• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles Korean BBQ Meetup |OT| of AYCE Bulgogi (Feb. 4)

No Clydefrog for real? Updated the OT.

Can someone volunteer to pick up freshair from somewhere in Orange County.

Hey, -Babyteks-, Sherman Oaks/Studio city is on my way from Thousand Oaks (and back). Do you want me (and HP_Wuvcraft) to pick you up?

I can pick up and drop off freshair in OC but I needs the gas monayz because it's most likely somewhat out of my way depending on which part in OC.

freshair

Thanks for the offer!

I just realized that my appointment that day is at 3pm down in Garden Grove. Theoretically that should be enough time for me to head back up to LA afterwards, but it'll be cutting it close, assuming they actually fit me in promptly.

Confirm me for a +1 and I'll have a ride that day, assuming I make it in time. :D

Korey

Hopefully it doesn't end up like this:

anCUS.jpg

Iceman

Aw shit, I didn’t realize someone was relying on my carpool. I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to make it, but I’ll let you know if my plans change.

No, no. Sorry to freak you out. We didn't have anyone relying on you for a carpool yet. You're good. I apologize for my phrasing -- when I was updating the OT to account for all the various changes (inclusions & exclusions & carpools) I realized that we still hadn't found a ride for freshair or -Babyteks- (which again, I'm happy to do).

Good to hear that freshair can likely make it with a +1.. welp, have to update the OT again.

Hopefully it doesn't end up like this:

http://i.imgur.com/anCUS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

no that's exactly how you want it to turn out! we had a pretty good time, the ironic pic was part of the fun!

I wish we coulda had a "omg wtf kbbq" meme in here somewhere.

bluemax

Banned
This is going to be a colossal bust.

On the other hand if anyone isn't a total creeper and wants to do some karaoke, we're celebrating for my friend's birthday at the Speak Easy Cocktail in Santa Monica starting around 9pm.

Iceman

This is going to be a colossal bust.

On the other hand if anyone isn't a total creeper and wants to do some karaoke, we're celebrating for my friend's birthday at the Speak Easy Cocktail in Santa Monica starting around 9pm.

bluemax, do you know if you're going to be joining us?

this is gaf brah. i wouldn't be surprised if people go in cosplay.
japan-gaf would facepalm in that regard.

I doubt anyone would come in cosplay. I will personally tell them to go home, get changed, and then re-join us. Like a bad employee who didn't wear their uniform to work
(that happened to me once at a job, I quit on the spot because I had just got hired somewhere else. Did it in front of my boss and his boss, and all the other managers in the district right in the middle of a huge inventory counting event. Suckerrr

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So I'm not sure yet but I might need a ride .. I live in playa del rey, like five minutes from LAX. Any of the Gafmobiles going to be passing through? I won't kill you and I'll pay for gas..

so jelly of you guys, if you guys are going to drink soju. I suggest the stuff that comes in the liter plastic bottle with the woman on it, it tastes like water. Goes great with porkbelly.

zulfate

wow this got big real quick! lol

i am decent with chopsticks but atleast my meat does not fly.
so many people are going i am starting to think we shouldn't go to a restaurant anymore and just hit up a bar.

oh and another thing dont be shy just come up to me and say hi, i can talk about anything and everything

ps.please bring cash <------- everyones post should end with that!

Everyone that does not bring cash gets the honor of having a personal, individual consequence from me.

I will be analyzing you the entire night. Your hopes. Your fears.

What will befall you will be an orgy of devestation.

daw840

Mark my words, the last person to leave will end up with a large tab to pay. Always happens with parties that are big like this.

Zyzyxxz

Last time I was there the Menu Option A was $17 per person (Option B has a lot of choices but I don't think it's worth $25)

So with 8.25% tax and 15% tip each person should roughly come out to $21 (no tipping thread IRL plz?)

If we add alcohol at minimum we'll probably end up $25 per person but could easily go to $30 so that could get messy.

So I think it's safe to say $30 in cash will be fine but more is welcome and I'll probably bring a bunch of 1's and 5's since most people will probably not have exact change.

Last time I was there the Menu Option A was $17 per person (Option B has a lot of choices but I don't think it's worth $25)

So with 8.25% tax and 15% tip each person should roughly come out to $21 (no tipping thread IRL plz?)

If we add alcohol at minimum we'll probably end up $25 per person but could easily go to $30 so that could get messy.

So I think it's safe to say $30 in cash will be fine but more is welcome and I'll probably bring a bunch of 1's and 5's since most people will probably not have exact change.

The tipping is one of the main reasons I want to go.

ZiZ

Bacteria will improve your immune system and put some hair on your chest.

it's the kimchi itself that I'm worried about.

I don't mind using chopsticks, but out of curiosity, is there a reason why we shouldn't use forks?

Iceman

Is there an ATM nearby if people need to get more cash?

ATM locations near the restaurant

Bank of America
3045 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi NE

Chase Bank & ATM
3183 Wilshire Boulevard #199, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi N

Bankcard Services
3055 Wilshire Blvd # 3, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi NE

Shell
3201 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi NW

Wilshire State Bank
841 South Western Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi NW

California Bank & Trust
3250 Wilshire Blvd # 100, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi NW

Instrumental Savings
695 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 0.1 mi W

Retail Clerks Union
630 Shatto Pl # 200, Los Angeles, CA 0.2 mi N

Apex Ban Corp
695 South Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 0.1 mi W

Zyzyxxz

Bacteria will improve your immune system and put some hair on your chest.

it's the kimchi itself that I'm worried about.

I don't mind using chopsticks, but out of curiosity, is there a reason why we shouldn't use forks?

No reason in fact they will easily accommodate people with forks maybe just some people think "It's wrong to eat asian food with chopsticks" bullshit.

I've been using them since 3 years of age but I prefer a spoon most of the time unless I'm eating ramen.

Iceman

That is a lot of dudes

You know, I've found that there are often a lot of tables taken up by just women at these korean bbq places. I'm talking waifish, small asian women (usually young) for who knows what reason. If we're going to be playing musical chairs, you might just accidentally find yourself at the "wrong" table winkwinknudgenudge.

You know, I've found that there are often a lot of tables taken up by just women at these korean bbq places. I'm talking waifish, small asian women (usually young) for who knows what reason. If we're going to be playing musical chairs, you might just accidentally find yourself at the "wrong" table winkwinknudgenudge.

Just sit at their table, apologize for being late because parking sucked and then introduce yourself.

People should figure in parking costs as well; carpoolers should bring a couple extra dollars for their drivers. Unless they plan on buying dinner for their driver - that'd be nice too.

I've done these things where people derped out and were like... I'm not going to have enough for parking. Don't be that non-gender specific human being.

Top Bottom