• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is some of the best of Naughty Dog

Švejk

Found it to be lacking and somewhat boring. The open world map was so barron, hardly anything was worth exploring except the main areas. It was ayeet when compared to Nathan's trekking.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I know, it honestly gave me a very similar feeling to Uncharted 2 again. Uncharted 4 just played it way too safe with most of the locations.
Don't knock UC4, like I said I recently completed it again and it had some equally spectacular levels AND a lot more diversity of locales, the whole sunken ruined pirate city was incredible to explore and play through and that set piece with jeep down through the city.. fucking hell, insanely good..

semiconscious

Gold Member
i agree that lost legacy's an improvement over uncharted 4. but it's nowhere as good as either the original trilogy, or the last of us. i thought the chloe/nadine 'frenemy' thing was a bit too try hard, & the surprise 'guest appearance' of the all-time worst uncharted character of'm all, sam? ugh...

Varteras

Gold Member
m7fXkEU.gif

Great game. I liked uncharted 4 alot, but by the time I was done with it, I felt the franchise itself was just getting a little stale. I remember not being all that hyped for LL, and it was fucking awesome. Loved how they incorporated the semi open world type of map and made it shorter. Changed up the series just enough to make it feel more fresh, but then also didn't overstay it's welcome.

If I had to rank all the games, I would probably go:
2 > 4 = LL > 3 > 1

consoul

Nah, Lost Legacy is the worst ND game ever made.

Due to wokeness they removed the white male main stars Nate and Sully and replaced them by manlified and uglyfied non-white women
They didn't "remove" and "replace" white men in Lost Legacy. It's a side story that was never intended to star Nate & Sully.

Not every game that doesn't have a white male protag is some woke conspiracy. If they were so deadset on being woke, they wouldn't have hired Laura Bailey.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I reinstalled for proof

Look at this hunchbacked vegetable armed thing 🤣

WP6PIRR.jpeg

As soon as I saw this character model, (not even five minutes in, upon its initial release back in 2017) I dropped it immediately.

Chloe and Nadine were never strong enough to hold their own in some adventure to me anyway. It reeked of diversity checkboxes then and it still does now.

Didnt one of the devs say later on the choice to switch from Sam & Sully was a direct shot to male fans?

Last edited:

consoul

Didn't one of the devs say later on the choice to switch from Sam & Sully was a direct shot to male fans?
No.

Probably because there wasn't a switch from Sam & Sully.

If you've got a quote from Naughty Dog saying this was a Sam & Sully game and they switched it to women as a direct shot to male fans, let's fucking see it.

Last edited:

Fahdis

I reinstalled for proof

WP6PIRR.jpeg

As soon as I saw this character model, (not even five minutes in, upon its initial release back in 2017) I dropped it immediately.

Chloe and Nadine were never strong enough to hold their own in some adventure to me anyway. It reeked of diversity checkboxes then and it still does now.

Didnt one of the devs say later on the choice to switch from Sam & Sully was a direct shot to male fans?

Lmao, I have never seen someone as insecure as you 🤣😂

I reinstalled for proof

WP6PIRR.jpeg

Thats just a weird idle animation you silly goose. Unless you're very gay, I see 0 reasons why you'd avoid missing out on this

CA76F6AB66CFFC2492CA1FA615E98F1FB0A238E2

Woopah

Nah, Lost Legacy is the worst ND game ever made.

Due to wokeness they removed the white male main stars Nate and Sully and replaced them by manlified and uglyfied non-white women, plus all the men in the game are limited to be bad guys or dumb characters.

In addition to this, its story is the least appealing one of the Uncharted games. They should have kept it as just the DLC it originally was instead of promoting the project to a standalone game.
How would you make a none wokeness game staring the same characters?

simpatico

-Believable, almost living, breathing, characters

Believability levels were off the chart in this one. But hey this serves an audience who saw zero problem with Marlene leading a ruthless gang of post apocalyptic scavengers.

Last edited:
In regards to pacing it's arguably their best game next to Uncharted 2. Exploration was their but you could go quickly from A to B with very little forced walking sections if you want to. Played all their games recently from Uncharted 1 to Last of Us 2, and it was like fresh of breath air compared to Uncharted 4's uneven pacing and indulgent slow sequences. Sadly they seemed to back to it with Last of Us 2, which took filler to a whole new level. I would like their next game to have the complexity and ambition of the Last of Us 2 with the pacing of Lost Legacy. I know most people wouldn't be happy with a game with the length of Lost Legacy but even though I think it's fine, they could make their next game 2 to 3 hours longer but no more. These cinematic games do not lend themselves to being 16 hours+.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
No.

Probably because there wasn't a switch from Sam & Sully.

If you've got a quote from Naughty Dog saying this was a Sam & Sully game and they switched it to women as a direct shot to male fans, let's fucking see it.

Hence the question mark. I was asking, not stating.

I enjoyed it and it was nice to have chloe return, but I would have preferred if they focused on the original 3 characters. Doesn't feel like uncharted without drake, sully or elena. Don't like nadine and don't really care about Sam either.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Odd cope going on here. There's like one scene when she looks hunched because she's trying to keep a low profile and look small lol. That's not part of her model and proportions.

yurinka

How would you make a none wokeness game staring the same characters?
For the next Uncharted:

The daughter is investigating Atlantis (her playable during a 6th part of the game) and finds Sully, who is doing the same. He tells her stories of his begginings as treasure hunter and also his first adventures with Nate (Sully playable in flashbacks for a third of the game). They dissapear for a while, Nate and Elena think something went wrong goes to find and help them (Nate playable for a third of the game). At the end you have small portions playing as each one of them but mainly the daughter (a sixth part of the game).

As jokes the flashback gameplay includes Sully (and in smaller portion Nate) doing non-woke friendly stuff but Sully (as narrator voice) tells the story trying to use a modern woke-friendly language for a modern day teenager, also including some mistakes showing he didn't really adapt to the wokeness. Similar to what they did at the start of Kobra Kai.

The ethnicities of the npcs and most enemy characters would match the region of each location. In case of mercenaries, varied stuff. No "all bad guys/traitor characters are white males". No "hey I'm a LGTB character" forced scene (unless it's a joke about Sully talking about 'very friendly and welcoming Thai ladies' when talking about ladyboys). No "here's a long portion of some random NPC characters getting dialogs that adds nothing to the story and breaks the pace of the game just to have another check in the DEI woke censorship checklist".

No "I'm a stronger/smarter/faster/more talented/better/etc. than you" gotcha scene showing a woman is more capable than a man or a non-white more capable than a white. No weird pronouns or "inclusive" language. No "this character is removed / replaced / killed" as main character for being a white / heterosexual / male character to put a "more diverse" character on his place. Not uglified, not manlified female characters: let them be pretty, sexy, heterosexual (maybe with a husbando/male crush), have curves in their body, being emotional, unsecure, not the smartest / stronger / thoughest / etc one in town, let them liking to have a man helping/protecting them, etc.

Kat from Gravity Rush is a great female character. Chloe was cool in U2, but in Lost Legacy is instead Nate with a wig, and Nadine her black reskinned version.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I'd really love to see more Uncharted, even if it is more Nadine and Chloe. Hell.....I just want more Naughty Dog games in general. Been way too long.

Putting 1 at the bottom is an absolute travesty.

2 > 1 > Golden Abyss > 3 > Lost Legacy > 4.

4 will always be at the bottom because #1, it wasn't Amy's original version with Sam as the villain and #2, for some God forsaken reason they didn't bring Greg Edmonson back to do the final soundtrack which is disgusting.

Even if Greg Edmonson was asked and said no, Henry Jackman could have at least used the original themes. It ruins the entire experience.

Listen, I like Uncharted 4 a lot but it's not even close to the others. The only real things is does better is more free roam exploration, the gun play and the climbing mechanics. Not to mention the lack of awesome set pieces which they also skimped out on. LL did a MUCH better job with that too.
Regarding 1 being on my personal bottom, as much as I liked the characters, the gameplay was so fucking bare bones that I can't imagine playing it ever again in my life. I'm glad it was only like 6 hours long, because it's limited gameplay had completely run its course by the end.

Regarding Sam, agree to disagree. I loved him. I felt like he fit perfectly in the Drake family. And as an older brother, I related to him and Nate's relationship more than any other relationship in the series, besides Nate and Elena. I could not imagine him as the villain.

Regarding the soundtrack, agree to disagree. UC4 is my favorite soundtrack of the series.

Regarding 4 having the best in free roam, gunplay, and climbing, I agree. Which is why it's the only UC game I've played through more than twice. Because it has the best gameplay.

Woopah

For the next Uncharted:

The daughter is investigating Atlantis (her playable during a 6th part of the game) and finds Sully, who is doing the same. He tells her stories of his begginings as treasure hunter and also his first adventures with Nate (Sully playable in flashbacks for a third of the game). They dissapear for a while, Nate and Elena think something went wrong goes to find and help them (Nate playable for a third of the game). At the end you have small portions playing as each one of them but mainly the daughter (a sixth part of the game).

As jokes the flashback gameplay includes Sully (and in smaller portion Nate) doing non-woke friendly stuff but Sully (as narrator voice) tells the story trying to use a modern woke-friendly language for a modern day teenager, also including some mistakes showing he didn't really adapt to the wokeness. Similar to what they did at the start of Kobra Kai.

The ethnicities of the npcs and most enemy characters would match the region of each location. In case of mercenaries, varied stuff. No "all bad guys/traitor characters are white males". No "hey I'm a LGTB character" forced scene (unless it's a joke about Sully talking about 'very friendly and welcoming Thai ladies' when talking about ladyboys). No "here's a long portion of some random NPC characters getting dialogs that adds nothing to the story and breaks the pace of the game just to have another check in the DEI woke censorship checklist".

No "I'm a stronger/smarter/faster/more talented/better/etc. than you" gotcha scene showing a woman is more capable than a man or a non-white more capable than a white. No weird pronouns or "inclusive" language. No "this character is removed / replaced / killed" as main character for being a white / heterosexual / male character to put a "more diverse" character on his place. Not uglified, not manlified female characters: let them be pretty, sexy, heterosexual (maybe with a husbando/male crush), have curves in their body, being emotional, unsecure, not the smartest / stronger / thoughest / etc one in town, let them liking to have a man helping/protecting them, etc.

Kat from Gravity Rush is a great female character. Chloe was cool in U2, but in Lost Legacy is instead Nate with a wig, and Nadine her black reskinned version.
Thank you for the details.

I disagree that Chloe and Nadine are ugly Nate copies. They are normal looking people with their own flaws and character arcs.

Plus Lost Legacy avoids a lot of the other things you talk about. Not all the villains are white men, there's no random npc dialoyge, the mentions of sexuality aren't noticeably different from how sexuality was handled in previous games, and we see Nadine being saved by a white man.

For a potential Uncharted 5, I think it's completely fine for Cassie to be the only playable character. You could still have Nate and Elena being the people she calls for advice.

yurinka

Thank you for the details.

I disagree that Chloe and Nadine are ugly Nate copies. They are normal looking people with their own flaws and character arcs.

Plus Lost Legacy avoids a lot of the other things you talk about. Not all the villains are white men, there's no random npc dialoyge, the mentions of sexuality aren't noticeably different from how sexuality was handled in previous games, and we see Nadine being saved by a white man.

For a potential Uncharted 5, I think it's completely fine for Cassie to be the only playable character. You could still have Nate and Elena being the people she calls for advice.
Yep, I made a list of typical woke stuff. I didn't mean that Lost Legacy included all of them, many are from other games like TLOU2.

SSfox

Yeah it's amazing, i like the pacing even more than 4. I would have rather Sully or Elena than nobody Nadine tho, but Chloe is so cool. If it wasn't about the lack of Nathan sully and Elena I'd rate this game higher than u4.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
It's ok to be gay, man

00005-2513354729.jpeg

Ugly non-white women? First of all Indian women are hot AF, second she's half and half anyway
It's nice to feel welcome on this site, thanks. People need to not believe everything they see / read online especially that red pill youtube shite. I'm a big bender and guess what I laugh at gay jokes / words and I'm not obsessed with my sexuality or proliferating it or gay values to others. In short gay people are just like straight guys except we like dick and we're certainly not like those resetera types. Those are mentally ill... not like 99% of gay / bi / trans people in the real World.

U4 is my favorite in the series. Best shooting / climbing mechanics, good story / cut scenes, amazing visuals and crazy big set pieces.

Last edited:

Woopah

Yep, I made a list of typical woke stuff. I didn't mean that Lost Legacy included all of them, many are from other games like TLOU2.
Makes sense!

I think gaming is now much better at including different type of people than it used to be, but it needs to be done in a non-token way. That's the trap to be avoided.

Top Bottom