• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's nostalgia! Tech from 80's, 90's, early 2000's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

flickr-14871448-image.jpg

I remember the battery life being horrible.. but I loved the concept of taking my actual Genesis games on the road.

I would love to get one and mod it with a modern day rechargeable battery pack.

Sulla1980

It was just a simple game where pressing the button would push the rings up via the release of air pressure into the water, and you'd try to tilt it or whatever to get them on the sticks. I definitely had and played with a few back when I was around 5 or 6 (just over 20 years ago...). I've seen some similar games (both with and without water) fairly recently in dollar stores occasionally.

Ha ha, yup, I remember jamming on that button now. I think I was too young to really care about getting the rings on the sticks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Our first computer was an Apple IIgs. Loved so many games for it and the Apple II. My father sold it off in a garage sale in 1992- we had a Mac at the time so it was no longer needed, but as a kid I thought it so dumb that he was ditching a color monitor machine with a bunch of a games for a dinky little black and white computer with barely anything available for it. After he sold it we got a Super Nintendo, though, so it wasn't all bad!

appleiigs.jpg

The best time killer in school !

LOL, this thing came in so handy during boring classes when nobody was allowed to talk.

flickr-14871448-image.jpg

I remember the battery life being horrible.. but I loved the concept of taking my actual Genesis games on the road.

Got a Nomad when they first came out and ended up spending way more time playing it than I did my Playstation, lol.

endre

I saw that the first time only recently here.

Ooooh oooh oooh does this count?
238584395_f6Cs02Wt_c.jpg

WOW, just WOW

And the rest of you:

736px-Commodore-Datassette.jpg

Commodore C2N cassette deck. Cough within 200 yards and it stops loading.

HAT tip.

The only things I can remember now are the calculator Casio memory A1 my mother still uses:

And this:

Our first computer was an Apple IIgs. Loved so many games for it and the Apple II. My father sold it off in a garage sale in 1992- we had a Mac at the time so it was no longer needed, but as a kid I thought it so dumb that he was ditching a color monitor machine with a bunch of a games for a dinky little black and white computer with barely anything available for it. After he sold it we got a Super Nintendo, though, so it wasn't all bad!

appleiigs.jpg

Our first as well (other than the TI-994A I got at a garage sale and hooked up to a b&w tv).

I used this until I bought my first Mac in college. I'm still Apple only to this day.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Probably the only one that had one of these...but does anyone remember the Cybiko?

220px-Cybiko.jpg

Had one of these my freshmen year of high school in 2000. Weird to imagine an era where most teenagers didn't have cellphones, and those that did weren't avid texters. But yeah, basically you could use this thing to text chat and download and play games wirelessly. Me and my two buddies all got one, and it was cool to be able to send messages from a handheld device. Lol

Fad only lasted less than a year with us. I got my cellphone that same school year, but still had the Cybiko in my backpack just to mess around with, since it had games. But of course, the cellphone eventually took my full attention.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Makes you wonder how many variations of that "four small figures climb up and slide ad nauseum" exist.

Javaman

Starbird!

starbird.jpg

MB-StarBirdBox.jpg

Omg yes. It would change pitch whenever you angled it up or down. My Mom's house is a treasure trove of toys I grew up with decades ago. There's still moving boxes from 25 years ago that have been sitting in storage not opened yet. Two that I fondly remember is MB's dark castle and a Tomy big loader set.

Arjen

PtHs0.jpg

Loved these things, i remember you could play the music twice as fast if you pushed the play button only half way trough.
/edit
On the older models that is, couldn't find a decent pic of those.

Boss Doggie

Probably the only one that had one of these...but does anyone remember the Cybiko?

220px-Cybiko.jpg

Had one of these my freshmen year of high school in 2000. Weird to imagine an era where most teenagers didn't have cellphones, and those that did weren't avid texters. But yeah, basically you could use this thing to text chat and download and play games wirelessly. Me and my two buddies all got one, and it was cool to be able to send messages from a handheld device. Lol

Fad only lasted less than a year with us. I got my cellphone that same school year, but still had the Cybiko in my backpack just to mess around with, since it had games. But of course, the cellphone eventually took my full attention.

Is that an electronic diary? I have one but it's based on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Boss Doggie

On a related note, how come tech before had a fetish for having a wood finish? We had an old "cabinet tv" with the same style.

Makes you wonder if consoles up to now have them.

Boss Doggie

I drank some water out of these things a few times. No idea why, I guess I was pretty fuckin' stupid as a kid. That's pretty much all I remember since the actual thing it was made to do was really dumb.

I actually thought the water in that is toxic before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom