• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Announce Trailer | Releases October 29 on XBS, PS5, PC | Also coming to Switch at a later date

I remember playing the first game in 2015 and back then the blue-haired Feminazi wasn't a meme:

2793191-9624180657-tumbl.jpg

I really liked the story, especially the plot twist in Episode 3 gave me goosebumps.

TBH, I started noticing wokeness in late 2016/early 2017, right after Trump's election. I didn't even pay much attention when Uncharted 4 was released in mid-2016.

Last edited:
I remember playing the first game in 2015 and back then the blue-haired Feminazi wasn't a meme:

2793191-9624180657-tumbl.jpg

I really liked the story, especially the plot twist in Episode 3 gave me goosebumps.

TBH, I started noticing wokeness in late 2016/early 2017, right after Trump's election. I didn't even pay much attention when Uncharted 4 was released in mid-2016.

God I hated her character

I did every choice in that game that was a negative towards her

When that game came out which was 2015 is when I noticed all this woke stuff started to come out

Now I have no hope for this sequel due to development team being most likely filled with the Blue Haired Crazies

I did like Max and the story of the original but Chloe seriously made me dislike the game

She wasn't a good character back than and she isn't now

RaptorGTA

Gold Member
Feels like a desperate move to bring back the character people liked the most. Problem is it wasn't just Max, it was also the mystery and the unique atmosphere of an American small town.

I feel the same way. The original game hit me in a area that honestly still haunts me.

I worried, based on the endings, that any direct sequel would ruin the first game or at least damage the impact/message of the first game. I was one person who was against a direct sequel. Hope they can knock it out of the park.

Rivdoric

I was pleasantly surprised by the first one.
The story delivered some great moments and surprised me very often, as did the music. It was far from being a cringy teenage game but was highly built upon existential questions. It was almost as good as Heavy Rain.
I hope they will be able to keep their identity and not go generic wider audience.

Last edited:

TVexperto

I was pleasantly surprised by the first one.
The story delivered some great moments and surprised me very often, as did the music. It was far from being a cringy teenage game but was highly built upon existential questions. It was almost as good as Heavy Rain.
I hope they will be able to keep their identity and not go generic wider audience.
is the first one worth it to play for first time before playing this new one?

Rivdoric

is the first one worth it to play for first time before playing this new one?

I think devs said this would be a totally new player friendly sequel but i'd highly suggest to play the first one + before the storm for obvious background reasons if you're interested.
Playing the teenage Max will certainly enforce the empathy & comprehension of the adult character.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm sensing a bit of revisionist history going on here. The LiS games, for the most part, have been pretty decent to good. The first game especially for its time, was fantastic.

Anyway, some new stuff.

There will be a game play live stream on the 13th and Ultimate Edition folks will be able to play the first 2 chapters early.

And there’s still more to come this very week. We’ll showcase Max Caufield’s new adventure in an in-depth Reveal Livestream this Thursday, June 13, at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT / 5pm BST – including a first look at extended gameplay, and an overview of Max’s new power. Follow us on X, Tiktok, Instagram, and Facebook to keep up to date with all the latest from the Life is Strange universe.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm sensing a bit of revisionist history going on here. The LiS games, for the most part, have been pretty decent to good. The first game especially for its time, was fantastic.

Anyway, some new stuff.

There will be a game play live stream on the 13th and Ultimate Edition folks will be able to play the first 2 chapters early.
I got excited when they mentioned chapters. Personally, I thought that one of the best parts about the original game was that it was episodic and that each episode released a few weeks out from the last one. It was more like seeing a TV show unfold over the course of a season, rather than just binging the whole thing on Netflix at once.

Shame they're not bringing that back, and just giving people who pay more early access to the first part of the game.

TG1QKk4.jpg

Deck Nine has been in charge of the franchise since True Colors.
Life is Strange 2 was widely hated by fans and considered the weakest thus DontNod lost the franchise......rightfully so.

Yeah Dontnod seems talented in making AA rpg lite action adventure like Vampyr and Banishers. They should just go all in on that and leave the narrative adventure genre behind.

wipeout364

The original was LQBT+. It started with DontNod. Deck Nine is sticking to that same principle. Hopefully, this is something easier for you to get.
True colors did not bash you in the face with it and you could choose who you wanted for a love interest male or female and the protagonist was not trans . I enjoyed True colors for what it was and will be getting this one as well. Deck Nine does not tend to push an agenda, Dontnod who did life is strange 1, Tell me why and Life is strange 2 are the agenda pushers. Thankfully they were booted off the franchise, Deck nine is just about telling a good story in my experience.

edit: I honestly don't care if there are Lesbians or gays in the story as long as it fits and doesn't feel like its forced in my face.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
True colors did not bash you in the face with it and you could choose who you wanted for a love interest male or female and the protagonist was not . I enjoyed True colors for what it was and will be getting this one as well. Deck Nine does not tend to push an agenda, Dontnod who did life is strange 1, Tell me why and Life is strange 2 are the agenda pushers. Thankfully they were booted off the franchise, Deck nine is just about telling a good story in my experience.
They aren’t as bad, I agree with that. They’ll still keep that sort of thing around, though, so I was just implying that it shouldn’t shock anyone.

Top Bottom