• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

SalvaPot

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Any
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): He
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Crazy
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Fluctuating
Timezone / location: Pacific Time.
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): AC (Lynched Day 3), Danganrompa (Killed Night 2), NX (Died Day 3), Election (Lasted until the end)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Great OP yn. Again, apologies for my absence - still a week and a bit left before I'm back so I will refrain from signing up just yet. Lots of exciting looking games.

<3

This seems amusingly hypocritical, given what happened in game 1

Granted, I didn't follow any of the newer threads because that was a fuckton of effort christ

it's ok, you only need to read through the first day to know what happened

granted NX was special cause the first day was 41 pages or something and two posters hit the 1000 posts mark (new people, don't worry, we have guidelines on crazy stupid numbers of posts now)

Great OP yn. Again, apologies for my absence - still a week and a bit left before I'm back so I will refrain from signing up just yet. Lots of exciting looking games.

your return will be hailed from town to town by all the townies, from hogwarts to avalon, from all the lovers' tunnels to the deep depths of the deepest nightest of vales, and we shall shed tears of joy and glory

then we will lynch u d1

Wait do I have to resign up for this ._. ...Oh whatever.

Game nominations: Anything
Pronoun: She
Play style preference: I misunderstood this question. Anything but Bastard.
Self-assessed activity level: Medium
Timezone / location: EST
Returning Player or New: Returning ( I guess? Gaf Mafia was Offseason, right?). Only played GafMafia, survived to the end.

StarSketch! Glad to see you! You were in a real tough spot in the GAFIA game, between your role and being thrown in with a group of veterans, and all in a bastard game, no less. You did really well with the cards you were dealt. You should have no problem playing in a normal season game.

Sophia

StarSketch! Glad to see you! You were in a real tough spot in the GAFIA game, between your role and being thrown in with a group of veterans, and all in a bastard game, no less. You did really well with the cards you were dealt. You should have no problem playing in a normal season game.

Doooon't worry! As her fellow PersonaGAF member, I'll make sure she's in good hands!

1-165-monokuma6esva.png

kay the player roster is now updated with priority weighted scores in descending order ... probably list will continue to reshuffle as more returning people resigning up.... but yeah, looks like we'll need more people to sign up if we want to run three games in S4

:3

so far, total is 42

~ * magical number * ~

Will selected Participants be given PMs or just be quoted in this thread or another thread
I'm new and I don't know anything
Help

Swamped

Banned
Will selected Participants be given PMs or just be quoted in this thread or another thread
Help

You will be PMed once the games begin and the game threads go up. I don't think we'll be starting for another couple of weeks or so though.

Don't worry, you won't miss any of the excitement ^^

Edit: yeeny, are there still people from last season's waiting list? If so, we should PM them to let them know a new round of recruitment is going on

Sorian

Banned
Help

Yup, as Swamped said above me, you'll get a PM once really important things start happening but if you hang around this thread every once in awhile, you'll eventually see it turn from a recruitment thread to a general mafia hang out thread.

FluxWaveZ

I guess a couple of questions:

1. I thought I remembered talk of some chat room mafia/scum players used to secretly confer with each other. Is that the case, or is communication through GAF PMs?
2. I assume that scum can only secretly talk to each other during the night phase and not during the day phase?

Fireblend

Banned
I guess a couple of questions:

1. I thought I remembered talk of some chat room mafia/scum players used to secretly confer with each other. Is that the case, or is communication through GAF PMs?
2. I assume that scum can only secretly talk to each other during the night phase and not during the day phase?

1. We used to create Quicktopic threads to work as secret chats in which mafia members could talk. Now I think those are probably going to be hosted on Outer Gafia, a board Retro created for that purpose (and for hosting smaller games and other stuff)

2. I don't know if any game has been an exception, but in all of the games I've seen mafia can communicate with no time restriction (during the day phase too).

FluxWaveZ

1. We used to create Quicktopic threads to work as secret chats in which mafia members could talk. Now I think those are probably going to be hosted on Outer Gafia, a board Retro created for that purpose (and for hosting smaller games and other stuff)

2. I don't know if any game has been an exception, but in all of the games I've seen mafia can communicate with no time restriction (during the day phase too).

Thank you. For some reason I thought that mafia players could only communicate strictly between each other at night; interesting to hear that isn't the case.

Sorian

Banned
Thank you. For some reason I thought that mafia players could only communicate strictly between each other at night; interesting to hear that isn't the case.

Depends on the community. You would be correct in that the default state is that mafia can only talk at night.

FluxWaveZ

Depends on the community. You would be correct in that the default state is that mafia can only talk at night.

Ah, that must be why.

One more question: I know it's "okay" to hint at a power role you might have&#8212;especially to avoid a lynching&#8212;but is it generally against the rules for a player to completely lie that they have a specific power role they don't actually have, or is that just par for the course?

Like, let's say there was a game set up where the power roles were initially unknown. A town player is starting to get a bunch of votes, so they come out and lie that they have a power role that makes them immune to dying during a day phase by getting the most votes.

cabot

Ah, that must be why.

One more question: I know it's "okay" to hint at a power role you might have—especially to avoid a lynching—but is it generally against the rules for a player to completely lie that they have a specific power role they don't actually have, or is that just par for the course?

Like, let's say there was a game set up where the power roles were initially unknown. A town player is starting to get a bunch of votes, so they come out and lie that they have a power role that makes them immune to dying during a day phase by getting the most votes.

There's no rules on lying and gambits, the only real exception is using real life as an excuse for a particular way of playing. Nothing is set in stone, but it's generally frowned upon if you lie about RL circumstances to help your position in game.

We set a rabid roytheone loose on those people.

Sorian

Banned
Ah, that must be why.

One more question: I know it's "okay" to hint at a power role you might have—especially to avoid a lynching—but is it generally against the rules for a player to completely lie that they have a specific power role they don't actually have, or is that just par for the course?

You can lie however you'd like about what your role is. The only real rule on the matter (aside from pretending life got busy when it really didn't as cabot said) is that you should never post direct quotes from your role PM or post screenshots of any sort whether real or altered. Think of it like writing a paper for school, no direct plagiarism but it's ok once its in your own words.

As far as real life obligations, we kind of run that on the honor system. If something comes up that diverts your attention for a short amount of time, we usually give the benefit of the doubt and go after someone else for the period that you are indisposed but in return, we ask that you don't use that as a crutch or excuse to keep avoiding getting lynched during the day phase.

FluxWaveZ

There's no rules on lying and gambits, the only real exception is using real life as an excuse for a particular way of playing. Nothing is set in stone, but it's generally frowned upon if you lie about RL circumstances to help your position in game.

Nice, thanks. I think I've got the gist of it all; looking forward to participating.

You can lie however you'd like about what your role is. The only real rule on the matter (aside from pretending life got busy when it really didn't as cabot said) is that you should never post direct quotes from your role PM or post screenshots of any sort whether real or altered. Think of it like writing a paper for school, no direct plagiarism but it's ok once its in your own words.

Got it.

roytheone

Me and you buddy. We just love being bottoms.

When I do get in a game and you guys not, I will make sure to think of you
and laugh my ass of that I am playing and you are not!

Ah, that must be why.

Trust me, in this community you WILL see people tell the most insane lies about their power roles. 5 times lightning rod that is night kill immune? seen it. Cate Archer from no one lives forever in a game which theme has absolutely nothing to do with that? Old news. Those moments are often the most funny moments in a game!

But....

If you do this:

Rabid-dog.gif

You=ball

Timeaisis

In as usual. Boooom!

Game nominations Ye Old Standard, Night Vale, Super Mario
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium / Fluctuating
Timezone / location: CentralTime.
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to) Yep.: Cthulhu (Lynched early-ish, but I was mafia), NX (Lynched on Day 6?),

Palmer_v1

In as usual. Boooom!

Game nominations Ye Old Standard, Night Vale, Super Mario
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): Normal
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): Medium / Fluctuating
Timezone / location: CentralTime.
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to) Yep.: Cthulhu (Lynched early-ish, but I was mafia), NX (Lynched on Day 6?),

Where is batsnacks? Did we ruin him?

Top Bottom