• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Only bummer is, why so long for pack 2? Glad it's coming at all, but that stinks. Maybe for longevity but MK can usually handle that on it's own.

ffdgh

worked for extreme dinos, lol.

rBVPVX8.gif

My mind can't grasp how their tails aren't burning.

majik13

So I'm wondering how this is going to work for online multiplayer. Will DLC owners be split up from non-DLC owners now? If so that kinda sucks. I mean, $12 for that DLC is awesome but I hope it doesn't negatively impact the matchmaking and multiplayer.
at that price youd be stupid to not get it. Otherwise, I dont know.

Only bummer is, why so long for pack 2? Glad it's coming at all, but that stinks. Maybe for longevity but MK can usually handle that on it's own.

Probabaly takes a while to design and make the tracks. They are pretty detailed, and its likely a smaller team Id guess. 16 tracks is big undertaking.

Randomizer

Holy shit best value for money dlc ever. Too bad they didn't fix the battle mode, would have made it even better. Also some serious crow eating over here about non Mario characters in a MK, never thought I'd see the day. Nintendo AllStar racing seems an inevitability now.

AdanVC

Amazing! Has me wanting to play MK8 so bad but I'm at college wahhhh

You should have brought your Wii U there and BOOM! Off-TV play does the rest! But I understand that maybe having a home console on your college dorm can be quite risky. Hah.

My mind can't grasp how their tails aren't burning.

The fossil fuels powering the flying cars are from the dinosaurs' own deceased corpses from after they return to the past, thus temporal physics systems are working around the paradox of destroying what becomes the fuel supply for the cars in the present.

Dreavus

The fossil fuels powering the flying cars are from the dinosaurs' own deceased corpses from after they return to the past, thus temporal physics systems are working around the paradox of destroying what becomes the fuel supply for the cars in the present.

I - Wait, he's right.

I was here ready to drop $20 for the bundle and it turns out it's $11.99? :O That's an amazing deal. I seriously can't wait for the first DLC pack.

Hopefully a future DLC pack will include Mouser and Pauline. :D Characters from other Mario games would be great too along with other Nintendo characters like Samus, Sami from Advance Wars, or anyone really. This is great!

I'm really confused by this Nintendo... Why is the pricing so good? If this were any other publisher, it'd be $15 each, or a season's pass for $25...

Not complaining cause this is fucking rad, but I was kinda hoping Nintendo was gonna start using Smash 4 default Villager as their promotional AC character. But this one looks fine too.

I'm in tomorrow. Gimme those Yoshi and Shy Guy Colors

ffdgh

...That actually makes sense.
lol.gif

Would prefer other franchises to stay out of Mario Kart, and Bowser Jr / Diddy Kong / Birdo / Dry Bones to be back BUT I'm styll hyped as fuck for this and preordering tomorrow. So cheap too.

I still hope we'll get real Battle tracks someday.

woen

I'm really confused by this Nintendo... Why is the pricing so good? If this were any other publisher, it'd be $15 each, or a season's pass for $25...

Because it increases the drawing power of the Wii U games library. Selling MK8 and Wii U is more important than few bucks made with over-prized DLC. And they might also make more money with this strategy than with a 15-20$/each or a 25-30$ 2-pack (lower price->sales boost)

I'm strongly disappointed by the absence of Cartoon Link. It's a SHAME.

Tusk

So, there might be more dlc packs later on or something since this doesnt use 3 of the cups found?
Hope the next one's Kirby and a bike wheelie as one of the characters and vehicles

majik13

So about 50% extra content for about 1/5(?) the price o the orginal. Too good.

Wonder what the catch will be?

So, there might be more dlc packs later on or something since this doesnt use 3 of the cups found?
Hope the next one's Kirby and a bike wheelie as one of the characters and vehicles

I thought the names were just placeholders anyways, and that they found there was only room for 4 additional cups. I thought I heard.

They believe they can make more revenue selling lots of AOC at a low price, than some at a high price, it may encourage people who are on the fence with the game or even console, and/or Mercedes subsidy thanks to free advertising DLC. Who knows?

Wow I'm so excited for the new tracks! I hope the "4 vehicles" means 4 sets of body, tyres and gliders - we're seriously lacking in glider variety.

The characters are kind of ugh though, seems really weird only having 1 Zelda rep and 2 AC reps, idk. But I love Link's design in this so yay?

Nah, none of those icons are actually used. Even the egg icon is a bit different now. Therefore, it's logical to assume that those are just placeholders put in there to make the programmers' work easier later on.

ffdgh

Wow I'm so excited for the new tracks! I hope the "4 vehicles" means 4 sets of body, tyres and gliders - we're seriously lacking in glider variety.

The characters are kind of ugh though, seems really weird only having 1 Zelda rep and 2 AC reps, idk. But I love Link's design in this so yay?

Loftwing glider makes too much sense not to have...it's not happening is it? :'(

Top Bottom