• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Batman reimagined by Tetsuya Nomura.

maybe his Catwoman will be something like this:

300px-CryingWolfMGS4.jpg

HeelPower

People act like this is some violation.

It actually looks awesome.He's not wearing briefs or some thong on the outside.

Awesome design.

- J - D -

People act like this is some violation.

It actually looks awesome.He's not wearing briefs or some thong on the outside.

Awesome design.

Technically, he is. Play Arts are designed to have a rubber codpiece that is detached from the rest of the figure to improve hip articulation.

So Batman is certainly wearing a thong.

Forkball

I want to see a step by step guide about how Bruce gets into that thing. Also I would love to see other Japanese character designers take on Batman. Shinkawa Batman please!

sub_o

Sorry, Nomura, it's Batman, not Bahamutman.

It's pretty cool but that claw thing just feels weird, also it looks very similar to Kingdom Hearts armour:

Lingering_Will.png

BlueWord

Maybe thats how he sees batman. There is no straying too fair, he is guest artist dude had free range to go nuts, thats what you do. You put your own spin on it. Whether its good or not, thats for you to decide.

I just meant that it's not really recognizably Batman without the prompt. If I saw this without context, I'd probably think it was something related to Kamen Rider, or some kind of mech. At least, that was my first impression; I'm sure others would disagree.

- J - D -

I can actually see Nomura's design working for a villain in Arkham Knight. The AK character himself looks like the closest modern equivalent to Nomura Batman. Either that or Azrael, the 90's faux-Batman.

Azrael-Arkham-Knight-650x492.jpg

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I really love Nomura but that looks really dumb. I think the combination of those...arm things and that mask. I just can't.

This Batman terrorizes criminals by letting them hear his costume scrape along the alleyways and rooftops as he sneaks up on them.

Looks cool. Like an armor plated hybrid version of Nightmare Batman and Batman Beyond.

Guest renditions of known characters are always welcome. Hope we see this in Arkham Knight.

CraZed

Too damned much going on there. I like the angles of the suit itself but the wings, extra claw arms, that giant ass mask.... ugly as hell.

Doesn't hold a candle to even the original batman suit let alone anything after the Dark Knight redesign.

Shinta

Banned
as6lqs6m1w5hefqb8ew2.jpg

I have to wonder if some of you guys even like comics. If I saw any Batman comic with this shit on the cover, I'd be freaking out. Looks very cool.

The arms are cool, and are an interesting spin-off of real bat anatomy.

Top Bottom