• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juan Antonio Bayona is officially attached to direct the sequel to Jurassic World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofield

Very exciting. The disaster scenes in The Impossible were incredibly intense and had a lot of practical effects too. I wonder if the JW sequel will have more practical elements than the first

SentimentalHopefulCoypu.gif

I'd hope that he'd push for them. I didn't have a problem with the practical nor CG effects in JW, but if he is someone who is experienced in making them work, then by all means I look forward to seeing him push to get more practical stuff happening.

In the meantime I guess I'm gonna watch The Orphanage and The Impossible to get an idea of how great a director he is.

The effects are largely up to the producers. Trevorrow wanted more practical in Jurassic World, but was only afforded the dying apatosaurus.

The effects are largely up to the producers. Trevorrow wanted more practical in Jurassic World, but was only afforded the dying apatosaurus.

Exactly.

Though Bayona has proven that he really knows how to work with VFX, practical and CG, and make them look great. I expect very good things.

Well let's just hope ol' Frank foots the bill for animatronics.

I actually think it was Thomas Tull who pushed for heavier CG usage, citing Godzilla 2014 as an example of how it works. I totally think heavier CG usage makes sense, but I just don't like how it was incorporated into JW at certain scenes. While rarely bad, it wasn't all that great - which feels awful when you're used to Jurassic films breaking new ground.

Either way, I want more animatronics to return in the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom