• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

miserable

xaL4QGO.gif

I'm gonna try....

Was thinking originally I'd just try to grab days 2 and 3 but I worry I'll regret not catching a few of those matches (especially SPPT vs. Bucks). Though with hotel and ticket it ends up being another 200 bucks lol (and becomes a slightly longer checkout process)

I go to AAW shows pretty regularly here so I've seen majority of the lineup, and they're obviously trying hard to be like PWG, but the big draw is seeing The Elite and Scurll and just the hype everyone has about the promotion (especially BOLA)

yeah imma try to get all 3 nights, front row

if I can get it, next question is where I wanna airbnb at, last time I did it in reseda but I might do somewhere fun and then just drive to the venue

yeah imma try to get all 3 nights, front row

if I can get it, next question is where I wanna airbnb at, last time I did it in reseda but I might do somewhere fun and then just drive to the venue
That's the thing that sucks, there's a hotel right there that seems decent enough but it doesn't look like there's anything in the area

I've only been to California once before, last december for PSX and of course that's right across the street from Disneyland lol. Slightly more populated area

Slizz

The funny thing about that collectible package is the best thing is a DLC character The Whole Fucking Show.

GWVxUtm.gif

All of those will sell, all WWE has to do is put a figure in it to guarantee it being bought.

Austin Credible almost works out.

"Hey Seth, you're going to be the featured supers-JUST KIDDING MAKE IT ALL ABOUT CENA".

Yeah but let's be real, what the shit would a Rollins edition contain?
Beginners Crossfit manual? exclusive new Seth dick pics? Nasally voice modulator so you can cut your favourite Seth promos? a free injury upon opening the box?

Raw64life

Look at how Kurt aims for Austin's nose so he doesn't concuss the both of them on a shoot headbutt. Get your shit together Ishii/Goto any other fucker who still thinks it's a good idea to hit forehead on forehead.

Austin Credible. To be fair it's only 1 letter difference.

But Goto rarely does straight forehead to forehead headbutts. He usually hits their shoulder or cheek, unless he was facing Shibata himself.

Spill the beans Sweeney.

Here

On the night of Monday, July 17, people from both WWE and Global Force Wrestling ended up in the same bar in Nashville, Tennessee. People from GFW had meetings in Nashville earlier in the day, while WWE was in the city that night for Raw at the Bridgestone Arena.

Karen Jarrett, who works for GFW as an on-air personality running Impact Wrestling, approached Braun Strowman for an autograph since he is one of her son’s favorite wrestlers. Strowman, however, was rude to her.

“I’m not sure what got into Strowman but he was rude and may have sworn at her,” Meltzer wrote.

“The version I heard had it but that’s from someone far enough away that they didn’t hear the verbiage of what started it but was told he did, but everyone there saw what happened next.”

Their encounter quickly turned into a scene as Karen went on a loud rant.

While Karen was going off on Strowman, she said that she was going to tell her son’s father about this incident, and her son’s father is Kurt Angle.

Strowman did an about face and said he’d give her an autograph. He then begged her not to tell Angle or anyone and said he was sorry.

Karen then said she was telling Kurt.

He said he’d get on his knees and beg her not to tell Kurt.

She said she was still telling him.

Strowman got on his knees in front of a bunch of WWE wrestlers and begged her not to.

On Karen’s response to Strowman’s begging, Meltzer wrote, “She basically said something like now you’re acting like that because you found out that Kurt Angle is the father of her son, but even if he wasn’t, he should have never acted like that to a mother who asked for an autograph for her son, even if it was just another wrestling fan.”

Strowman did say that’s true and he was sorry.

“Of course, this story will be denied all week by everyone involved,” Meltzer added

Lol Karen shot on Stroman

If they're doing another shakeup I hope they do what's best for business and throw Finn on SD

Finn, AJ, Ziggler, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, on the same show :thumbs up emoji:

The Monster Among Men quaking in his boots at the idea of getting shot on by Kurt.

That old HHH writer's room story still rings true more than a decade later.

Hilarious story.

Does any of the joshi fans have more details about this incident? I posted about it a few days ago but it seems like it is being kept quiet.

On 7/22, at a private function, there was an incident where Tsukushi, 19, a woman wrestler, was arrested for attempting to stab Kagetsu (Yukar Ishino, 25), who works for Stardom as well as a number of other independent groups. Kagetsu was able to stop the attack but police were called to the scene and Tsukushi was arrested. Tsukushi’s home promotion is Ice Ribbon and she’s noted because she started as a pro wrestler in 2010 at the age of 12 working for Ice Ribbon and also has worked for Neo Ladies. She’s one of the better workers and most popular of the young Japanese women wrestlers and worked some for All Japan as well as a number of the women groups. We’re not sure what caused the incident which we first reported on Observer radio. The two have worked on the same shows. Tsukushi missed her show the next day and it was said at the show that she was suffering from poor health as a cover reason. The story has since gotten some media coverage in Japan, however the names of the wrestlers were not mentioned. The media coverage has only stated that a 19-year-old wrestler from the Ice Ribbon promotion is being held in prison. Ice Ribbon stated they don’t know the full story yet. The victim was listed as a 25-year-old wrestler who was at one point a mentor. Ice Ribbon President Hajime Sato, and the company’s top star, Tsukasa Fujimoto, apologized to the press in a statement made at the company’s gym. Kagetsu wasn’t injured as she stopped the attack and worked the 7/23 show in Osaka for Stardom. This is very serious and could be a career-ender. Japan is very strict when it comes to public morals, especially when it comes to stars who are teenagers. Teen Pop idols often lose their spot in popular acts if it comes out publicly that they were smoking or having issues with drinking. This was considered way worse than the Yoshiko vs. Act Yasukawa incident, where Yoshiko suddenly started punching Yasukawa (who had a bad eye) for real and essentially this led to ending Yasukawa’s career and Yoshiko was fired by Stardom and out of wrestling for some time, although other groups did eventually bring her back. The idea is it’s one thing to start a fight using fists in the ring, but very much another to go after someone in a public function using a knife

Here

Lol Karen shot on Stroman

"While Karen was going off on Strowman, she said that she was going to tell her son's father about this incident, and her son's father is Kurt Angle."

And Braun believed that shit? Don't you watch your own show? Jason Jordan should ask for his own autographs.

That shirt should be an easy win and they still fucked it up

I still just want one that says BRRAAAAAUNNN with a monster truck on the front

Yeah super bizarre. No real details out there other than Kagetsu wrestling with a bandaged hand.

It sounds really strange. I cant imagine what led to that to be honest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stardomjos...agetsu_involved_in_an_incident_with_tsukushi/

Looks like its true (not pretending i'm a big fan of joshi or anything).

Thanks. Hm. Someone in there is claiming Kagetsu and Kimura went to the IR show to bully them? That seems like an outrageous claim.

I wonder what happened.

Top Bottom