• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

ec0ec0

GIF UPDATED

BowedGregariousHydra.gif

so we can remember it :)

Scum

they could do a track for animal forest+, one for wild world, one for city folk, and one for new leaf.

it would be similar to zelda and making one for ocarina of time, the cartoon gamecube ocarina of time, the gamecube/wii ocarina of time, and the wii-only ocarina of time (the one with motion controls).

5YRcF.gif

they could do a track for animal forest+, one for wild world, one for city folk, and one for new leaf.

it would be similar to zelda and making one for ocarina of time, the cartoon gamecube ocarina of time, the gamecube/wii ocarina of time, and the wii-only ocarina of time (the one with motion controls).
SU61I8M.gif
Cartoon Ocarina da besssss

Saro

I wonder how the dlc will be handled when going online. Will people who did not purchase the dlc be able to play the tracks with people who have bought the dlc or will there be weird fragmentation or matchmaking used to sort this out?

Great announcement. The only complaint I can even come up with is that the Zelda pack comes with classic Legend of Zelda characters Link, Zelda, and Ganond... no wait, Tanooki Mario? Ooooooookay then.

hirokazu

There needs to be a Smash Bros track, to mirror how there's been a Mario Kart stage in Smash Bros before. And whoever's fighting in the background has a chance of flinging items onto the track, or smashing their opponents into you, etc.
No items, Final Destination? No thanks. :p

ffdgh

I wonder how the dlc will be handled when going online. Will people who did not purchase the dlc be able to play the tracks with people who have bought the dlc or will there be weird fragmentation or matchmaking used to sort this out?

Likely a mandatory patch so those who don't buy it can still play them online.

hwy_61

Banned
Hah, I remember making a thread about why Mario Kart couldn't get the Super Smash Brothers treatment of throwing in the kitchen sink, and people said that it was a bad idea...

I can't fucking wait for this DLC. I'm so happy Nintendo is finally opening up MK to all of their IPs.

RK128

Jesus that's a great price for what is basically a 50% increase of game content.

Well played Nintendo. Well played.

I've got to keep asking: What will Amiibo support will do for this game?

Considering Link and Viliger are the main 'stars' for these DLC's, I think there stats from Smash Bros. will give them new mods for their carts (new ones outside the main ones already in the game).

That would be the most cost effective and fair way to handle it I think. They could also make people who own the figure unlock that DLC pack if they register the figure to there Mario Kart copy (for example, put the Link Amibo on the gamepad while MK8 is running and you get the option to 'activate' your figure, once you do so, Link does a little animation on the screen and it says you unlock Pack 1; same works with the Villager one too).

Hah, I remember making a thread about why Mario Kart couldn't get the Super Smash Brothers treatment of throwing in the kitchen sink, and people said that it was a bad idea...

I can't fucking wait for this DLC. I'm so happy Nintendo is finally opening up MK to all of their IPs.

I wasn't for it as it would mess it up and lose some cohesion but I'm all for extra content so I say they should bring it no matter what it is.

Maybe the Mercedes Benz silly DLC makes this look perfectly normal in comparison.

Summing it up, if THIS is the way they want to add extra content, then I'd definitely rather have it than not have any.

So I'm wondering how this is going to work for online multiplayer. Will DLC owners be split up from non-DLC owners now? If so that kinda sucks. I mean, $12 for that DLC is awesome but I hope it doesn't negatively impact the matchmaking and multiplayer.

Evenflow

2GB is insane. Nintendo used to be good at keeping file sizes down.

All of double dash was under 1GB. And 64 was like 16mb.

I wonder if future Wii U models will come with bigger storage.

I'm sure they're just saying that to be on the safe side for those who pre order. I really doubt it clocks in that high when released.

Plus Nintendo install size is always 1/2 of the download size.

So this opens the flood gates for more Smash Bros. characters right? Samus, Captain Falcon, Kirby (hinted in the pre-release trailer already), Olimar, etc...

BRING IT!

DizzyCrow

Not satisfied with Hyrule Warriors, Link is now riding a Benz and will get even more waifus, Mario better keep an eye on Peach.

G0523

Ohh yeah! Totally "advance purchasing" this tomorrow! I was hoping they'd offer a lower price if you want to buy both but don't want to wait till the 2nd pack comes out. So glad to see that we can get both DLC packs for the combo price and when they actually release.

celebi23

Ohh yeah! Totally "advance purchasing" this tomorrow! I was hoping they'd offer a lower price if you want to buy both but don't want to wait till the 2nd pack comes out. So glad to see that we can get both DLC packs for the combo price and when they actually release.
Yep, same here. And I just added funds to my eShop account yesterday :p

SCReuter

Sooo wait. For the November pack. (The best DLC one by the way).

Triforce Cup.
1. Zelda track?
2. Zelda track?
3. Zelda track?
4. Zelda track?

Egg Cup (Nintendo tracks)
1. F-Zero track
2. Excitebike track
3. Wario track?
4. ?????

Or is it the other way around. Is Triforce cup the NIntendo All-Star tracks and Egg cup more classic Mario Kart tracks?

Triforce Cup (Crossover Courses):
- Excitebike
- F-Zero
- Legend of Zelda
- (???)

Egg Cup (Classic/New Courses):
- Wario's Gold Mine Wii
- (???)
- (???)
- (???)

Vehicles:
- Excitebike
- F-Zero (Blue Falcon)
- Legend of Zelda (Epona or train?)
- (???)

That's what I'm thinking.

Evenflow

People are so use to day 1 dlc that they forget that these are just cut from the main game.

Ya who could've thought? A developer waiting to start working on DLC AFTER a game is released, not during development of the game? So it takes 6 months to release(kinda like Super Luigi U)? Nah impossible.

Top Bottom