• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Kazzy

Hey, don't know if you saw it, but I made a post with my favourite releases from the first half of the year.

And yes, Free Somebody is fantastic (the whole mini is).

And I have already accepted that korean tastes almost always suck, with boring unexciting music staying on the top of the charts for months.

Yours was the primer I used as a starting-off point, so thanks for that!

I actually made a mini-review for each track as I went through them, I just need to find where I put the damn thing, haha! Just wanted to make that, before I highlighted your post directly.

llehuty

Yours was the primer I used as a starting-off point, so thanks for that!

I actually made a mini-review for each track as I went through them, I just need to find where I put the damn thing, haha! Just wanted to make that, before I highlighted your post directly.
Ohh, cool, looking forward to it.

Normally we get more rankings (maybe not so much at the half of the year?), but this year has been a bit quiet in that regard.

Kazzy

Ohh, cool, looking forward to it.

Normally we get more rankings (maybe not so much at the half of the year?), but this year has been a bit quiet in that regard.

I normally would be inclined to do the same, but well, I'm a bit behind in that regard!

--------------

Now that I've finally used this evening to work through Taeyeon's material, this is comfortably the strongest track for me. A lot of personality in this song, which I don't really get from the likes of 'I', which, even though I like, is fairly generic.

neoism

Xm3Zvsz.jpg

HUPUQot.jpg

ciMyuEA.jpg

6z9mYlh.jpg

o91729L.jpg

JUFgKRA.jpg

😍😍😍😘😘😘

llehuty

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yerin comes off kinda crazy, like you become friends and then you're like what have I done lol. I think she just hasn't figured out how to "act girl group-approved" all the time.

roaSone

I really like one thing from GFriend though, and I believe I already said it once. They found their musical identity so fast and, so far, it works. Navillera, Mermaid, Sunshine, Compas and Gone with the wind (<3) are worth several listens.

Kuno

#1 Visual and Talent group, STELLAR comeback on July 18

Was just reading that their comeback single will be produced by Brave Brothers. They've mainly been using Monotree until now (which was formed by three former Sweetune producers). I wonder if this'll change their fate at all.

Was just reading that their comeback single will be produced by Brave Brothers. They've mainly been using Monotree until now (which was formed by three former Sweetune producers). I wonder if this'll change their fate at all.

Oh god. Brave has been on a roll recently for the most part, but Stellar's music has been too good with their own sound. I hope they can get a good song that doesn't seem like an AOA reject.

Dice

K pop is more inclusive as it covers dramas n movies in one k pop culture blend
Yes I'd argue that "Kpop" already refers to Korean pop culture in general rather than just a particular type of music.

Pendulum

Another dance special stage for this week's Inkigayo - VIXX's N, Lovelyz' Yein, Stephanie, Stellar's Gayoung, WJSN's Cheng Xiao, and Snuper's Woosung.

Peru

Weird that she would get political like that. Kpop stars wouldn't even bring up Dokdo. What are her and Amber's views on Taiwan independence?

Pendulum

Weird that she would get political like that. Kpop stars wouldn't even bring up Dokdo. What are her and Amber's views on Taiwan independence?

I think her support of the nine/ten-dash line clears any confusion about her thoughts on Taiwan independence. I really do wonder what Amber feels about this, and from that, what her relationship with Victoria is like at the moment. Amber hasn't waded into the topic of Taiwan independence as far as I know. She is American so she might not have massively strong convictions, but it is hard to deny your heritage or outright dismiss a bond to a country via your parents.

Edit: Kris, Luhan, and Tao have supposedly publicly supported the claim as well. Them I can understand - even though they are still contractually part of EXO, they are focused on their Chinese careers. Assuming f(x) contracts - including Victoria - get renewed this year, I wonder how appearances/concerts in South East Asia will go down.
Is this perhaps an indication of Victoria's intentions going into the contract renewal period? Shore up support in China, quit the group...

Pendulum

Jia (now based in China) and Zhoumi (pretty much doing only Chinese-related activities in South Korea) have also publicly supported the claim today on their Weibos. I've read that Fei and Cao Lu have also posted the image somewhere, but I am not seeing it. Those last two would be the most surprising (along with Victoria) as they - well, at least their groups - are not focused on Chinese activities.

Edit: Found Fei's support of it

Dice

Doesn't really surprise me. Things in the region are getting really heated between the sea claims, stuff with Taiwan, trade deals, the US with its interests, etc. Many are worried about a war sparking. Maybe that is justified and maybe it's not, but when something like that sparks distrust is everywhere. "Oh you had a career with that other country, you might not have the most faithful intentions or beliefs" or something of the sort. If your whole life--your real life, not your 10 years of fame--is in China, you'll want to affirm what side you're on before anything breaks out. If you did it before anything bad happens, that's a lot stronger than after.

It can seem too paranoid to us outsiders, but when the fears and tensions are high throughout the entire region it doesn't surprise me if people want to mark their official stance even when they never really spoke out about politics before.

Peru

C-netz have supposedly been harassing celebrities that have yet to publicly support the claim.

Considering most foreign k-pop fans are from other Asian countries this is a risky bet for some stupid nationalist show of unity. These artists will surely lose most fans from certain countries.

llehuty

LiVii - Luna (Official Video)
Yessss. I'm assuming the MV delay was because the cheap CGI. The MV is still cute, tho.

We are the night - BRother
I really like this, it has a nice beat.

ROMEO_MIRO_Dance Practice
So good, but not really a surprise.

Elizabeth - Ppappa Pierrot
For some reason is my first time seeing this. It's just a 2NE1 rip off, but the chorus is solid.

Dal Shabet x bnt BTS (ft. Woohee's #belly)

[Special Clips] &#50668;&#51088;&#52828;&#44396; GFRIEND - 'LOL' M/V Shooting Behind
Tired as fuck before beginning any promo. And Eunha is best Gfriend, not even a contest.

Top Bottom