• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Announce Trailer | Releases October 29 on XBS, PS5, PC | Also coming to Switch at a later date

ss_b0a6ba0df267b7575fff4bc7b514a0d0f2c9f99f.1920x1080.jpg

ss_815a7415625cde172ced6e935494e66b94bf6598.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3356d63bf2b2fa2306a43e6a0553908e17732db8.1920x1080.jpg

If nothing else I've always felt the Deck Nine games had better visuals than DontNod and I really like what they've done with the older version of Max.

Bridges

Not sure I've ever felt more hoodwinked than listening to hundreds of internet strangers saying Life Is Strange is amazing only to buy it and cringe at every line of dialogue. It had some cool moments (I particularly liked the suicide subplot and the villain reveal) but these games are not for me.

That being said, I like the concept and Max looks great in this.

I won't be buying it but I'm happy for the hardcore fans getting what they want out of this.

mnkl13

they should have only done the first one and now this one. no other sequels should exist. there's a timeline where this is a reality i believe. and i'm hoping this one lives up to the original.

bigdad2007

Does this mean they are actually going to patch the remasters and fix all the bugs for the people that want to play the first before the sequel?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This looks a lot more interesting than boring True Colors. Love the first 2 games (I don't mean LIS2, I haven't played it yet).

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
LiS has always been one of those games I should be interested in but some just doesn't click with me.
The thing that drives you to push forward just isn't there and I lose interest pretty quickly.
Maybe this one will be different ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quite ironic that this super-woke game had one of the only beautiful women in the entire show.

The first Life is Strange is not what I would consider a "super woke" game, especially by modern standards. It got tagged as the "tumblr lesbian game," but has human and sympathetically rendered conservative characters like Kate Marsh and David Madsen. I've read extremely woke prejudiced writing in media, Life is Strange 2 could easily earn that tag. LiS1 came out just before this brain rot had socially pervaded everything so there's still underlying humanity in how the characters are written regardless of their differing perspectives. With a primary focus on telling a good story rather than pushing an agenda. This comes through in pre-release interviews DontNod gave for Life is Stange:

...there was a female character in Remember Me and again a female character is here, we're not doing that for the sake of being different. We are not trying to "fix the industry." I mean it is a hot topic lately in the press, and I believe it should be, but it's not us trying to fix this. It's just us looking at the stories we want to tell and then looking at the characters we want to use to tell those stories, it's as simple as that. Our next game may very well have a male character, it all depends on what we want to say.

This is clearly a very different attitude from the studio that would go on to market "Tell Me Why" as the "first AAA game with a trans lead" and little to nothing else. But attitudes changed as the times did, a lot of people's positions polarized further to the extremes from 2014 to 2020 (lis to tell me why). The DontNod of 2014 were certainly French liberals writing a game, but they weren't as "woke" as you might think.

Last edited:

Xavier2337

Neo Member
Life is Strange 1 and BTS are the only ones I played and damn, it's good to see Max grow up :') unfortunately seems like Chloe won't be here

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Alright I am in.

BTW True Colors were good and it certainly wasn't woke. I guess some people's idea of woke is too many women in games.

Woke trash was the second one and it was the most annoying, so please keep the men protagonist from these series. Such a fucking slog.

winjer

Gold Member
Alright I am in.

BTW True Colors were good and it certainly wasn't woke. I guess some people's idea of woke is too many women in games.

Woke trash was the second one and it was the most annoying, so please keep the men protagonist from these series. Such a fucking slog.

I have mixed feeling regarding True Colors.
The first half of the game, when we get to know the town and it's people, was very good. The town party was awesome. The characters were very relatable.
But then the plot turns into the generic trope of defeating the bad corporation. Instead of focusing on the dynamics of the characters.
Life is Strange and Before the Storm, were much better because they had a greater focus on the characters and their dynamics.

M1chl

I have mixed feeling regarding True Colors.
The first half of the game, when we get to know the town and it's people, was very good. The town party was awesome. The characters were very relatable.
But then the plot turns into the generic trope of defeating the bad corporation. Instead of focusing on the dynamics of the characters.
Life is Strange and Before the Storm, were much better because they had a greater focus on the characters and their dynamics.
I agree with this, but in my head that first part was longer. And that corpo shit didn't drag for too long. But I really enjoy my time with the game, albeit being shorter than previous entries. Its like a Before the Storm length. BtS is my favorite.

winjer

Gold Member
I agree with this, but in my head that first part was longer. And that corpo shit didn't drag for too long. But I really enjoy my time with the game, albeit being shorter than previous entries. Its like a Before the Storm length. BtS is my favorite.

Yes, it wasn't too long. But it dragged down the overall quality of the game.
Before the Storm is also my favorite in the saga. It has the best music, and the dynamics with Chole and Rachel was so good.

M1chl

Yes, it wasn't too long. But it dragged down the overall quality of the game.
Before the Storm is also my favorite in the saga. It has the best music, and the dynamics with Chole and Rachel was so good.

The amount of time, I was listening to this is probably way too high. It such a vibe

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I've tried 2 games in this series and it just didn't click for me. This looks like a big step up graphically at least.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
"Max Caulfield, now photographer-in-residence at the prestigious Caledon University, discovers her closest new friend, Safi, dead in the snow."

We all know what this means.....awkward cringefest love scenes

Power Pro

The original Life is Strange, I found the LGBT aspect of it to be when they could make it believable in a game, and not forced. I felt like Max as a character can go either way, but in my head canon, I totally felt like she was in love with Chloe, which made it that much more difficult having to let her go.

I love seeing older Max, and I actually really liked True Colors, but I'm always nervous about the series, lol. It manages to be so close to being another insufferable DEI franchise, but has avoided it for numerous entries. I never did play LiS2...that one just didn't look appealing to me.

Toots

Gold Member
More slacktivist trash? No thanks.

this post should be enough for you to see that, the first one at least, wasn't like that. It is a story staring people from the l+ community which aren't defined by their sexuality.
It's a well written story about people who have different tastes, not tokens here only to pass a political message. It is a story that have resonated so much with certain people that it helped them overcome real life obstacles. In french we call this an oeuvre. English sadly doesn't have an equivalent, for English speaker everything is "work". Oeuvre is much more than work, it transcend work. It is what makes life worth living.

That's the problem with sweet baby crap and their ilk, they forgot that if you want to convey a message, you need to tell a good story first. The better your story is, the easier the message will be conveyed because you convince readers with your story. Slacktivists seem to think they are on twitter even irl and mere posturing is enough to convince others, so of course it never works.

"Max Caulfield, now photographer-in-residence at the prestigious Caledon University, discovers her closest new friend, Safi, dead in the snow."

We all know what this means.....awkward cringefest love scenes
They will engage in sapphism, if the name wasn't obvious enough :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I hope this is just some joke and not an indication of the subtelty of this game writing... First one was not like that so lets just hope together 🤞

Skifi28

Gold Member
After the shitfest that was the last game, I have very little hope in the franchise. This might just be the final nail.

Rayderism

I didn't like everything about the LiS games (I've played them all) but I did enjoy them for what they were. I'm finding I tend to like these story/choice games more than I thought I would.

cireza

I'm sorry .. collectors edition (INCLUDES NO GAME)

????
This is actually how every collector edition should be, so that people can then get the nice physical content, and decide whether they want a physical or digital copy of the game.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Welp, don’t make the same mistake I did. I wanted to replay the first game, so I bought it for my iPhone. Turns out, they don’t scale the UI or content to the aspect ratio, so you literally get softlocked when you open the journal, since the button to exit is off screen. A bunch of text gets cut off, too.

Pretty disappointing.

kGlRWcB.jpeg

Top Bottom