• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mandatory One Before You Die

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What is the one game you think ALL players should try once before they die?

Let’s not go list 20 games because you can’t make a god damn decision. ONE game. Why?

For me the one game I think every person should play at least once before they kick the bucket is Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. It’s Kojimas best game. It doesn’t overstay its welcome, is highly replay able to this day, has a tight gameplay loop, great pacing, and showcases a game that withstands the test of time. Love how much depth is here in the package. A cornerstone of gamings finest offerings especially for a stealth fan.

AW6Bq9R.jpeg

Holammer

Everyone should try Stardew Valley.
The game crushed Harvest Moon & Story of Seasons (probably sold more than all of their games combined too). Don't hate it because it's popular, it's really good.

Honorable mentions: Planescape Torment, Terraria & Undertale

The campaign is not that long if you go straight with it.

Its not but I dont think anyone is playing MHW for the weak campaign. If you wanna finish the game and its late game, that'll take around 700+ hours. Only reason I could never get into the game properly, too grindy, only played a bit on PS4.

Genshin impact so you don't leave any money for your offspring.

More serious Tomb Raider 1996 - Exploration has never been better and likely never will be. No scanning, no invisible walls, no guidance, just you versus the environment. and fully immersive controls. that gives you full control of the character without any illogical limitations.

SoloCamo

Unreal Tournament '99 at it's peak multiplayer... but since that doesn't exist anymore I don't know if it counts. If we are talking single player... Super Mario RPG is just good old fun.

killatopak

Gold Member
Bioshock 1

Does not need any prequels or sequels. It's one and done if it's strictly about your story. Amazing gameplay, story, music and atmosphere. I don't think I have met a single person that didn't at least enjoy one aspect of Bioshock.

Personal game just for me is Skyrim. The game just never ends so I never die.

Top Bottom