• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb on Bloodborne Remake/Remastered: 'Not happening at the moment'

Killjoy-NL

Yeah, I'm sure Sony doesn't care a whit about PC-only gamers, that's why they've been putting out port after port the last few years ...
That's not what I said at all.

Their main objective is getting people onto Playstation consoles.
The hardcore PC-only gamers won't make that jump ever, so they're not the target audience.

I'm saying that the trade-off might be worth it for Sony, because they just need to sell their consoles, whether those are going to be a primary or secondary system.

Edit:

Besides, Bloodborne fans were on Playstation before already.

Last edited:

mdkirby

At this rate they are better off just waiting for ps6, which given the rapid development of ai technology, could well have effectively automatic “remastering”, that will potentially do a hell of a lot more than just improve frame rate and slightly higher res textures.
I’m thinking real-time gaming equivalent of this:

GrayChild

Between refusing to acknowledge the IP for so long, lack of a proper PS5 patch and at this point being pretty much the only first-party Sony game released after 2015 that wasn't ported to PC or remastered (FFS, even Until Dawn for a full blown remake with day 1 PC release), it's almost like Sony holds genuine grudge towards it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not happening at the moment

at the moment​

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

SABRE220

Give Bluepoint the remake on their updated engine with a emphasis on retaining art style and voila problem solved. Give From as much funding as they need to make bloodborne 2 happen. Bluepoint is brilliant at remakes while noone can better from at actually making these games.

nial

Gold Member
Between refusing to acknowledge the IP for so long
They acknowledge it all the time, not having a new game is a different story.
lack of a proper PS5 patch
Good thing it's not the only case.
and at this point being pretty much the only first-party Sony game released after 2015 that wasn't ported to PC or remastered (FFS, even Until Dawn for a full blown remake with day 1 PC release)
Are you joking?
it's almost like Sony holds genuine grudge towards it.
It's not, much less so with those weird and flawed reasons.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Apparently Bloodborne's game engine is tied to the game being 30fps. Probably a mess of a code to try and remaster
Its probably the same engine they used on DeSo, if Bluepoint remade that PS3 clusterfuck of an engine for PS5, BB would be a walk in the park.

From is not going to remaster it, BP is.

SJRB

Gold Member
At this point I'd rather have Sony come out and say "Yo when we closed Japan Studios we lost the source code for Bloodborne so a PS5 version or a remaster is never ever going to happen".

I need closure.

9cdoqq520w1b1.png

I got a feeling we are getting a remake from Bluepoint, which is going to be gorgeous and buttery smooth to play. Sony seems to be showing Bloodborne a lot when it comes to their Astrobot games. The first special bot released for Playroom was Bloodborne inspired. One of the costumes for the Deluxe Edition of Astrobot 2024 is from Bloodborne. And they most likely will have a section of the new game based off of Bloodborne.

PanzerCute

If BB was to be remastered or remade it would not involve From Software so I dont know what the news is here. And that guy does not seem very reliable imo.

midnightAI

I'm gonna laugh if it's really going to be a PS6 exclusive a la Demon's Souls Remake. Lol
I think this is highly likely to happen, maybe even PS5/Pro (I have this feeling that they will announce a new game that is going to be launched with Pro, look at Aston and Lego Horizon, both less than 6 months between announcement and release)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
In the meantime Future Press is reprinting the Bloodborne strategy guide and they are including the Old Hunters section. They’re also making some revisions and they have an exclusive interview included. It’s not a remake, but it’ll definitely be worth it if you’re into that sorta thing.

truth411

Give Bluepoint the remake on their updated engine with a emphasis on retaining art style and voila problem solved. Give From as much funding as they need to make bloodborne 2 happen. Bluepoint is brilliant at remakes while noone can better from at actually making these games.
Bluepoint wants to make their own game and not just be a remake studio. That was part of the deal to be acquired by Sony.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yoshida was downright hurtful in his judgment. The game was always special, he just didn't see it. Hence the remake.
At the time, yes. He thought a game like that would be rejected due to the difficulty factor to the mainstream.

He has atoned and admitted his mistake. Also hence Bloodborne being greenlit as well.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
At the time, yes. He thought a game like that would be rejected due to the difficulty factor to the mainstream.

He has atoned and admitted his mistake. Also hence Bloodborne being greenlit as well.
And now, valuing both games to high, we havent seen PC outage nor a simple patch. Sure, it's just a game, but why isn't everyone able to have access to it in general or even to a better version of it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And now, valuing both games to high, we havent seen PC outage nor a simple patch. Sure, it's just a game, but why isn't everyone able to have access to it in general or even to a better version of it.
Because they're more than likely doing a remake. Assuming you're talking about Bloodborne.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Because they're more than likely doing a remake. Assuming you're talking about Bloodborne.
Yes exactly, and making DS available on PC would further accelerate and emphasis this process. Yet both things seem to take forever.

SABRE220

Bluepoint wants to make their own game and not just be a remake studio. That was part of the deal to be acquired by Sony.
Well, I'm sure they also didn't have a clause that prevents them from doing any remakes indefinitely. Doing remakes with an established engine is a much smaller project than creating a full time game. I am sure Sony would allow them the option of creating their own game while funding the remake project aswell.

SSfox

It's never happening unless Sony is ultra dumb to no limit

If I have to guess I think Sony are holding a Bloodborne remake for PS6 launch. Unless they don't have interest in selling consoles anymore like another dumb retard company

Top Bottom