the whole but for 2 it's especially true.

Yeah, cause thats how game development works.

First thing, you have no idea if the Deep Down engine is suitable, theres a reason all we have seen are dungeons and not, you know, an explorable overworld.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Dragon's Dogma 2 would be a day one purchase for me. Let's hope everything falls into place so this can happen.

Neoxon

As much as I'd love for these games to happen, given Capcom's financial situation, they need guaranteed money and fast.

Granted, I'm sure Dead Rising 3 will do decently, but they need more games that will certainly profit.

Honestly, id be happy with a DMC: Bloody palace edition. Dante Vergil and Nero, 1000 levels procedurely generated, all the weapons and enemies from DMC 1-4, with The basic combat from DMC3 + 4

1080/60 on MT framework.

I think at this point, id like that more than a Capcom DMC5.

rvy

Banned
Honestly, id be happy with a DMC: Bloody palace edition. Dante Vergil and Nero, 1000 levels procedurely generated, all the weapons and enemies from DMC 1-4, with The basic combat from DMC3 + 4

1080/60 on MT framework.

I think at this point, id like that more than a Capcom DMC5.

True enough.

Terra_Ex

Hell yes to Dragons Dogma 2, haven't seen Rival Schools since the ps1 days iirc so not too fussed on that one. A proper DMC5 would be most appreciated too.

TreIII

All of those options sound sooooo good.

A new Rival Schools, Hyo or no Hyo, would make me squeal with delight, though. Even more than DMC5.

Itsuno and Neo_G could likely make something magical with a fully-featured fighting game that had a great fighting engine, a nice assortment of mini-games and a high school simulation (re: Waifu/Hasbando) mode.

vazel

Banned
The fact that he also mentioned wanting to do Rival Schools 3 and a new genre of fighting games makes it all seem like a pipe dream to me.

What I thought Deep Down was gonna be until it played its FTP MMO card.

Really hope this pans out. Dogma was one of my favorite new IPs from this gen.

Itsuno, Itsuno, Itsuno. Don't just go waving around something like Rival Schools 3 so nonchalantly. I can't have my heart broken again.

RS3 on the Mahvel engine with substantial improvements would be pure bliss

But this is Crapcom we're talking about; it'll never happen

Videoneon

Goddamn it took longer than I thought for him to talk about DMC5. Well, good news is perhaps the most important person is on board, so that's nice.

Surprised at the Rival Schools 3 mention.

Top Bottom