• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

R-User!

Ok here's the pics, there's larger version on flickr if you need them

Batpod by Brent Waller, on Flickr

and before you ask that grey piece underneath everything is the torso from this guy

exf015.gif

That's AWESOME that it's that guy...!

We have that element in a bronze color!

Thanks for the pics, wetwired. My son and I will enjoy making a copy of your BatPod! :)

Edit: Are those Silver Droid arms and torso's near the rear of the bike? If so, then what set did those silver droid's come in? If you remember where you got them?

Actually, ghostmind, if you know the answer to where do the silver droid bodies come from that would be cool to know... :)

Thanks.

ruxtpin

Banned
Just pre-ordered the Marvel Lego game via the Wal-Mart website for the mini-fig. They must be selling a different game...

Marvel.jpg

rallaren

Get Kai's Fire Mech if you have not. Sweet lil $10 mech.

And glad you are enjoying the Galaxy Squad mech. If you think that set was fun to put together, almost every set bigger than that in the line is fantastic.
I have the Kai mech but I don't like how bad the sword fits in the hand.

I will probably pick up VV (70704) for a good price. Other than that I am looking forward to build GT and BO. It's a quality theme indeed.

I have the Kai mech but I don't like how bad the sword fits in the hand.

I will probably pick up VV (70704) for a good price. Other than that I am looking forward to build GT and BO. It's a quality theme indeed.
Galactic Titan, while a good set, was kind of a let down after Bug Obliterator and Hive Crawler.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Has anyone picked up any of the advent calendars this year?

I'm in the market for one (opened properly in december) but was wondering which had the best figs/pieces/uses after the holidays? Years ago I used to always pick up the Castle ones and then later the Pirate one, but it just seems to be City/Star Wars. Again :(

Galactic Titan, while a good set, was kind of a let down after Bug Obliterator and Hive Crawler.

From reviews I've seen, it looks rather silly when the tank is disconnected, with that open back. And I'm not a big fan of the dropship.

I have little to no interest in the bugs, but the obliterator is still kinda sorta on my radar. If nothing else, I still have none of the orange guys.

ghostmind

Update/more accurate pricing for 1H 2014 sets:

Star Wars
75028 Clone Turbo Tank – $7.99
75029 AAT – $7.99
75030 Millennium Falcon – $7.99
75031 TIE Interceptor – $7.99
75032 X-Wing Fighter – $7.99
75033 Imperial Star Destroyer – $7.99
75034 Death Star Troopers – $12.99
75035 Kashyyyk Troopers – $12.99
75036 Utapau Troopers – $12.99
75037 Battle on Saleucami – $19.99
75038 Jedi Interceptor – $24.99
75039 V-Wing Starfighter – $24.99
75040 General Grievous Wheel Bike – $24.99
75041 Vulture Droid – $24.99
75042 Droid Gunship – $49.99
75043 AT-AP – $59.99
75044 Droid Tri-Fighter – $TBA
75045 Republic AV-7 Anti-Vehicle Cannon – $49.99
75046 Coruscant Police Gunship – $TBA

CITY
60041 Crook Pursuit – $6.99
60042 High Speed Police Chase – $17.99
60043 Prisoner Transport – $19.99
60044 Mobile Police Unit – $29.99
60045 Police Patrol – $44.99
60046 Helicopter Surveillance – $69.99
60047 Police Station – $99.99
60048 Hideout – $29.99
60053 Race Car – $11.99
60054 Light Repair Truck – $11.99
60055 Monster Truck – $11.99
60056 Tow Truck – $19.99
60057 Camper Van with Canoe – $19.99
60058 SUV with Watercraft – $19.99
60059 Logging Truck – $19.99
60060 Auto Transporter – $29.99
60061 Airport Fire Truck – $29.99

Friends
41026 Sunshine Harvest – $19.99
41027 Mia's Lemonade Stand – $9.99
41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post – $9.99
41029 Stephanie's Newborn Lamb – $9.99
41035 Heatlake Juice Bar – $34.99
41037 Stephanie's Beach House – $44.99
41039 Sunshine Ranch – $69.99

Super Heroes
76010 The Penguin Face Off – $12.99
76011 Man-Bat Attack – $19.99
76012 The Riddler Chase – $29.99
76013 The Joker Steam-Roller – $59.99
76014 Spider-Man set 1 – $12.99
76015 Spider-Man set 2 – $19.99
76016 Spider-Man set 3 – $49.99
76017 Avengers set 1 – $19.99
76018 Avengers set 2 – $59.99

Ninjago
70720 Hover Hunter – $9.99
70721 Kai Fighter – $19.99
70722 OverBorg Attack – $19.99
70723 Thunder Raider – $29.99
70724 NinjaCopter – $49.99
70725 Nindroid MechDragon – $74.99

Creator
31013 Red Thunder – $6.99
31014 Power Digger – $6.99
31015 Emerald Express – $6.99
31017 Sunset Speeder – $14.99
31018 Highway Cruiser – $14.99
31019 Forest Animals – $19.99
31020 Twinblade Adventures – $17.99
31021 Furry Creatures – $19.99
31022 Turbo Quad – $24.99
31025 Mountain Hut – $49.99

Legends of Chima
70123 Lion Legend Beast – $11.99
70124 Eagle Legend Beast – $11.99
70125 Gorilla Legend Beast – $11.99
70126 Crocodile Legend Beast – $11.99
70127 Wolf Legend Beast – $11.99
70128 Braptor's Wing Striker – $14.99
70129 Lavertus' Twin Blade – $24.99
70130 Sparratus' Spider Striker – $29.99
70131 Rogon's Rock Flinger – $34.99
70132 Scorm's Scorpion Stinger – $39.99
70133 Spinlyn's Cavern – TBA
70134 Lavertus' Outland Base – TBA

TMNT
79115 TMNT set 1 – $39.99
79116 TMNT set 2 – $69.99
79117 TMNT set 3 – $84.99
79118 TMNT set 4 – $12.99
79119 TMNT set 5 – $19.99
79120 TMNT set 6 – $24.99
79121 TMNT set 7 – $54.99

wetwired

That's AWESOME that it's that guy...!

We have that element in a bronze color!

Thanks for the pics, wetwired. My son and I will enjoy making a copy of your BatPod! :)

Edit: Are those Silver Droid arms and torso's near the rear of the bike? If so, then what set did those silver droid's come in? If you remember where you got them?

Actually, ghostmind, if you know the answer to where do the silver droid bodies come from that would be cool to know... :)

Thanks.

I ordered them from bricklink at random thinking they'd be useful for a batpod, I just looked it up and it looks like they come from these minifigs...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw229
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw151

neonglow

Picked up the giraffe at TRU. The head had some clever building techniques but overall it's best as a parts pack. Comes with lots of 1x1 yellow & orange bricks and tons of yellow plates. It's $5 for 90 pieces.

Picked up the giraffe at TRU. The head had some clever building techniques but overall it's best as a parts pack. Comes with lots of 1x1 yellow & orange bricks and tons of yellow plates. It's $5 for 90 pieces.

Oh, it comes with that new circular piece (new to me) that was used in the Bag Ends set? May be worth it for those parts.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Oh, it comes with that new circular piece (new to me) that was used in the Bag Ends set? May be worth it for those parts.

This looks like a nice little part set as was stated above. It looks pretty cool as well. I like the assortment that it appears to provide.

Ponn

Banned
We might be getting M.O.D.O.K. in a Spring set... waiting for more concrete info on that, however.
unff..This wait on proper 2014 superhero reveals is just absolutely killing me.

I just ordered the Bugle myself, i assume you also got it for the figures only right? God i HATE that set but Jameson, Spidey, Nova, Beetle and Doom ? that's a must especially at a discount!

I mainly want the figs yes but i've gotten alot of requests at work for a Lego Spider-man display at my work and this fits the bill. Dr. Doom is a must for me but I also need Nova for the eventual *crosses fingers* Guardians of the Galaxy Lego movie set.

The Doop

Yeeeeeee hawwwwwww
A4mz032.jpg

Slightly altered with a couple long dark green that were extras from the big Sopwith. Amongst other things.

These sort of builds make me excited for the mini Star Wars sets. Need the B-Wing! 75010 is kinda wimpy.

ghostmind

The MechDragon looks like a buy. The Hover Hunter and NinjaCopter look terrible. I'm getting Chima vibes from the NinjaCopter.

Yeah the MechDragon is a must-buy for me, since my son has all the other Ninjago dragons.

70720 looks like hot garbage. I realize the image is from the back of the box, but I have no idea what it is supposed to be.

The inclusion of Zane's falcon in 70724 is a nice touch, but not enough to get me to buy it.

So far I'm only interested in the MechDragon, but we have one more set to go (70726 Destroyers - whatever that is).

Ponn

Banned
So is pretty much every one getting the Lego Marvel game at walmart for the Iron Patriot figure? The game does look cool but I can't help but feel its going to be like $20 bucks or less on Black Friday.

So is pretty much every one getting the Lego Marvel game at walmart for the Iron Patriot figure? The game does look cool but I can't help but feel its going to be like $20 bucks or less on Black Friday.

I wanna play it but I am going to wait for a drop. I'm a little burnt out on LEGO games anyway and Lego Lord of the Rings Video game was enough to tide me over for a while.

Wait until there is a big time discount or just BL it.

Rhaegar

So is pretty much every one getting the Lego Marvel game at walmart for the Iron Patriot figure?

I finally caved and preordered it from Walmart. Love the LEGO games and the Iron Patriot minifig.

Also my BTTF Delorean set arrived today from the online store. Package included the Lego Store employee minifig and 5 (!) copies of the Thanksgiving polybag, which it looks like they just used in place of package cushioning. No idea what I'll do with 5 turkey pieces, but the set is pretty cool.

Lego may be pricey, but they know how to take care of their customers!

Almost the rest of the Ninjago sets:

Sensei Garmadon?
Evil Wu???

Talk about spoilers on the boxes. Sounds like a nice twist that the kids can enjoy.

The MechDragon looks like a buy. The Hover Hunter and NinjaCopter look terrible. I'm getting Chima vibes from the NinjaCopter.

Yeah the MechDragon is a must-buy for me, since my son has all the other Ninjago dragons.

70720 looks like hot garbage. I realize the image is from the back of the box, but I have no idea what it is supposed to be.

The inclusion of Zane's falcon in 70724 is a nice touch, but not enough to get me to buy it.

So far I'm only interested in the MechDragon, but we have one more set to go (70726 Destroyers - whatever that is).

Hover Hunter looks like a good part pack. I want a bunch of those black clippy things on the front. If the kids go crazy over the return of Ninjago I'm set. Buy a ton of those sets and sell the minifigs. Well, if I ever sell my extras which I've been planning for ages. Have yet to sell a single LEGO piece or minifig.

I know the circular razor blade has been in a lot of sets, but I have yet to have one.

I'm guilty. I'm worried Walmart may mess things up and I won't get one...they don't want to see an AFOL that doesn't get his LEGO minifig. It will be worse than an AHOL.

Depends how much you want Iron Patriot minifig. It probably will sell for around $20. There's an eBay seller that sells one almost every day (definitely has factory insider connection).

I finally caved and preordered it from Walmart. Love the LEGO games and the Iron Patriot minifig.

Also my BTTF Delorean set arrived today from the online store. Package included the Lego Store employee minifig and 5 (!) copies of the Thanksgiving polybag, which it looks like they just used in place of package cushioning. No idea what I'll do with 5 turkey pieces, but the set is pretty cool.

Lego may be pricey, but they know how to take care of their customers!

Wut!?! Sounds like a mistake. That's an awesome polybag. I've been very happy with those season polybags this year.

ghostmind

Some interesting developments for HERO Factory, if rumors are to be believed. A Eurobricks user that has seen the latest retailer catalog, describes that LEGO has shrunk the HERO constractions into minifig size, and paired them up with larger scale enemy monsters that use traditional HF elements.

This move is going to put off some die-hard fans of the theme, but it should bring in others that are drawn towards the minifig appeal.

Some interesting developments for HERO Factory, if rumors are to be believed. A Eurobricks user that has seen the latest retailer catalog, describes that LEGO has shrunk the HERO constractions into minifig size, and paired them up with larger scale enemy monsters that use traditional HF elements.

This move is going to put off some die-hard fans of the theme, but it should bring in others that are drawn towards the minifig appeal.

Whoa. Sounds like it's coming full circle. Bionicles seem like they started small.

bio004.jpg

Brickset Bionicle minfig list

I have mixed feelings with the direction of LEGO. I am excited to get new LEGO parts that are hopefully interchangeable with minifigs. I'm also a bit sad as LEGO is trending towards more specialized pieces. I understand there's a huge demand, just look at all the businesses like BrickArms that exists because of demand for minifig accessories. Also, there are sooo many "clone" brands now with interesting pieces.

I hope LEGO treads carefully and creates pieces that are reusable and still requires the users' imagination.

EDIT: I have researched if the old small Bionicle heads fit minifigs. They do not without some modifications.

Any mention of the connection type of the minifig size HERO Factory "minifigs"? Are they going to be ball joint still? Curious if they are going the Kre-o style. New smaller ball joints in Mixels is a step closer in that direction. So curious now...

ghostmind

Any mention of the connection type of the minifig size HERO Factory "minifigs"? Are they going to be ball joint still? Curious if they are going the Kre-o style. New smaller ball joints in Mixels is a step closer in that direction. So curious now...

That's still unknown at this time, but apparently the "minifig" HERO characters will be piloting mech suits to fight the monsters.

It sounds almost 'Pacific Rim'-ish.

neonglow

That sounds interesting. I'd buy some to check out the line.

Speaking of something new, there's a new building block toy that has minifigures turning into 2x4 bricks. They are pretty expensive though at $6 a figure. I know most of you guys hate clones, but I feel competition keeps LEGO on their toes and slows down the increases in price.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...w=tenkai+knights&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

Hehe. I was thinking of posting the same thing. I did a quick search and didn't see anything that said it was LEGO compatible. It looks like it is. I saw those at TRU during my *cough* Kre-o *cough* run. Forgive me LEGOGAF.

That said, is there enough demand for a "clone" thread? I hate to pollute this LEGO thread with too much alternative talk.

EDIT: Sonava...TRU is only retail store to carry them. I'd like to try an action pack, but I'm sure TRU has a price premium on them. If they ever are on sale, I may grab one.

neonglow

Hehe. I was thinking of posting the same thing. I did a quick search and didn't see anything that said it was LEGO compatible. It looks like it is. I saw those at TRU during my *cough* Kre-o *cough* run. Forgive me LEGOGAF.

That said, is there enough demand for a "clone" thread? I hate to pollute this LEGO thread with too much alternative talk.

I doubt there is. I think most of us that buy clones are just into the figures and their accessories. The sets are pretty lackluster.

Personally, I find the clone news and talk fascinating.

I doubt there is. I think most of us that buy clones are just into the figures and their accessories. The sets are pretty lackluster.

I think you are right. That describes me pretty well. :) I do find some of the pieces that LEGO doesn't make interesting too.

Personally, I find the clone news and talk fascinating.

Will play it by ear and see how response is. I promise not to over do it. :)

neonglow

I think you are right. That describes me pretty well. :) I do find some of the pieces that LEGO doesn't make interesting too.

Will play it by ear and see how response is. I promise not to over do it. :)

I think the only brand everyone hates is Mega Bloks since most of their stuff is poor quality juniorized pieces cobbled together.

Speaking of Galaxy Squad, i still need one more bug set to complement the Hive Crawler i will be getting shortly for the evil bug army:

Opinions on "Star Slicer" and "Warp Stinger" anyone?

Speaking of Galaxy Squad, i still need one more bug set to complement the Hive Crawler i will be getting shortly for the evil bug army:

I like Star Slicer better of the two but the lack of articulations really turn off a lot of people. Warp Stinger is alright. After Hive Crawler, however, you probably will be hard press to find something to top that. (I got Slicer from TRU big sales so the lower cost may have help in not having big negative opinion).

YuBrtfTl.jpg

I also love the little buggy that came with Star Slicer.

neonglow

I like Star Slicer over Warp Stinger. The Warp Stinger isn't moveable at all. It just a display piece.

Thanks guys, seems like both Slice AND Stinger have a lack of articulations then hmm..

I guess since i'm mostly a display kinda guy, i'd be fine with that, Slicer IS a lot more expensive though... then again it does feature that red beetle bug, is that exclusive to this set? (Stinger has a red GS soldier though ugh, decisions)

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

R-User!

EDIT: Sonava...TRU is only retail store to carry them. I'd like to try an action pack, but I'm sure TRU has a price premium on them. If they ever are on sale, I may grab one.

The clone news is fine... Keeps the thread moving and is interesting to see what others are interested in, as P-Bone said... :)

Top Bottom