• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I'm thinking of picking up the Fred's Garage Tow Truck...is it a good build?

I can't say. Not a big technic guy here. There are a few here that enjoy Technic. I hadn't seen that set before. Looks pretty cool.

O man.... I wanted this set, but it wasn't a high need. Deals or so tempting though....And I don't have anything in this line. I just want it because it is a mech....Damn temptation.

EDIT: Ha, easy choice for me. They marked it back up to $34

Back up to 34.99... :/

Edit: beaten by Calm Killer

Still a damn good price at $35.

Dang flash sales. Thanks for the heads up, I was too slow. My wallet is thankful.

Speaking of Galaxy Squad, i still need one more bug set to complement the Hive Crawler i will be getting shortly for the evil bug army:

Opinions on "Star Slicer" and "Warp Stinger" anyone?

Warp Stinger is a good display piece as was mentioned. Not very swooshable either. I recommend it only if you want to complete your Galaxy Squad or if on a good sale. For parts, I'm not a huge fan of lime green color but I like the dark red color pieces.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Just saw this tweet from LEGO. Such a good idea!

The LEGO Group ‏@LEGO_Group 17m

LEGO bricks + pumpkins = less messy (more awesome) Halloween decorations. #BrickYourPumpkin this year! pic.twitter.com/I1ryRr6k9I

BWOzoalCcAAXXx-.jpg

neonglow

There's gonna be 7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets coming in 2014. I think one series will be based on the movie and another series will be based on the cartoon. I'm excited for the $100 set whatever it may be.

79115 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 1 – €49,99
79116 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 2 – €79,99
79117 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 3 – €97,99

79118 Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles Set 4 – €14,99
79119 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 5 – €26,99
79120 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 6 – €34,99
79121 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 7 – €67,99

There's gonna be 7 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sets coming in 2014. I think one series will be based on the movie and another series will be based on the cartoon. I'm excited for the $100 set whatever it may be.

79115 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 1 – €49,99
79116 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 2 – €79,99
79117 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 3 – €97,99

79118 Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles Set 4 – €14,99
79119 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 5 – €26,99
79120 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 6 – €34,99
79121 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set 7 – €67,99

*SHAKES FIST AT LEGO* Too much. My bank account can't take it anymore!

fingers crossed for a casey jones minifig

I hope so.

fingers crossed for a casey jones minifig

I just watched the original first movie two nights ago and it made me miss casey jones... would love one.

I have only gotten the Krang polybag for the TMNT sets, but looking them over (besides the baxter set) I think they are pretty nice... but I've heard otherwise.

Well, there's "clone" bricks and then there are plain knockoffs/ripoffs.

Packaging is quite slick looking, but I'm sure the quality is lacking (disregarding the illegal factor).

https://www.facebook.com/HotRobot.HK
http://instagram.com/hotrobothk

1395112_169169896620822_1939726882_n.jpg

I found some Ninjago minifig knockoffs online (not this seller) awhile ago and ordered some out of curiosity. I'll try to remember to take photos of legit LEGO ones with knockoffs next to them. I ordered a 4 arm Garmadon and a Samurai X. You could tell the quality difference immediately. Accessories fit in hands ok, but when you try to fit it in something like a stud with a hole it doesn't fit.

EDIT: Could be a scammer, but I think he's more of a knockoff seller. I know someone here will probably try out of curiousity. Please report back.

f39ac24c319211e3813a22000a1fb833_8.jpg

Calm Killer

*SHAKES FIST AT LEGO* Too much. My bank account can't take it anymore!

I hope so.

I agree with all of this. Excited for more TMNT set. But why do you hate my wallet?

flyingpig

Neo Member
I agree with all of this. Excited for more TMNT set. But why do you hate my wallet?

I'm surprised, the TMNT sets have been underwhelming in my eyes. And I don't think sales have been overwhelming either. Figures have been great though. We'll see what they come up with for round 2.

I'm surprised, the TMNT sets have been underwhelming in my eyes. And I don't think sales have been overwhelming either. Figures have been great though. We'll see what they come up with for round 2.

I agree. I don't have the underground headquarters one, but that looks decent. The other builds have been lackluster. Actually, I think the smallest set is decent for the price too. Question is are they going to change up the print on the new turtles. I guess it doesn't matter to much since I already have all the turtles I wanted. I preferred the closed mouth versions.

Obviously the sets sold well enough. May not be a monster hit like Ninjago, but my kids like watching the cartoon once in awhile and like the turtle minifigs.

Ponn

Banned
Hmm..think this new TMNT sets news will make me wait till the new sets. I wasn't too hot on the Lair or Shellraiser set so a chance at better sets sounds good to me.

Calm Killer

Hmm..think this new TMNT sets news will make me wait till the new sets. I wasn't too hot on the Lair or Shellraiser set so a chance at better sets sounds good to me.

I have 3 of the sets. I built shredders bike but wasn't that impressed. It was okay, but I bought it purely for the figs. I have the lair but honestly bought it for parts. I will of course build it once. I will post all my thoughts once I get the new house in order.

I have 3 of the sets. I built shredders bike but wasn't that impressed. It was okay, but I bought it purely for the figs. I have the lair but honestly bought it for parts. I will of course build it once. I will post all my thoughts once I get the new house in order.

I'm waiting on the shredder set to go on sale for the figs

Posting one of the pics that SiegfriedFM linked to:

rRybyLz.jpg

I really think this box art is getting close to the line of being disingenuous.

LEGO-Hobbit-79013-Lake-Town-Chase.jpg

Obviously adult collectors will know what to expect, but there is very little delineation between the set and the buildings in the background on the front of the box. I am all for some embellishment, flair and special effects...but this seems exceedingly manipulative.

Seems that this weekend BN stores will be doing a BOGO 50% off sale on educational toys and games. Which means all the non Architecture sets will be part of that sale.
There is also a 20% off coupon out there right now for both members and non members, and it is a generic code so it is not a one time use only coupon.

Store near me has all the summer sets from all the main themes in, as well as Master Builder Academy sets. Good weekend to stack those deals.

Link to a printable version of the coupon.

ghostmind

Canada LEGO-GAF!

Starting tomorrow at TRU, you can get the CITY Ride-on Mower polybag for free when you spend $30 or more on LEGO (excluding Friends or Games).

nYhUMNX.jpg

Canada LEGO-GAF!

Starting tomorrow at TRU, you can get the CITY Ride-on Mower polybag for free when you spend $30 or more on LEGO (excluding Friends or Games).

nYhUMNX.jpg

This week's deal is also 20% off Creator sets. I am going to try to find a Log Cabin or Small Cottage to get that sweet lawnmower.

ghostmind

It's unfortunate that LEGO is not at NYCC, but perhaps they will do some counter-programming in the form of some set reveals this weekend.

ghostmind

Oh, I they were there and I've been checking the thread throughout the day for reveals. =(

Nope.

The LEGO reason (excuse) is that they blew all their budget doing the Times Square X-wing promotion earlier in the year.

The real reason is that NYCC organizers saw how much of a mess LEGO made at SDCC and decided to not invite them to participate this year.

Draxal

Nope.

The LEGO reason (excuse) is that they blew all their budget doing the Times Square X-wing promotion earlier in the year.

The real reason is that NYCC organizers saw how much of a mess LEGO made at SDCC and decided to not invite them to participate this year.

Yeah, Lego really doesn't know how to handle the convention promos at all.

Let them back in when they learn better. I just really hate those super exclusive minifigs that only a very few can get...hate it! I just want my Jean Grey minifig without having to sell a car to get one.

Let them back in when they learn better. I just really hate those super exclusive minifigs that only a very few can get...hate it! I just want my Jean Grey minifig without having to sell a car to get one.

I wonder if they could just sell unreleased stuff ahead of time instead. I like exclusives but not how lego does it

Seems that this weekend BN stores will be doing a BOGO 50% off sale on educational toys and games. Which means all the non Architecture sets will be part of that sale.
There is also a 20% off coupon out there right now for both members and non members, and it is a generic code so it is not a one time use only coupon.

Store near me has all the summer sets from all the main themes in, as well as Master Builder Academy sets. Good weekend to stack those deals.

Link to a printable version of the coupon.

Thanks. I didn't get any e-mail about the BOGO 50% deal. I was beginning to think it was a waste to renew my membership. Between Amazon, Target, and Walmart there have been so many deals better than 20% off B&N.

Would be a big win for me if they had the new Minecraft sets.

So anyone here got these Shell Ferrari promo polybags?

We ended up getting em here this month finally and so far i got 6 out of 7 (the 7th is some fabled bag with a minifig that not every country gets apparently)

They're quick builds with quite a few printed pieces that might be unique as far as i know? (correct me if i'm wrong)

I also like the rims on some of these and the fact that they have that pullback train in the rear axle (don't remember ever having those in my Legos before)

sorry for the dirty tires on that last pic but that was after trying out the pullback train lol ;)

We ended up getting em here this month finally and so far i got 6 out of 7 (the 7th is some fabled bag with a minifig that not every country gets apparently)

They're quick builds with quite a few printed pieces that might be unique as far as i know? (correct me if i'm wrong)

I also like the rims on some of these and the fact that they have that pullback train in the rear axle (don't remember ever having those in my Legos before)

sorry for the dirty tires on that last pic but that was after trying out the pullback train lol ;)

WHOA. That is sweet looking.

Calm Killer

That is pretty sweet. Looks like the hood and the roof are unique pieces. Those are printed as well. So we have hood, roof and axle/wheels that are new pieces? Anything else?

I just watched the original first movie two nights ago and it made me miss casey jones... would love one.

I have only gotten the Krang polybag for the TMNT sets, but looking them over (besides the baxter set) I think they are pretty nice... but I've heard otherwise.

Baxter Set and Krang Lab Set were the only two sets from the first round of TMNT LEGO that I kept together. Everything else was junk. Never bought the Lair, but might buy it on clearance at Target someday, I suppose...

I'm hoping the new sets will be better builds...

I've got enough VIP Points to get the Quinjet, but it's sold out online. Do you guys think it'll be back in stock before the end of the month or should I just head out to a LEGO Store next week?

Nitemare1

That is pretty sweet. Looks like the hood and the roof are unique pieces. Those are printed as well. So we have hood, roof and axle/wheels that are new pieces? Anything else?

The piece over the back wheel with the two round red studs attached to it looks unfamiliar to me? Is this an old element? Or is it part of the axle or something?

The piece over the back wheel with the two round red studs attached to it looks unfamiliar to me? Is this an old element? Or is it part of the axle or something?

Pretty sure it's an existing piece... and no, it's separate from the axle.

Yeah the roof piece is printed and unique as far as i can tell as is the hood (minus the yellow sticker of course)

I'll build the rest of em soon and post some pics then.

As far as i know they SHOULD be available in the US shortly as well, this promo has existed for quite a while, it's just a matter of when it will be available in which country!

Also: Found some pics of that elusive 7th promo bag: It's apparently a PIT STOP CREW, looks pretty neat

http://ccwen08.blogspot.com/2012/12/shell-lego-ferrari-miniature-pit-crew.html

Hope those make it to the States someday. So strange the rollout is so slow.

2014 1H Friends:

Lemonade stand is a definite buy.

Oh yeah. "Inexpensive" way to get the scooter. Wonder if it's compatible with standard minifigs or if it's the same as the Parisian Restaurant scooter. Also a cheap way to get the dolphin. I will get them for my *ahem* non-existent daughters of course.

EDIT: Is that a pitcher? I think pretzel girl may have some new accessories.

EDIT 2: NVM. Just viewed large version and it's constructed with a clear head piece. Gives me idea for big mug though.

Mmmm...cookies. Hope those are printed.

Top Bottom