• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 85

So I guess they're going to try and get Asuka now? I don't think she was ever relevant though since Tamaki had already stolen her power. I guess all he has to tell her is that he's going to give her power back if she doesn't cooperate?

Akito

Oricon Comic Rankings October 28th - November 3rd

01. One Piece #72 (1,540,005)
02. Kimi ni Todoke #20 (289,956 / 677,47)
03. D.Gray-man #24 (178,091)
04. Toriko #27 (152,325)
05. Ohku #10 (132,522 / 138,079)
06. I Am A Hero #13 (94,574)
07. Space Brothers #22 (89,015 / 327,054)
08. xxxHolic Rei #1 (85,158 / 268,995)
09. Vagabond #36 (84,616 / 333,245)
10. Nisekoi #9 (73,305)
11. Inu×Boku SS #10 (71,046 / 289,979)
12. Beelzebub #24 (70,649)
13. Silver Spoon #9 (62,047 / 642,166)
14. Giant Killing #29 (60,247 / 239,678)
15. Magi #19 (59,062 / 460,564)
16. Super Lovers #6 (55,794)
17. Hetalia Axis Powers Special Edition #6 (55,090)
18. Jojolion #5 (52,594 / 411,106)
19. Hetalia Axis Powers #6 (52,364)
20. Fairy Tail #40 (49,442 / 437,837)
21. Horimiya #4 (49,220 / 77,829)
22. Sora no Otoshimono #18 (41,724 / 99,450)
23. Karneval #12 (39,576 / 83,463)
24. Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane #3 (37,483)
25. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio #8 (33,237)
26. Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san。#10 (31,467 / 89,811)
27. Usotsuki Lily #13 (31,188 / 61,371)
28. Dengeki Daisy #15 (30,065 / 59,599)
29. Clover Trefle #2 (28,845 / 54,896)
30. Shingeki no Kyojin #11 (27,550 / 1,417,063)
31. Umi no Misaki #14 (27,177)
32. Daiya no Ace #38 (26,653 / 210,737)
33. Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai #2 (25,982)
34. Last Inning #40 (25,312)
35. Ikasama Memory #2 (25,015)
36. Kingdom #32 (24,419 / 252,578)
37. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu #6 (23,776 / 592,934)
38. Tokyo Ghoul #9 (23,397 / 168,175)
39. Soul Catcher(S) #2 (22,668)
40. Kantai Collection -Kan Kore- Comic Anthology Kurechinjufu-hen (22,356 / 60,164)
41. Persona 4 #8 (21,507 / 32,834)
42. Nanatsu no Taizai #5 (20,994 / 209,978)
43. Kuroko no Basket #24 (20,955 / 647,073)
44. Yuureitou #6 (20,933)
45. Gurazeni #12 (19,869 / 71,163)
46. One Piece #71 (19,658 / 2,857,279)
47. Shin Kurosagi Kanketsu-hen #3 (17,912)
48. Nisekoi Drama CD Bundled Edition #9 (17,829)
49. Rakudai Ninja Rantarou #54 (17,682)
50. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Innocent #2 (16,973 / 44,574)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ippo 1036

I just realised that this manga is about as old as I am.

This chapter left me with the bluest of balls.

Ippo bought to get his shit pushed in!

...I think.

You can't build up all this excitement just for him not to get beat down from it. Man I dunno dammit! First Ippo fight in a while that I am actually looking forward to seeing what happens. The author has been hitting it out of the park with Itagaki losing and now this Ippo world fight. Who knew all he had to do was get rid of the stupid ass gimmicks?

Aizo

Banned
ZuZxTEw.png

9ANiMJwl.jpg

Nobody else said anything, so I'd like you to know that at least I was amused by this.

Shouta

Man, finished 666 Satan by Seishi Kishimoto and lol, twins really do write the same things. Naruto's finish is basically the same as 666 Satan, just with different trappings.

Splash Honey!

Well it may be Haru Mako but thats still a great start, the Nagisa Haru moment was best.

Kokushi Musou!! 1
tumblr_mvv7b2DHpW1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kind of a funny start to this, the two leads are hilarious together but individually the main one could use some work (why so mean and treat everyone else hes training with badly?). The action is alright and apart from a few odd art moments, I think its well on its way to being an entertaining martial arts shonen sunday manga. Looking forward to more.

Man, finished 666 Satan by Seishi Kishimoto and lol, twins really do write the same things. Naruto's finish is basically the same as 666 Satan, just with different trappings.

I remember reading this years ago and all I remember on the ending was it was a mess. Kinda felt the starting of the series and the ending were completely disconnected but then again it's been a while since I read it.

Shouta

I remember reading this years ago and all I remember on the ending was it was a mess. Kinda felt the starting of the series and the ending were completely disconnected but then again it's been a while since I read it.

The translation that is out there is a mess, that much for sure. The biggest problem is the writing is a little messy and it's a bit dense for all that content which makes it difficult to sort during reading.

But the ending itself is somewhat straightforward and pretty understandable. It's a little abrupt but it makes some sense really.

The parallels between 666 Satan and Naruto are hilariously numerous though.

The translation that is out there is a mess, that much for sure. The biggest problem is the writing is a little messy and it's a bit dense for all that content which makes it difficult to sort during reading.

But the ending itself is somewhat straightforward and pretty understandable. It's a little abrupt but it makes some sense really.

The parallels between 666 Satan and Naruto are hilariously numerous though.

IIRC it was enough for readers to start shitting on Seishi to the point that his bro had to come to his defense.

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 06

I guess this new subplot with the gods could be interesting. I kinda just enjoyed the random dungeon exploring though.

Aizo

Banned
Naruto

You know what I liked this weeks chapter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_TbEjrJmFc

Hahahaha. I saw that gif in the Steam community for Full Burst, so I wanted to share it. I don't post weekly impressions for OP, Bleach, or Naruto very often, so it's not like I'm consistently complaining about the talk no jutsu. :)

I'm really confused about what Kishi is doing at this point. Obito is going down, and then what? Will Sasuke freak out again? I feel like all the subplots that could have been interesting lost all their potential because of this arc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Toriko

What, crazy old woman chef went back to the good guy's side? When did that happen?

Also yay, looks like there will be some drastic changes to the story, which is cool. Hopefully less power-ups and more food stuff though.

The dragon's seven adorable children 1-2

This is pretty cool. It uses fantasy tropes to talk about different moral questions and ethical situations

Witch Craft Works 24

Lots of cool explosions.

Another tease from this series. Maybe it's just because I expect the lewdest result and it never turns out to be.

Pimpwerx

One Piece
Makes sense how Dofla took over the Riku Kingdom. Sleazy, but fitting for his character. I'm sure we'll find out even more about his personal background in the chapters to come.

Bleach
Is Hiraku tired of telling people about his bankai when he uses it now? Dumbass gets owned every time he does it. I do like Wolfy's new look, but think the reason for it was pretty stupid. Oh well, Kubo had to dig deep in his ass for that one. LOL!

Naruto
I think we can officially say that talk-no-jutsu >>>> eye hax. Seriously...that was expected but no less disappointing. At least now we can see Madara take over and start beating everyone's ass. PEACE.

Manga gaf riddle me this, if Quincys can't absorb hollows, how did that one Quincy absorb Ayon?

It was Quilge wearing Ayon as a shield pretty much. I don't think Quilge ingested any blood or was damaged from Ayon besides some punches. He literally converted Ayon into a reishi armor with that monsterous appearance thanks to Quincy Bankai.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 08

AfWFLB4l.jpg

That was an adorable confession.

Senyuu 2-4

The most easiest way to stop a betrayal is of course a confession.

Cerity

H.E The Hunt for Energy - 4
Another chapter of the manga-mentury is back, I nearly forgot what was special about the MC. Hopefully Boichi does something good with the series. Love it when authors do this kind of thing.

wonzo

Banned
Makai no Ossan 301-317

Looks like the celebrations for Tarou's victory will be incredibly short-lived as shit got so fucking real. holy shit

AKB49 139

It's a disgrace such a large amount of books didn't fall over and crush Yoshinaga to death. Fuck you, books.

The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children 02

Huh, that was pretty thought-provoking. A nice story though.

Toriko 257

I guess here's the world reset they been cliffhanger-ing to.

wonzo

Banned
absolute duo 4

my interest was already waning with this series after the last chapter but atlas that one didn't turn into literal chicken-scratch for a good few pages (this is a monthly series too). dropped

Mael

Bleach
Is Hiraku tired of telling people about his bankai when he uses it now? Dumbass gets owned every time he does it. I do like Wolfy's new look, but think the reason for it was pretty stupid. Oh well, Kubo had to dig deep in his ass for that one. LOL!

We haven't seen his bankai yet, it's his shikai we've seen for now.
Kinda like Aizen we'll probably never even see it, then again for Aizen it made sense why he didn't need ont to begin with.

For Ayon, it's simple the tech used break down all things made of reishi and absorb it.
In the same way that if you break down a material made of arsenic into a simpler material (remove protons here and there...) it's no longer arsenic and no longer poisonous.
Not saying that's what's happening but that's the logic behind it I'm sure.

Hypron

We haven't seen his bankai yet, it's his shikai we've seen for now.
Kinda like Aizen we'll probably never even see it, then again for Aizen it made sense why he didn't need ont to begin with.

Well he might not be done for... He might come back with hollow mode and Bankai to save another character or something. It's not unlike Bleach to have a character coming back from the dead.

[Fugo]

Toriko x Final Fantasy VI
World of Ruin, guys!

I'm re-reading the series by the way, I still don't get why Midora used dat Meteor Spice

btw the re-reading was sort of amazing, tons of foreshadowing in early chapters that I really didn't remember through the years... names like Melk and Kuribou appearing so early (and at the time seeming like random stuff like some ingredient name), Joa actually first appearing as early as the Century Soup arc

G.ZZZ

[Fugo];88917063 said:
Toriko x Final Fantasy VI
World of Ruin, guys!

I'm re-reading the series by the way, I still don't get why Midora used dat Meteor Spice

btw the re-reading was sort of amazing, tons of foreshadowing in early chapters that I really didn't remember through the years... names like Melk and Kuribou appearing so early (and at the time seeming like random stuff like some ingredient name), Joa actually first appearing as early as the Century Soup arc

The design were also kept consistent (see Sakura, Tairan and Zaus, showed like on chapter 20), and yeah, things like the Kuriboh pots, Melk knives, Joa having the body type of a woman even in its first appearance while everyone thought he was a man (large hips etc...) and i'm betting the saturn-like planets depicted in the nitro's graffitis have significance too, with other planets and all that shit.

Also next issue will be a world reset, since the world was destroyed. The real Hokuto no Toriko will begin next week, with a big timeskip and all of our familiar faces scattered around the world.
Can't fucking wait.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v10(LN)
tumblr_mvw8rzxD8u1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well the arc has probably been best for the Chiba Erika fans as well as Mikihiko, who probably is the most underrated character in the franchise after Leo. His skills with his talismans and such shouldnt be forgotten. I can only hope he has a large role in this the next and final volume of the visitor arc, v11. Otherwise, Tatsuya being out of action but more in an observation role was alright for this volume as it definitely paid off in the final chapter which unfortunately had to be a painful cliffhanger. Tempted to read the next volume but one chapter is not in english so I must wait.

Most memorable minor scene was Leo coming back to class and Mikihiko and Tatsuya and him being all super friendly in that good morning scene before the chocolates were handed out. Gave a good laugh. Oh and I must mention Lina, shes hilarious whenever she is alone with Tatsuya and Miyuki and they have their brother sister moments, never fails to make me smile.

Akito

Makai no Ossan 301-317
Ok, it took me a moment of figure out the relevance of the development at the end.
*Ok, the Devil King was owned by some random hero so what*
*Ooooooh, this manga takes place in the underworld, oh sheeeeeeeit*

G.ZZZ

DTL no Toriko 257

I forgot, but seeing this exchange, 257 chapters in, made me shed a tear:

"Hm..? Bureau Chief Ray did you just call me...?"

"Yes...I called you...handsome."

Truly the passing of an age. Mansam is the one responsible for the human world now.

What a manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom