• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month

PizzaKing

Neo Member
Nice! Been enjoying Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on my Switch, but I’ve been looking for something else to play afterwards.

Last year it was May 23rd. I doubt it will be in that same timeframe because Hellblade 2 releases that week. Unless Sony wants to be super petty to Microsoft. Either next week or the last couple days of May make sense

Last edited:
It's do or die for Sony!

With Phil Spencers Xbox breathing down there neck they can't afford to have a bad showcase!

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

I have learned to expect nothing from these, as more times than not, I only get 1 or 2 in 10 of everything I expect.

Having said that...

I have a list of 20 things I am expecting I can share....

Perrott

Gold Member
Showcase, huh? Over the last few weeks my expectations cooled down and was actually expecting a State of Play, but I'd love if it was an actual Showcase - and love it even more if the Pro were to be there.

We musn’t forget that we may get relase dates for metal gear solid delta and silent hill 2 remake

Last edited:
I'd really, REALLY like to see something, ANYTHING related to Capcom's Pragmata...

This is the latest trailer from 10 months ago :

That friggin' music still haunts me lads...
EEUyEYT.png

While i do get it since a delayed game is eventually good and a rushed game is bad forever but...don't know, something tells me that this is the new Deep Down, stuck in development hell never to be released.

Mahavastu

Maybe a PS5 Pro based showcase more than hearing what Cory is working on I'm guessing.
I won't bet on it, it is still somewhat early...

Sony has to finally show some 1st party games from their own studios... Is there anything announced yet beside Wolverine, which is still far away?

Three

I won't bet on it, it is still somewhat early...

Sony has to finally show some 1st party games from their own studios... Is there anything announced yet beside Wolverine, which is still far away?
There's a rumoured astrobot but nothing really announced. I suspect a lot of it will be third party heavy. Things like Silent Hill and Metal Gear Delta.

King Dazzar

I saw GoT 2 rumoured to be there. Possibly a HZD Remaster. I think we'll maybe see something non Returnal from Housemarque. But I would really like to know what's going on at ND.

Metnut

Gonna be hard for them to top Rebirth, Stellar Blade and Ronin in the second half of 2024. Already too many games to play.

Perrott

Gold Member
There's Concord, Fairgame$ and Marathon, in addition to Wolverine, currently announced by Sony's internal studios.

Most of their major singleplayer studios should have something to show by now if they want to, with a lot of it being new IPs.

Mahavastu

There's Concord, Fairgame$ and Marathon, in addition to Wolverine, currently announced by Sony's internal studios.
Tbh, none of these games have me hyped at all...
On the other hand, I did not expected Helldiver2 to be as cool as it is, so one never knows

mortal

Gold Member
Would love to see what Bluepoint have been cooking. Haven't seen anything from them since the launch of PS5.

Woopah

Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Sucker Punch
Guerilla

Time to show the fuck up. Heavy hitter 1st party games or get the hell out of here.

We should have huge expectations after the horrendous show they gave us last year, and the lack luster year they've had this year.

Anything less than that and I wanna see the media give them F- and D- grades all around. Stop being soft with these C's and B-'s

Another show full of AA trash, indie trash, and GAAS trash will not cut it this time around. Show your big guns., stop being so secretive.

Spider-Man cant save you this time
It's two early for Santa Monica or Guerilla I would say. Sucker Punch is likely and ND is possible.
Nice! Been enjoying Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on my Switch, but I’ve been looking for something else to play afterwards.
Are you from the future?

Playstation 6 for sure. Put that on your bingo cards. (joking)

I hope there are some games, just that. Playstation be sleeping on the wheel. Oh, and announced more things to PC.

iHaunter

Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Sucker Punch
Guerilla

Time to show the fuck up. Heavy hitter 1st party games or get the hell out of here.

We should have huge expectations after the horrendous show they gave us last year, and the lack luster year they've had this year.

Anything less than that and I wanna see the media give them F- and D- grades all around. Stop being soft with these C's and B-'s

Another show full of AA trash, indie trash, and GAAS trash will not cut it this time around. Show your big guns., stop being so secretive.

Spider-Man cant save you this time
There were rumors of a new Twisted Metal game a while back as well.

Topher

Gold Member
Wolverine gameplay
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Naughty Dog something or another
Astro game
Bunch of third party games

That's what I'm wanting to see. Sold my PS5 last month to get ready for PS5 Pro, but buying the Pro ain't a sure thing unless Sony gives me a good reason.

Last edited:

DanielG165

I dunno what to expect honestly. Outside of a sequel to GoT, a PS4 game, and maybe some more GTA 6 content, maybe something from Naught Dog? Maybe Cory Barlog’s new IP will finally see the light of day? Who knows until the show comes.

Game showcases to me have started to run together a little bit, mostly in terms of showing something that looks super cool and pretty, but isn’t releasing for another year or more. I can’t really drum up excitement for that anymore.

Top Bottom