• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Sphear announced (Square Enix/Tokyo RPG Factory, PC/PS4/Switch, $50, 2018)

Raven77

Man those graphics are.........bland.

Maybe the gameplay will make up for it but visually I have zero interest.

Definitely in, I was a big fan of Setsuna.

I'm not sure why everyone says the graphics look bad...it looks identical to Setsuna except without the snow everywhere hiding everything lol.

Definitely in, I was a big fan of Setsuna.

I'm not sure why everyone says the graphics look bad...it looks identical to Setsuna except without the snow everywhere hiding everything lol.
I guess it's more that I am Setsuna was the first game from the studio and this looks almost identical both artistically and technically. I was hoping for an improvement or at least a change in style personally.

HeelPower

Wasn't it a comparison between JRPGs? I mean if the comparison is with western action games, there is no comparison. Even FFXV and KH3 hardly "push" the PS4. Outside of the lighting, there is nothing the games do which can't be done on a PS3. Just look at GTAV or Uncharted.

Japanese games are cheap and all the developments are years behind in terms of practical experience.

A PS3/360 cannot push FFXV.

A PS3 most definitely can't run any of FFXV's summon sequences in real time. Especially not Ramuh's,for example.

LiK

Man, only available physically through SE Store eh? Preordered. I Am Setsuna for Switch is being sold way overpriced by scalpers now. Wish I picked that up.

Timeaisis

I like the look, but that trailer did nothing for me. Story trailers are only as interesting as the story, and this did not grab at all.

Combat looks like it's based on Setsuna's system, for better or worse. Hopefully they will make it a little more balanced. Art style seems hit or miss for me. Some of those shots were bland yet some were gorgeous. We'll see. I will give it a try since I liked Setsuna.

Instro

The description gives of a soulblazer feel.

I'm intersted.

Yeah I was just thinking that.

Was hoping for something better on the visual side, but if it's more varied and bigger in scope then I am in. Maybe the visuals, or at least the UI, will improve by release.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Rough UI, and I hope there's more to these characters. Looks alright. I'm in. Gotta support these classic RPG studios.

RDreamer

Looks interesting I suppose. I really want to give I Am Setsuna a shot but at this point I'd really only buy it for $30 on the Switch. I feel like I've waited so long I don't want to pay full price for it now. Hopefully they put it on sale or something soon.

muteki

I feel like there is this happy medium in graphic fidelity that I'd like to see in a throwback JRPG such as this, that Lost Sphear seems to be sitting a ways below for me.

Magnus

Sorry to be so critical, but wow...this looks like game that somehow had its art style subtracted from the final product. I feel like I'm looking a skeleton without its meat on it yet. So bare.

Not visually enticing at all. :(

NolbertoS

Buying th switch version, moving forward, Switch will be my JRPG machine. I'll only get PS4 JRPG exclusives. Glad Tokyo Factory giving Switch love

EDarkness

I totally enjoyed I Am Setsuna and I'm glad I picked it up. Looking forward to this, too. I don't want to be too critical because the game isn't coming out until next year. Not sure if I'll go physical or not, but we'll see. So far, I'm diggin' it.

Kasper

I was hoping Tokyo RPG Factory's next game would show some sort of growth in terms of the ambitions of the studio from I Am Setsuna to this, but it doesn't seem like that big of a leap, sadly. The story also sounds lame and overly melodramatic. I'll still give it a shot, but not before it's around 20 bucks most likely.

BigEmil

Yawn....
with the amount of people working there, I have no idea what function the studio has when their products are so soulless, low budget, and forgettable.

Sorry, but this just looks underwhelming as hell. And charging a premium for this is completely ridiculous.
Spot on

Peltz

I really dig the clean artstyle in this game. More games should strive for simple lighting like this.

It looks like a high-res Dreamcast game in a good way.

Shifty1897

50 bucks?!

...I guess they're trying to make up for the sales of I am Setsuna, which, given SE as a publisher, I'm sure was disappointing to them.

Rad-

Wasn't impressed with their first title and this doesn't look that much different. The price also seems really steep.

I loved I Am Setsuna, and this looks great as well.
Will be getting this Day 1 on Switch.

Between this, Setsuna, and Bravely Default, it seems Square-Enix has finally figured out how to make games that I enjoy again.

Mikey Jr.

I love JRPG, but I dunno, this and Setsuna seem so "lovey dovey".

Save the world through the power of LOVE!

Kind of lost interest already.

Top Bottom