• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

TEJ

I love how people talk as if Batman's canon costumes weren't retarded to begin with.

He's a grown man pretending to be a bat, guys. Put down your nostalgia glasses from reading comic books as a kid for a moment, and think about it for a bit.

The main issue I have with this is, if you weren't told that this was supposed to be batman beforehand, would you even know that this is supposed to be batman?

I love how people talk as if Batman's canon costumes weren't retarded to begin with.

He's a grown man pretending to be a bat, guys. Put down your nostalgia glasses from reading comic books as a kid for a moment, and think about it for a bit.

True. Batman designs are boring anyway and this redesign would make him look cooler and more interesting.

duckroll

Looks like Nomura has a message next to the figure display teasing he's doing a Catwoman figure too: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/057/803/53d0b40d5714b.html

TiZgRTl.jpg

wmlk

The main issue I have with this is, if you weren't told that this was supposed to be batman beforehand, would you even know that this is supposed to be batman?

No, but people are acting as if Nomura wanted to make a faithful design. This is most likely his own interpretation of what Batman would be if he created everything himself.

TEJ

Looks like Nomura has a message next to the figure display teasing he's doing a Catwoman figure too:

oooooooooooooooooh boy

I can't wait to see his robin, and his version of the joker, and two face, thomas and martha, joe chill, oracle, nightwing, and granny goodness.

Sentenza

I don't even think much of batman as a design, generally speaking, and this still strikes me as absolutely dreadful.

Not his best work, I'll give him that. What it seems like is he (and the PA team) cobbled together Terra (Armored), Bahamut (plus the recent PAK figure), the recent Batman PAK and some bits from the Man of Steel figure and called it a day.

Certainly is not the Batman we deserve.

I will consider buying it because of Nomura, though. Cosider.

artsi

No, but people are acting as if Nomura wanted to make a faithful design. This is most likely his own interpretation of what Batman would be if he created everything himself.

Right, why give the pencil to someone like Nomura if you want the result to be like every other design already made.

UrbanRats

Still miles better than the shit Arjham Games design.

The arms on the wings are a bit much, but otherwise, it has that Zetman vibe going on, that i dig.

I would love Yasushi Nirasawa try his hand at Batman design.

-PXG-

I don't know if this is awesome or typical, over the top, over designed, Japanese BS. I like it, but I don't..Hmmmm

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Totally looks like Zetman :

Zetman_v01c01p000b.jpg

Invented by Katsura as a tribute to his favorite hero : batman. You guessed it.
Now this is something I dig.

Backstory: after facing the Lin Kuei warrior Sub-Zero and losing, the defeated Dark Knight was banished to Netherrealm. There, he made an alliance with the fallen Elder God, Shinnok, and vowed to seek revenge by merging their two realms.

UrbanRats

I don't see that as a problem, as i assume it would take place in a very different world than regular Batman's.
Like an hyper-violent techno gothic sci-fi one.

Kind of like Zetman, but darker.

I seriously don't get the hate.
It may be too busy, but i don't see that as an automatic flaw, if it fits the rest of the world's design.

How about Viking batman?

Yeah to me that is much much worse.

Acosta

I think it looks cool... especially the figure. Probably impractical and overdone for the comics, but as a playful thing, I find it quite nice.

I would love it to be a summoning !

Myggen

I have to imagine that his dumb spikes keep getting caught on shit while he's gliding or grappling around.

It's not the most practical outfit, that's for sure.

Also, this is exactly what I imagined a Tetsuya Nomura version of Batman would look like. Almost looks like a modern transformer.

TEJ

I don't see that as a problem, as i assume it would take place in a very different world than regular Batman's.
Like an hyper-violent techno gothic sci-fi one.

I can't say I disagree with your logic.

still, I don't hate the design, i'm just a little confused by it. I can only imagine what his catwoman will be like.

Famassu

Not sure if it works as a Batman design per se and the separate hands/claws are dumb, but otherwise I like it. Kind of like Batman x Bahamut x Zone of the Enders mechs x Terra's/Ven's/Aqua's armor.

Empty

i like it. batman and his costume are incredibly stupid already, at least this design embraces the ridiculousness and goes all out.

Top Bottom