• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band announced for PSP

SCEA also previewed its deepest and broadest content line up for the PS3 system, including groundbreaking exclusives such as Killzone(R) 2, inFamous, MLB(R)'09: The Show(TM), MAG, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves and God of War(R) III to hit throughout the fiscal year

Seriously where is Heavy Rain?

thaOwner

Oh and Rockband is coming for PSP for all who cares. Wonder if they will make an accessory for it like with the
ds version.

jett

D-Member
stuminus3 said:
I will wait for the inevitable PS2 and/or Wii ports.

YES I'M JUST KIDDING!

-- MotorStorm Arctic Edge -- Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force(TM) series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

You won't have to wait long :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MotorStorm Arctic Edge -- Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force(TM) series,

meh

Evo Studio or Burst

The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

nice to see sony trying to move PSP and PS2 , they need more PS2 games than PSP's tho

gimme God of War : COO on PS2 ...Kratos belong to big TV

rezuth

But I was gonna sell my PSP :(

Totobeni said:
meh

Evo Studio or Burst

nice to see sony trying to move PSP and PS2 , they need more PS2 games than PSP's tho

gimme God of War : COO on PS2 ...Kratos belong to big TV
Just get cables and hook it up?

batbeg

_leech_ said:
Did anyone notice this?

The PS2 lives.

Daaamn. I really wish they'd just cut it loose by now :lol Although if the games good, I'll probably get that version for local multiplayer, but even so.

Keikoku

Banned
None of these game belongs to the PSP. MS2 is awesome because of its great physics, graphics and size of the maps. LBP won't be as good on the PSP without its sharing possibilities...

Sony should announce more original games for the psp, in place of porting every PS2/PS3 licence to the system in a "light" version. This is why I sold mine, and this is why, at this time, I won't buy a new one.

Grecco

The Motorstorm and LBP PSP versions were rumored for a while.

Reeeeally interested in seing how Rock Band psp will work

Nemesis_

SecretBonusPoint said:
All this and the oncoming Square Enix juggernauts (Agito and Birth Before Sleep) as well as the inevitable Monster Hunter Portable 3 should put the PSP out with a bang and piss on all those "PSP2 SOON!!!" rumours.

Very excited to see LBP PSP. Especially since they suggest its still got creation and share elements.
Don't forget Parasite Eve III and the upcoming localisation of DISSIDIA too =/

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Die Squirrel Die said:
New games are nice, but I think the lineup shows part of Sony's problem with PSP software. Franchise extensions can be good, but there wasn't enough being put into PSP exclusive IPs.

Yea, that's pretty much exactly why it fails. Though no one really cares about the ones that sneak through. Just downgraded versions of God of War which gets praised to high heaven.

Haunted

Grecco said:
Reeeeally interested in seing how Rock Band psp will work
Rock strap incoming!

GHOT_with_pick1.jpg

Keikoku said:
None of this game belongs to the PSP. MS2 is awesome because of its great physics, graphics and size of the maps. LBP won't be as good on the PSP without its sharing possibilities...

Do people even read the OP?

LittleBigPlanet -- Developed in conjunction with MediaMolecule, the critically acclaimed game LittleBigPlanet makes its way to the PSP, offering new SackBoy(TM) adventures with the same play, create, share experience for gamers on-the-go, in addition to brand new levels and environments specifically created for the platform.

Nemesis556 said:
Don't forget Parasite Eve III and the upcoming localisation of DISSIDIA too =/

Jesus, yeah. God damn. Square Enix really... put a lot into the PSP XD

Dissidia's release is absolutely stupid though, and makes me worry about when on earth KH and Agito would realistically come about.

lupinko

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Assassin's Creed PSP?

How?

It's be like porting Dead Rising to Wii...

They could just make an entirely new game you know? =P

-- MotorStorm Arctic Edge -- Developed by the award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force(TM) series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. The game is also expected to hit the PlayStation 2 platform in Fall of 2009.

The zombie still lives!!! :lol

KZObsessed

Will buy LBP, MS:AE and Rock Band PSP for sure!

SCEA also previewed its deepest and broadest content line up for the PS3 system, including groundbreaking exclusives such as Killzone(R) 2, inFamous, MLB(R)'09: The Show(TM), MAG, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves and God of War(R) III to hit throughout the fiscal year.

ruh roh. GoWIII March 2010 confirmed! :p

Keikoku

Banned
_leech_ said:
Do people even read the OP?

That's what they say. And even if it's as good as the PS3 games (which is, imo, impossible) that is not what I'm waiting of the PSP : playing the same games in a "light" version.

anddo0

But the PSP is dying...

Man I'm so happy I've stuck with this device since launch.. Hell of a lineup there.

jjasper

Cool I was hoping the next Motorstorm would be Arctic based.

Also Rock Band better let me play the songs as MP3s when I am not playing the game.

Snipes424

lawblob said:
No mention of Heavy Rain

<_<

All those games they named off were 1st/2nd party.

Heavy rain is an exclusive 3rd party.

It's dumb, but that is the only reason I can think why they didn't mention it.

Zoe

And of course the Lilac version won't be available as a stand-alone :\

(should have brought over the Felicia Blue a long time ago!)

thaOwner

SolidSnakex said:
This was all announced at Destination Playstation.
Where is it all happening at though ? In Japan or something ?

EDIT: had no idea there was any event going on in the first place. Thanks Snakex, I will find out more about it.

Madman

Keikoku said:
That's what they say. And even if it's as good as the PS3 games (which is, imo, impossible) that is not what I'm waiting of the PSP : playing the same games in a "light" version.
How many original PSP franchises have done well sales wise? Great, original games like Crush are practically non-existant here in terms of how well known it is. I could only imagine what it's actual sales were like.

Snipes424 said:
All those games they named off were 1st/2nd party.

Heavy rain is an exclusive 3rd party.

It's dumb, but that is the only reason I can think why they didn't mention it.

Infamous is in the same boat as Heavy Rain. It's a 3rd party game (Sucker Punch) but published by Sony.

Neo-Sheperd said:
Where is it all happening at though ? In Japan or something ?

Phoenix.

Stench

Banned
We getting screenshots or anything?

A winter-themed Motorstorm is a fucking spectacular idea; I've wanted snow levels since the first game was announced. Too bad it's not for the Trey, though...

is the PSP finally striking back in NA? i guess SCEA has finally noticed all the money PSP is making in JP.

SCEA needs to get some positive feeling about PSP going in NA so that when they announce the PSP2 sometime next year, people will be excited about it.

i will be picking up dissidia, lbp, and motorstorm. i will wait and see what AC PSP is like before i decide.

Top Bottom