• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Make your predictions for 2015 in video gaming

1. 2015 will not be anywhere good as 2014.

2. Torment will be delayed to 2016.

3. Witcher 3 will be delayed again(but will still end up a great game),but I wouldn't mind so much because:

4. Pillars of eternity will be one of the two best RPGs to come out in the last decade.

I have a very hard time understanding how you could have that sort of opinion looking at the ridiculous lineup of 2015. But .... to each their own ... I guess.

-Yoshis Wooly World and Mario Maker wont see release till around May/June. Splatoon will likely be pushed to August and Zelda will be put into jeopardy in regards to whether or not it will release or if X is gonna take it's place.
-MM3D will be released somewhere in-between March and June. It'll be received well, but fans will complain that it's not as "dark", "mysterious", or "artistic" as the original.
-Will see both Animal Crossing and something Metroid related at E3. Ac will look good, but will most likely just be NLHD, Metroid is going to cause arguments of some kind (Nintendo will probably only reveal the 3DS one.)
-There will be no playable 3D Mario, remake or not, this year, but if the Wii U is following the Wiis life cycle than we might see something at E3.
-Wooly World will be "too easy" Mario Maker will be "too simple" and Splatoon will not sell well. X, assuming it releases will be praised.
-Whether it releases or not, Zelda U will cause arguments of some kind. Assuming it does, it'll be reviewed well and most likely regarded as absolutely amazing, and "the best Zelda since X." Fans will complain about the overworld or the gameplay and the game will never live up to the ridiculous dreams of the fans. Likewise, people will complain that it didn't change enough, which will cause arguments. Link will get his tunic with no customization, people will complain, this will cause even more arguments about Link. The game will have optional motion control and a playable Zelda however, so hopefully the arguments will die down in that regard, and we can finally stop trying to change a 30 year old character. Game will most likely not support Amiibos, and if it does it'll be something incredibly small. E3 trailer will be pretty good.
-No sight of Paper Mario Wii U.
-3DS will be somewhat barren.
-E3 will be somewhat mediocre.
-We won't see another direct for quite a while.
-There wont be any other DLC for Smash outside of Mewtwo, the DLC for MK will be pretty good though.

-The next Sonic game will not be Generations 2, so fans will immediately assume that it's terrible, it'll end up being ok, but not great.
-There will be no Crash revival, the series is dead.
-TLG will not be at E3, but FF15 will be.

delSai

SFV is getting an awesome cast
E3 and so on this year are going to be better than most of the past
New KOF, probably Maximum Impact announced
Microsoft wil get me to buy a Xbone
Way less games are broken, way more will live up to hype
Let it die will be my most played game

system11

I have lots.

1) More backlash against the SJW riddled gaming media. Things will get ugly. Oh and I don't mean imbeciles sending fake death threats or harassing people via Twitter, I mean a bigger disconnect between media and audience.

2) Nintendo to announce Wii-U successor for Fall 2016.

3) VR will still be niche and nobody will care about it outside of NeoGAF.

4) Sony to announce cancellation of Last Guardian after no-show at E3.

5) Microsoft to announce more moneyhat exclusives, particularly in Japan where it can only cause disruption and ruination of niche developers.

6) Titanfall 2 - full exclusive, E3 reveal. I really can see MS digging deep out of pride alone. Internet melts down momentarily.

7) No Mans Sky - Sony pull a "and you can download it starting right now" at E3.

8) Absolutely no word on Gran Turismo for PS4.

9) Ubisoft to release more broken games (needed a safe bet so I'm not 10/10 wrong).

10) Neptunia Victory II to hit PS4 in US/EU before Christmas - resulting influx of happy fuzzy joy ends all wars and leads to world peace. Compile Hearts take over UN, major religions formed around CPU candidates. Creatures that look like deformed fish seen walking the earth.

I have a very hard time understanding how you could have that sort of opinion looking at the ridiculous lineup of 2015. But .... to each their own ... I guess.

While 2015 does look impressive,but 2014 is probably the best year in the current century, it will be very hard to top.

Sony will announce 20 million sold worldwide before March. MS will respond saying they're happy with current sales just before announcing a new price of $250 with a choice of three games free.

Javin98

Banned
Some of my more reasonable predictions:
1) Sony reduces the price of the PS4 to $299 by October and include Uncharted 4 into a bundle for the same price during the holiday period.

2) Microsoft drops the price of the XBox One to $250 with two games as a bundle for the holiday period.

3) The PS4 will dominate worldwide and reclaim the 1.1M lead in the US by April and further extend its lead.

4) The Order 1886 will be critically and commercially successful (high 70s to mid 80s on Meta)

5) Bloodborne, Batman:Arkham Knight and MGSV will live up to the hype and could be GOTY contenders.

6) Uncharted 4 will sell extremely well and its reviews will be close to, if not as good as Uncharted 2. The visual fidelity will be as good as the reveal trailer.

7) God Of War 4(or whatever it's called) will be announced in March to celebrate the series's 10th year anniversary and a trailer released at E3.

8) Red Dead Redemption 2 gets announced with a trailer at E3 with a release date somewhere in 2016.

9) The Last Of Us 2 gets a reveal trailer at PSX 2015.

10) Halo 5 will get similar reviews as Halo 4 but will sell worse than its predecessors because of the bad word of mouth of Halo:MCC

Some optimistic predictions:
1) PS4 will reach 40 million sold through while the XBox One will sell ~18.5 million

2) The Last Guardian gets reannounced as a PS4 exclusive with a new trailer

3) Agent gets announced as a PS4 exclusive

4) Tekken 7 releases on consoles in Q4 2015

yuraya

-Kojima will announce new legacy collection for PS4/XO/PC. It will include MGS4.
-MGSV won't come out in 2015.
-Square Enix will release FF, FF6 (mobile version) and FFX on Steam.
-Square Enix will announce old Kingdom Hearts games for PS4/XO/Steam
-Square Enix will announce FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 for Steam.
-SEGA will release Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Resonance of Fate on Steam.
-Capcom will release Dragons Dogma on PS4/XO/Steam.
-Uncharted 4 and Halo 5 will be delayed to 2016.
-Witcher 3 will be delayed to 2016.
-Quantum Break will be delayed to 2016.
-New AssCreed will be delayed to 2016.
-Watch Dogs 2 will replace AssCreed for the fall release date slot.
-Bethesda will tease nothing new related to Fallout or Elder.
-Doom 4 and Silent Hills will release end of 2015.
-Ubisoft will announce AssCreed collection for PS4/XO
-Activision will announce COD collection for PS4/XO
-EA will announce Mass Effect collection for PS4/XO
-Capcom will announce RE collection on PS4/XO.
-Star Citizen funding will reach 100 million.
-EA/Bioware will unveil new Star Wars RPG.
-Electronic Arts will buy Take-Two Interactive.
-Valve will tease Half Life 3 and new engine at E3. The tease will be mysterious.

Papacheeks

Banned
  • The Witcher 3 will be a success for fans but will not meet press expectations.
  • PS4 will have a price cut of 349 and a fall bundle with Morpheous for 499.
  • Morpheous will be the focus of E3 2015 and sony will show No man's Sky, (Leaked Spanish Game), Adrift and couple other's running on Morpheus all launch titles.
  • Uncharted 4 will be late November December release and will show Multiplayer at E3 will turn heads
  • Bloodbourne will be a commercial success and all future FROM sotfware titles will remain exclusive to PS4.
  • The order will get "OK" reviews but be divided among players and Press. But will get a sequel and have added single player modes and possible co-op months after it's release.
  • Sony will have a great year,
  • Quantumn Break will get a lot of flak for felling too much like Max payne with time abilities, it wont be as popular as Alan Wake and will get bundled during fall that will kill it's sales.
  • Halo 5 will be good, but the community will be divided.
  • Fable LEGENDS will finally kill the franchise
  • Forza won't sell as much as previous
  • Ubisoft will be getting more flak for their output
  • Battlefield hardline wont sell
  • Indie games will sell more in 2015, Tomorrow children will do well as will Grim Fandando, Ori
  • Microsoft is going to have another front loaded fall and dependingnon if they go Assassins creed again wont sell as many bundles during fire sale, I see Halo 5 being sold with system at huge loss
  • Microsoft will announce Rare's new game at E3, Gears of war HD collection, and show scalebound, and possibley crack down, both 2016 games.
  • Wii U will continue to be irrelevant in sales, and Amiibo's will still be collectibles instead of working with a dedicated game like Disney's infinity.
  • Nintendo will announce 3DS successor, and get shit for it since they just released a revision.
  • Zelda will get pushed to 2016 or be a late 2015 and be a open world with nothing to do outside of dungeons.
  • Final Fantuasy will be a 2015 game and release on Playstation First or get delayed.
  • Nintendo won't have anything for 2015 outside of splatoon and X chronicles
  • Valve will show Source 2 and new Game running on it at Gamescom.

reKon

Banned
Uncharted 4 will combine the best aspects of TLoU gameplay to create one of the most dynamic and fun TPS's ever created only rivaled by MGS V.

baterism

Major Japanese publishers finally catch the PC train.

Nvidia show off handheld sized Steam Box.

Source 2 officially announced along with L4D3 to be released on the same year.

Kriken

The Last Guardian will continue to be brought up by everyone except Sony
XB1 will receive a permanent price drop in either February or March
Wii U will receive a $100 price drop before November
Remake announcements for KH 1.5 and 2.5 will be made when SE announces KH3 and FFXV for PC
And we'll see both God of War and Gears of War at E3 in the form of remakes and/or new games

Kandinsky

DQXI and Monster Hunter 5 both for PSV/3/4 and I will be in heaven.

DQXI will also be on WiiU btw, but who cares?!?

Ondore

PS3
- Persona 5 either releases in December in North America or slips to 2016
- Buoyed by the success of Yakuza 4/5 on PSN, Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza 3 also come to PSN before the end of the year, meaning there are no meaningful disc-only PS3 games left that don't start with "Kingdom Hearts".

Wii U
- Xenoblade Chronicles X launches in October in NA/EU, Zelda Wii U in November. Both split potential GOTY votes.
- Mario Maker triples Little Big Planet 3's sales in a comparable time frame in NA

3DS
- New 3DS launches day and date with Codename STEAM (March 13 in NA), Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate hits the same day
- A new Pokemon main series game is announced, but will not release in 2015 because they need a main game for the 20th anniversary. Pokemon fans make do with Pokken and Great Detective Pikachu.

Vita
- The memory situation will not change, you'll still have to import 64GB cards from Japan.
- Sony's 1st party lineup for the Vita in NA consists of The Show 15, Oreshika and *crickets*

Xbox One
- At some point during the year, a Microsoft executive will outright deny a spinoff/sale/shutdown of the Entertainment and Devices division is happening.

PS4
- Type-0 will be a critical darling, but a sales bomb (in Square's eyes) to the point that they're selling versions with the XV demo for $20 on Black Friday.

PC
- There will be no Steamboxes released in 2014, and nobody will blame Valve.

Square Enix will replace Ubisoft as worst publisher of the year.
Uncharted will be a great game but players and press will be dissapointed on how short it feels compared to The Last of Us. Since then, Naughty Dog will have to face the stigma of not being able to make a game to live up ot The Last of Us.
Xenoblade X will be delayed.
Mass Effect trilogy on PS4 and X1
ROTR will suffer due to crossgen when compared to Uncharted and other nextgen only titles.
No man's Sky will flop critically

1. Uncharted 4 will have an E3 presentation that will rival that of Uncharted 2 in terms of its impact.

2. Uncharted 4 will receive more GOTY awards than any other game in 2015.

3. The Last Guardian will be reintroduced on the PS4 at E3.

4. The Order 1886 will be panned critically, but the ones that do buy it will find its better than what RAD led them to believe with the terrible marketing.

5. Final Fantasy VII on the PS4 will be one of the highest selling digital games of the year.

6. Guerrilla's new game will be revealed.

7. Kingdom Hearts Collection will be announced for current gen consoles.

8. There will be another PSX.

AngryMoth

My big hope/prediction for 2015 is that it will be one of the best years in recent memory, like 2007/2011 level. 2014 has been very unremarkable imo but there are so many great looking games slated for next year.

Euron

Delays, disappointment, and broken releases: the same exact things that hurt 2014. Say what you want about 2014 but at least we got Dragon Age, Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Shadow of Mordor, South Park, Sunset Overdrive, and more this year, all of which lived up to the hype and even surpassed expectations. The only games that I'm sure will both release in 2015 AND deliver are Uncharted 4, MGS5, and hopefully Bloodborne.

I feel that a bunch of games will underwhelm just like this year (Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, The Order, Battlefield Hardline, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Evolve, and possibly Batman) and most games that people are looking forward to will be pushed to 2016 or were never 2015 releases in the first place (The Division, Zelda Wii U, Final Fantasy XV, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect Contact, Red Dead 3, Quantum Break, Crackdown, Phantom Dust, Rare's Next Game that is hopefully Banjo, Fallout 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, Cyberpunk, Doom 4, Scalebound, Rime, Mirror's Edge, and more). Or things will just be flatout broken at release like Unity, Driveclub, and the MCC were this year.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Battlefront will be the surprise GOTY.

The Last Guardian will be confirmed for a 2016 PS4 release

Halo 5 and Bloodborne will be good but disappointing. No Mans Sky will be awful.

MS will buy another high profile exclusive

AC: Victory will be the best game in the series.

Zelda Wii-U will be delayed till late 2016

Visceral's Star Wars game will be very Uncharted-esque.

The PS4 will outsell the XB1 every month until a price drop in September. PS4 will drop to $350 in October

Wensih

The gamergate movement will be succeeded by the gamerfence movement, trying to keep women and minority groups from peeing in the community pool.

-Zelda WiiU will not come out in 2015

-The Order will be an extremely linear and shallow 6 hour game that disappoints many

-Uncharted 4 will be great, but not as well-received as TLOU

-Bloodborne will attract people that haven't played previous Souls games. Hardcore fans will be somewhat disappointed in it. It'll still be a very good game, just not as deep as previous entries.

-The Division will do Destiny better than Destiny did Destiny. It'll surprise a lot of people in how good it is.

-No Man's Sky will be 'kinda neat', but disappoint many that had staggering expectations.

-TellTale Minecraft game will sell millions and millions- more than all previous Telltale games combined.

Valve have 2 boots at gdc?

Obviously one for half life 3 + team fortress 3 and the other for portal 3 + left4dead 3
They also renamed source 2 to source 3 because 3

my predictions:
-the division will be downgraded, a lot, it'll also be a drm laden chorefest like their other games

-nintendo: new console and a new handheld announced, they both play the same games and share a library, full BC with wii U

-EA release their battlefield cops and robbers mod, it'll be even more broken and buggy than bf4, the netcode will still suck ass

-valve: they'll talk about source 2 and show a new game

-valve will cancel their stupid steam controller

FaintDeftone

I think Zelda will definitely come out this year. From what we've seen recently, the game seems to be pretty far along. I'm sure they have a lot more in store than what they've showed us too. E3 will be big for this one.

Rösti;145098832 said:
The Legend of Zelda for Wii U WON'T be released in 2015

Tom Clancy's The Division will fail to impress
I agree with these two.

Some of mine:
Ubisoft has not learned lesson, released buggy AAA game.

New Xbox One redesign.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Sayers

Shu will say that The Last Guardian is progressing well but that is not ready to be shown yet. "Sorry."

No Man's Sky will fail to live up to the insane expectations that have been placed on it.

Witcher 3 will also fail to meet expectations and will mark the end of gamers' love affair with CDPR.

Zelda won't come out in 2015.

The games press will continue to say "if Sony doesn't do X and Y they are going to lose to MS," while continuing to ignore all evidence to the contrary.

In a similar vein, the press will roll their eyes and complain about "another Uncharted" and "another God of War" while jerking off to the next Halo and Gears of War.

The Order will be a gorgeous but terrible game.

Valve will continue to show no interest in Half Life while fans insist they must be working on HL3 and that it will surely be announced next year.

Everyone will suddenly realize the Xbox 1 and PS4 are basically the same as PCs but with inferior games selections, control methods, resolutions, performance, adaptability, versatility, networking and file management features and that Nintendo's Wii U is the only console worth owning because of it's excellent exclusive games.

Oh, are talking about what will happen or what we wish would happen? :p

magnumpy

well 2015 will be the year of VR. the Rift is supposed to come out (officially, as a retail product) around June-July time. and then their's Morpheus; no firm release date for that yet but I bet it's coming sometime in 2015. and then their's the rumored VR headset from MS, even less is known about that but I have a feeling it will be sometime in 2015 because MS won't want to be left behind. should be a good year!

Microsoft
  • Rare's new game is Banjo-Threeie for Xbox One. It will be shown at E3 with a projected release date of 2016.
  • The Xbox One returns to $350 shortly after E3 for a summer sale.
  • Microsoft gives a small effort to boost Kinect's popularity with some E3 announcements, but the peripheral continues to fade into the background of their plans.
  • MS Snags another Tomb Raider-esque exclusive, this time from a Japanese developer.
  • Halo 5 is met with critical and commercial acclaim, but the fanbase is divided about some of the mechanical changes and attempts to "modernize" the shooter franchise
  • Xbone will continue to sell less than PS4, but still have solid sales when the year ends.
Sony
  • The most we will get about The Last Guardian is a someone at E3 saying "the game is in full development."
  • The PS4 will get a $50 price drop by the end of the year.
  • Sony will slowly start to phase out the Vita in the west by the end of the year.
  • Sony gets another Street Fighter V-esque exclusive.
  • A significant amount of new PlayStation Now content will be announced at E3
  • Sony Santa Monica's God of War project will be teased at E3. It will feature a new protagonist and a different mythology (my money is on Norse or Egyption gods).
  • Nothing new will be publically announced on the Crash Bandicoot front, but some steps will be taken internally to convince Activision to allow Sony to co-publish a Crash game developed by one of their subsidiaries.
  • PS4 will continue to be the best-selling console.
Nintendo
  • Zelda releases in November. It takes place in Wind Waker's timeline. The game features both Ganon and a new villain, although Ganon's appearance isn't as abrupt as in other games.
  • Pokemon Z is announced and features New 3DS functionality.
  • The Wii U will get a permanent $50 price cut.
  • A new, slimmer Wii U Mini with a smaller gamepad will be announced.
  • Metroid Wii U will be announced and developed by Retro. Projected release date: 2016.
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will be quietly cancelled.
  • Nintendo will announce a new, amiibo-centric, Skylanders-esque adventure game combining multiple properties. It will be their most advertised game in years and will release holiday 2015.
  • Nintendo will drop more hints about its next console.
  • Iwata will stay.
  • Wii U will do slightly better than last year thanks to Zelda, the Amiibo game, and the continued success of Smash Bros., but will ultimately be the worst-selling console of the Big Three by a sizeable margin.
Third Parties
  • Fallout 4 will be announced at the VGAs. Xbone, PS4, PC.
  • Resident Evil 7 will be announced for Xbone and PS4.
  • Devil May Cry 5 will be announced for PS4 and Xbone.
  • MGSV will get slightly lower review scores than previous MGS games, but will not be a bomb by any stretch of the imagination. Will feature an end-game dialogue with Solid Snake (Kiefer Sutherland) and Big Boss (Richard Doyle), hinting at a MG1 remake.
  • Watch Dogs 2 will be announced for PS4, Xbone, and PC.
  • 2015's Wii U third-party support will be practically nonexistant.
  • We will see far fewer cross-gen games as the year continues.
  • A new Sonic Team developed Sonic game for the current generation of consoles will be revealed.

FluxWaveZ

Everyone will suddenly realize the Xbox 1 and PS4 are basically the same as PCs but with inferior games selections, control methods, resolutions, performance, adaptability, versatility, networking and file management features and that Nintendo's Wii U is the only console worth owning because of it's excellent exclusive games.

Oh, are talking about what will happen or what we wish would happen? :p

This is kind of sad.

Mooreberg

01. PS4 and Xbox One hit $299.99 around E3.
02. Rainbow Six Siege is delayed to 2016. Watch Dogs and The Division were complete hot air in terms of release date announcements, and this will be too.
03. Ubisoft shows off a new game at E3 saying it will be out in 2016 even though everyone with a shred of common sense knows that is not the case. Lacking even a shred of common sense, the gaming press goes wild over this game.
04. Ubisoft and EA publish broken games. Patches sizes continue to be ridiculous.
05. Games with better reviews than earlier releases in the hardware cycle end up selling worse due to so many games being delayed into an overcrowded 2015.
06. Vague confirmation that Nintendo's next hardware is an ARM based platform that is both portable and will connect to TVs.
07. People keep talking about VR, but there will still be no major consumer product release.
08. App store model continues to benefit only companies with large app install campaigns.
09. Gaming media continues to act as if free games are some kind of logical measuring stick for products that people actually pay for.
10. Routine NeoGAF 404's during E3. :)

Molemitts

Danganronpa 3 gets announced for Vita/PS4 and is localized by Winter 2014.
It will be amazing.
I think Zelda will definitely come out this year. From what we've seen recently, the game seems to be pretty far along. I'm sure they have a lot more in store than what they've showed us too. E3 will be big for this one.

Well, they better hurry if they want to get them out in the next 2 days. :p

Lots of money will be spent on games.

Console wars will continue.

Lizard Squad will get arrested and replaced with new angsty teenagers.

Uncharted 4 will win GOTY.

Nintendo announces new Metroid for Wii U in a hilariously quixotic attempt to compete with the 3rd party online shooters that no longer appear on Nintendo platforms. It will be GOTY and power bomb at retail.

Hmm

1) New Nintendo console announced...its a hybrid between handheld and the wiiu
2) Bloodbourne and The order will both turn out to be crap
3) Uncharted gets bumped to 2016
4) Another forza gets released in 2015
5) The new Halo surprises people....its actually good
6) Quantum break turns out to be crap
7) The new Call of duty will actually be a remake of all the cods...super COD allstars??
8) Ubisoft continues to release buggy games....the division will come with a power-point slide clicker
9) TLOU and The Agent officially given the bullet
10) Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer will melt the internet

Gurish

- Batman: AK will be another good Batman game but nothing groundbreaking, won't have the same impact as City had, the fans will love it but gameplay wise it will feel like an ordinary sequel.

- No Man's Sky will be the game to hate, won't meet expectations, people will consider the gameplay to be boring or non existent/shallow, critics will mostly like it, it will sell very well.

- Uncharted 4 will be great, but again, not as influential as U2 was for its time, although will probably have the best gameplay and combat in the series and overall will most likely be the best game in the series as well, just won't add many new idea to the formula beside some obvious improvements, just like Batman: AK.

- Quantum Break's story line will be laughable, endless parodies will be made about its TV series. Will be a fun game and experience though, will be loved by many on GAF that will find it charming just like people love to quote dialogues from the first RE game.

- The Order 1886 will do terrible review wise, will have a very vocal group defending it here on GAF, will sell pretty good, won't be top visually by any other game in 2015 on consoles.

- MGS: TFP will be amazing, although some will think the story was terrible/ridiculous like in almost any MGS game, even so, will be considered a classic and a serious GOTY contender.

- Witcher 3 will be a good RPG, won't look amazing on consoles, won't be the best ever, just a very fun and good RPG.

- Oh and The Division will fail to look as impressive visually on consoles, PC version will probably be downgraded as well, gameplay wise it will be OK but won't meet the hype, will sell like crazy.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Farsight Studios will make me very happy and add The Getaway: High Speed II and Red and Ted's Road Show to The Pinball Arcade, along with one or two games from the rollercoaster trilogy of Comet, Cyclone and Hurricane.

New Need for Speed will be more of the same, but better in every way. Will focus on import tuners, I'll hate that, then EA will reveal some European exotics and American muscle to make everyone happy.

Forza Motorsport 6 will have Porsches this time around, and lots more content than compared to 5.

Gears of War remaster collection for Xbox One confirmed, will be less broken than Halo MCC was at launch.

Legend of Zelda for Wii U will make it out by Thanksgiving, give Nintendo two straight years of killer Wii U exclusives.

Nintendo announces a Metroid game for Wii U. Everyone gets excited.

Final Fantasy XV will release in 2016.

Sony announces new Gran Turismo game for PS4, won't come out until 2017 at the earliest.

EA shows off the new Mirror's Edge game they promised a while back, looks good, fans are happy.

Activision announces a new Space Quest game under the revived Sierra imprint, adventure gamers get happy.

Microsoft drops their day-one parity clause for indies, and the floodgates open.

Ubisoft will botch another big launch, whether it's The Division or another Assassin's Creed game.

Sega re-releases Shenmue 1 and 2 for digital download.

Namco reconfirms that Tekken 7 won't be console exclusive as a potshot over Sony's exclusivity for Street Fighter V.

The Neo Geo rereleases on Sony consoles do well, we get more.

Something will break the internet in ways Kim Kardashian wished she could do. Half-Life 3? Probably, but it could be something else.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
-Xenoblade Chronicles X blows everyone away
-DQ7 3DS, DQ Heroes, and PS Nova get announced for US release
-FF15 and Zelda get pushed back to 2016
-PS4 will be down to $300 in time for next holiday and will then leave XB1 in the dust
-One long-throught-dead franchise will be announced
-A new Metroid will be announced, but not sure if its gonna be for 3DS or WiiU
-More concrete details emerge about Nintendo's hybrid OS/platform
-Pillars of Eternity will be a good game but riddled with tons of bugs
-MS gets one high-quality critical-darling Japanese exclusive, but the fanbase doesn't care
-At least one big company won't be around for 2016 (predicting Capcom)
-At least one big company will take a big hit causing massive restructuring (predicting Activision, their IPs seem to be on a slow decline lately)
-Developers won't be chasing the Mobile white rabbit nearly as much
-...and still no TLG news/announcements apart from vague promises of "it's coming along nicely"

If I can get The Order, Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Rime, The Witness, The Tomorrow Children, No Man's Sky, Uncharted 4, Persona 5 all released in 2015 that would have to go down as one of the best exclusive lineups in recent memory. Beyond that I predict Gravity Rush 2 is shown off and it is not a direct sequel but a re-imagining of the Vita game, and the Last Guardian is rerevealed as a PS4 title and is given a date that is either in 2015 or early 2016. Also what Bend, SSM, MM, and GG's second team are working on will be revealed.

CHC

-Wii U is gonna hit its stride (if it hasn't already).

-New 3DS will launch along with Majora's Mask. I predict that it will be bought by me.

-The Division will suck and be irrelevant.

-Final Fantasy XV will actually be amazing, but divisive. It's going to change the formula, much like FFX did, most will like, some will whine.

-Oh and Bloodborne gon' be gud. I don't even consider this a predicition though, that's just objective truth.

maxcriden

Dang. You're good, man.
I think we will see another Twilight Princess situation where the game is released as a cross-platform game at the end of Wii U's lifespan together with a next gen release on the successor system.
In the meantime we will perhaps get something "simpler" like a new Four Swords Adventures

Kudos!!

Anyone see any other predictions that came true? New Four Swords-style Zelda is the last thing I would be predicted!

maxcriden

Microsoft
  • Rare's new game is Banjo-Threeie for Xbox One. It will be shown at E3 with a projected release date of 2016. I wish.
  • The Xbox One returns to $350 shortly after E3 for a summer sale.
  • Microsoft gives a small effort to boost Kinect's popularity with some E3 announcements, but the peripheral continues to fade into the background of their plans.
  • MS Snags another Tomb Raider-esque exclusive, this time from a Japanese developer. Scalebound! Kudos!
  • Halo 5 is met with critical and commercial acclaim, but the fanbase is divided about some of the mechanical changes and attempts to "modernize" the shooter franchise
  • Xbone will continue to sell less than PS4, but still have solid sales when the year ends.
Sony
  • The most we will get about The Last Guardian is a someone at E3 saying "the game is in full development." Thankfully not!
  • The PS4 will get a $50 price drop by the end of the year. Pretty much happened!
  • Sony will slowly start to phase out the Vita in the west by the end of the year.
  • Sony gets another Street Fighter V-esque exclusive.
  • A significant amount of new PlayStation Now content will be announced at E3
  • Sony Santa Monica's God of War project will be teased at E3. It will feature a new protagonist and a different mythology (my money is on Norse or Egyption gods).
  • Nothing new will be publically announced on the Crash Bandicoot front, but some steps will be taken internally to convince Activision to allow Sony to co-publish a Crash game developed by one of their subsidiaries.
  • PS4 will continue to be the best-selling console.
Nintendo
  • Zelda releases in November. It takes place in Wind Waker's timeline. The game features both Ganon and a new villain, although Ganon's appearance isn't as abrupt as in other games. If only....
  • Pokemon Z is announced and features New 3DS functionality.
  • The Wii U will get a permanent $50 price cut. I'm surprised this didn't happen.
  • A new, slimmer Wii U Mini with a smaller gamepad will be announced.
  • Metroid Wii U will be announced and developed by Retro. Projected release date: 2016. Not this year, to the sadness of many GAFers....
  • Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will be quietly cancelled. On the contrary, it just came out in Japan...quiet seller for sure though....
  • Nintendo will announce a new, amiibo-centric, Skylanders-esque adventure game combining multiple properties. It will be their most advertised game in years and will release holiday 2015. I expect this to come to NX. Very surprised it didn't happen.
  • Nintendo will drop more hints about its next console.
  • Iwata will stay. ;____;
  • Wii U will do slightly better than last year thanks to Zelda, the Amiibo game, and the continued success of Smash Bros., but will ultimately be the worst-selling console of the Big Three by a sizeable margin. True, but actually due to Splatoon most of all!
Third Parties
  • Fallout 4 will be announced at the VGAs. Xbone, PS4, PC.
  • Resident Evil 7 will be announced for Xbone and PS4.
  • Devil May Cry 5 will be announced for PS4 and Xbone.
  • MGSV will get slightly lower review scores than previous MGS games, but will not be a bomb by any stretch of the imagination. Will feature an end-game dialogue with Solid Snake (Kiefer Sutherland) and Big Boss (Richard Doyle), hinting at a MG1 remake.
  • Watch Dogs 2 will be announced for PS4, Xbone, and PC.
  • 2015's Wii U third-party support will be practically nonexistant.
  • We will see far fewer cross-gen games as the year continues. True!
  • A new Sonic Team developed Sonic game for the current generation of consoles will be revealed.

My responses in bold!

Top Bottom