• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band announced for PSP

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
CurlySaysX said:
Sold.
Motorostorm; best new i.p doubly confirmed.

I kind of just wish it was for PS3 in a way..

Games like this, I don't really wanna play on a handheld.

But then I'm not really a handheld guy to start with. Just wish you could play PSP games on a PS3 at 1080p off or something, downloaded off PSN.

Ditto, I'm gonna be a little conflicted about LBP if it's just a carbon copy of the PS3 experience, but on a smaller screen with more limitations and less pretty graphics.

thaOwner

Totobeni said:
ok ..again

SCEA and PSP ? Fishiing : unpossible , also new colorz can't save you , price cut will

need more SEGA :( , where is my SEGA's games ?

nice stuff

only SCEA and Killzone 2 ? :lol give SCEE some credit you thieves

need to be $150 , srsly and PSP need to be $90

day one .

I hope not Chibi version like POP for DS , something like classic POP for PSN/XBLA will be great

keep you shovelware crap away from PS brand you stupid UBI shit

oh boy

2nd best publisher this gen is great ( 1st is SEGA ) ..good stuff EA

meh

Killzone Liberation 2 plz

overall good stuff SCEE and SCEA, still , you guys need SCEJ help , SCEJ should just wake the fuck up already and help

There was a rumour from game trailers that, the next KZ2 titles are being worked on so who knows.
They might show or announce something at E3 this year.

jjasper

gofreak said:
But then I'm not really a handheld guy to start with. Just wish you could play PSP games on a PS3 at 1080p off or something, downloaded off PSN.

Well you can play the PSP on your TV through the output that's about as close as you will get.

Madman

gofreak said:

Ditto, I'm gonna be a little conflicted about LBP if it's just a carbon copy of the PS3 experience, but on a smaller screen with more limitations and less pretty graphics.
Resistance: Retribution says hi.

gofreak said:

didn't someone say it will be ported to PS2?
Would be cool to be able to play psn psp games on the triple though, no doubt.

Madman said:
Resistance: Retribution says hi.

no, it doesn't

Resistance Retribution lets you use the DS3, but video output is done from the PSP video output; PSP 1000 won't allow you to do it and you still can't do full screen. I'm still waiting for true PSP on PS3. Just make it so the PSP connected via USB acts as a UMD drive, then have the PS3 emulate it.

CurlySaysX said:
didn't someone say it will be ported to PS2?
Would be cool to be able to play psn psp games on the triple though, no doubt.

according to the press release, Motorstorm Arctic Storm is for both PSP and PS2

iceatcs said:
Rock Band Unplugged, hmmm.
I wish they would make it like Amplitude, but you can download music from a store like RB. That would be so awesome and I'd definitely buy it, but we'll see. I trust Harmonix will do something interesting.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tiduz said:
omfg psp revivial?

sony finally having a brain?

because Shu Yoshida maybe ?

but a revivial without price cut is useless as a penis without testicals .

still if the rumors on PSP-4000 or PSP2 are true then there are some interesting stuff here this year .

I wonder if they make LBP into a more traditional 2D platformer. Something the PSP sorely lacks, a stupid amount of people come in looking for Mario for PSP.

BatmanX

I'm glad to see motostorm psp/sp2 not made by evolution studios, so they didn't have to waste their time on minor platforms so they're free to give me a proper motorstom3 with real time weather changin :D

Goldrusher

That's a lot of games in one press release.

PS3
Killzone 2
inFamous
MLB 09 The Show
MAG
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
God of War III
Flower
Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

Home
Warhawk Command Center

PSP
Assassin's Creed
LittleBigPlanet
Rock Band Unplugged
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Hannah Montana
Petz
Madden NFL 10
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

PS2
MotorStorm Arctic Edge

gogogow

Looks pretty damn good!

MSAE_Trailer_GreenBuggy.jpg

MSAE_Trailer_Boosting.jpg

MSAE_Trailer_BobCorner.jpg

MSAE_Trailer_CanyonCrash.jpg

MSAE_Trailer_CliffView.jpg

Blueblur1

Rock Band Unplugged will take center stage as it leverages the PSP system’s Wi-Fi capabilities and becomes the first PSP game to include a fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content in the North American and Europeans markets.
Are they serious? DLC for a handheld version? That's ridiculous.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That Arctic Edge is for PS2 also is actually possibly the most surprising part of the press release. When was the last reasonably 'big' PS2 release from Sony? :p Anyway, good job on that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rock Band PSP sounds amazing.

Rock Band has always been better than Guitar Hero anyway, so I'm glad PSP got that and not some cheap GH spin-off.

Madman

Linkzg said:
no, it doesn't

Resistance Retribution lets you use the DS3, but video output is done from the PSP video output; PSP 1000 won't allow you to do it and you still can't do full screen. I'm still waiting for true PSP on PS3. Just make it so the PSP connected via USB acts as a UMD drive, then have the PS3 emulate it.
If it's so important for it to fill the screen, can't you just zoom the picture on your TV? It's going to be the same resolution no matter what. I don't see how that feature isn't what he is asking for.

BatmanX said:
I'm glad to see motostorm psp/sp2 not made by evolution studios, so they didn't have to waste their time on minor platforms so they're free to give me a proper motorstom3 with real time weather changin :D
I trust BigBig Studios because Pursuit Force games played pretty well control wise IMO. I believe (but could be wrong) they are close to Evolution Studios also.

PR for MotorStorm:

The MotorStorm® festival is unleashed in Alaska

o Brutal off-road racing, MotorStorm® Arctic Edge, arrives on PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) and PlayStation®2

o Multi-route tracks, unpredictable terrain, hostile AI and sub-zero conditions: never race the same lap twice!

London, 24th February 2009: The MotorStorm® festival has ripped-up the Monument Valley desert, it’s obliterated everything that stood in its path on The Island, and now it’s set for a whole new challenge. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is delighted to announce that MotorStorm® Arctic Edge is set to arrive in Autumn 2009 for PAL territories and will be available on PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) and also on PlayStation®2.

Developed by award-winning Bigbig Studios, the team behind the best-selling Pursuit Force™ series, MotorStorm Arctic Edge sees the music, the festival and the brutal off-road racing arrive in the breathtaking yet lethal and unpredictable setting of Alaska. With temperatures plummeting, sudden avalanches, broken ice bridges, and three different racing altitudes, this is possibly the most inhospitable environment the MotorStormers have ever had to deal with. With grip at a premium, and in addition to the six existing classes from the original MotorStorm, two new vehicles have been introduced to combat the ice, the cold and the snow - the Snowcat and the Snow Machine. One has the power and size to blast through packed snow, whilst the other has the grip and pace to combat most of what the sub-zero conditions can throw at it.

MotorStorm Arctic Edge is great for single player action, online multiplayer or playing with friends; two to eight players can compete against each other wirelessly via Ad Hoc Mode on PSP. Alternatively, you can also compete via online multiplayer using Infrastructure Mode on PSP to make it to the summit of the online global leaderboards.

A further new introduction to the MotorStorm festival is personalisation of your vehicle class. Each vehicle in the game has a selection of different parts - for example wheels, exhausts, spoilers - liveries and stickers to choose from. Players can also create their own liveries from a set of base patterns and decals. There are so many combinations that each player could own a unique vehicle!

MotorStorm Arctic Edge comes exclusively to PSP and PlayStation 2 hot on the heels of the multi million selling titles MotorStorm and MotorStorm Pacific Rift.

The end of 2009 is going to be as cold and challenging as it gets. So lose your t-shirt and your shorts, keep hold of sunglasses and grab your thermals – it’s time to take a trip to the top of the world to see if you can conquer the most unwelcoming terrain the planet has to offer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Goldrusher said:
That's a lot of games in one press release.

PS3
Killzone 2
inFamous
MLB 09 The Show
MAG
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
God of War III
Flower
Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

Home
Warhawk Command Center

PSP
Assassin's Creed
LittleBigPlanet
Rock Band Unplugged
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Hannah Montana
Petz
Madden NFL 10
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

PS2
MotorStorm Arctic Edge

thank for the full list brotha

poor Fat Princess where are you Princess I have some tasty cakes for ya :C

wooha !! Ragdoll Kung Fu ?? I thought this was canceled

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Now they just need to announce localization of some of those mountains of Japanese titles they're sitting on :(

BoilersFan23 said:
I trust BigBig Studios because Pursuit Force games played pretty well control wise IMO. I believe (but could be wrong) they are close to Evolution Studios also.

bigbig is an evolution subsidiary, they were actually in the same building, before evolution (and bigbig) were moved into liverpool's building.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Madman said:
If it's so important for it to fill the screen, can't you just zoom the picture on your TV? It's going to be the same resolution no matter what. I don't see how that feature isn't what he is asking for.

Well, what I'm asking for, and have been for ages, is a common PSP/PSN software platform. So I can choose whether to play a game compiled to that profile on the go on a PSP, or at home at a higher resolution (+perhaps with other goodies too) on PS3.

Anyways, this is an old argument.. :)

Don

There are so many good games coming to psp now.

I kind of wish Rockstar would release a few more games for psp like either San Andreas Stories or a port of Bully. Also does anyone know what is happening with Beaterator? The official site still says coming soon, but it has been like that for a long time now. http://www.beaterator.com/

M3wThr33

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Are they serious? DLC for a handheld version? That's ridiculous.
Why?
Don said:
There are so many good games coming to psp now.

I kind of wish Rockstar would release a few more games for psp like either San Andreas Stories or a port of Bully. Also does anyone know what is happening with Beaterator? The official site still says coming soon, but it has been like that for a long time now. http://www.beaterator.com/
http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/1518.html
Just announced yesterday via an accidental posting on HMV's site.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh and I disagree with the price drop idea, since the DSi is the same price as the core pack, right? They really have no reason to cut it if people are still buying the system, and clearly they are.

Blueblur1

jjasper said:
Why? Launch titles had DLC.
I don't think there's a market for Rock Band portable DLC outside maybe 100 people. Why would you purchase any of that for a handheld when there's a perfect existing set-up on consoles?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kagari said:
Now they just need to announce localization of some of those mountains of Japanese titles they're sitting on :(
Where the fuck is Namaikida?!? :(

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:
It looks like low end CG.

look like it's from the PlayStation 2 version with some effect assets , PS2 should be lead version for the game if Bigbig want to do it right ya know .

Top Bottom