• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Weiss

Banned
Between MvC hype and wanting to rebuild my Wii collection I bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the actual best VS. game, and I hope Infinite takes more cues from it in regards to speed and balance.

To quote Pat from SBF; This game is so much better than Marvel oh my god.

The dynamics of MVC3 and TVC are far too different to make an actual comparison. TVC is more balanced, and I think Baroque is better than X-Factor, but I still prefer MVC3 any day.

JAXXX

Zeros strong but he's not Dark Phoenix/Vergil/Morrigan with Astral + Hidden Missiles

He's the Wesker of the game, basically.

Zero w/ no health and meter ,can kill whole teams by himself.

Dark Phoenix and X-factor Virgil are do silly damage and are probably the best anchors.

Dark Phoenix still has really low health tho and Vergil without xfactor or meter is really neutered.
Solo Morrigan is good but has a few bad matchups(dorm,modok) and much easier to deal w/ without doom.Most flight character can fly where she cant reach without strider,doom or jam session.
Zero is the best single character in the game , Morridoom is the best duo while zeromaycry is the best team. All this is strictly my opinion and of course YMMV.

J-Tier

It's not that impressive when half of them are telling people the X-Men will be DLC.
Hahaha, that's a good one.
Well, you are a part of the problem since you are right up there on wall of shame. ;)
Shame. Shame. Shame...
Between MvC hype and wanting to rebuild my Wii collection I bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the actual best VS. game, and I hope Infinite takes more cues from it in regards to speed and balance.

To quote Pat from SBF; This game is so much better than Marvel oh my god.
I want a TvC2 so badly. That game was badass. Plus they have the opportunity to include some of their newer properties and hit upon some of the missed older ones like Samurai Pizza Cats lol. And with newer stuff, you can add the annoying MC from that shitty show Gatchaman Crowds and the little (for lack of a better adjective) Doronjo from Yatterman Nights. Even from that new shitty Time Bokan show. (Man all of their current stuff has been kinda middling or shitty).

Skab

8oIUPKF.png

When I read I was thinking you were joking =P

I'm actually kind of disappointed I'm not on there.

Weiss

Banned
Hahaha, that's a good one.
Shame. Shame. Shame...
I want a TvC2 so badly. That game was badass. Plus they have the opportunity to include some of their newer properties and hit upon some of the missed older ones like Samurai Pizza Cats lol. And with newer stuff, you can add the annoying MC from that shitty show Gatchaman Crowds and the little (for lack of a better adjective) Doronjo from Yatterman Nights. Even from that new shitty Time Bokan show. (Man all of their current stuff has been kinda middling or shitty).

I'd kill for the return of Baroque and universal air dashing in Infinite.

Seriously, just tagging in sounds so boring. It's going to be the same thing every time you do a combo. I really hope we get some elaboration on that and why it's preferable to assists.

I'm sure what we saw in that trailer isn't a strong indication of the system. When MVC3 was shown off, people were just doing TAC's and basic combos that were the furthest thing from impressive.

How were sfxt and tvc when it came to viable teams with different archetypes? I worry that without assists by far the best team composition would be using a mobile character to open people up and then tagging to a high damage character to complete the combo.

Weiss

Banned
How were sfxt and tvc when it came to viable teams with different archetypes? I worry that without assists by far the best team composition would be using a mobile character to open people up and then tagging to a high damage character to complete the combo.

Can\t speak for SFxT but TvC had more limited assists, but nothing like MvC3.

I'm guessing the idea behind having Tags instead of Assists is that this way you can use whatever characters you want rather than specific superpowered teams like Vergil/Morrigan/Doom.

Weiss

Banned
Made a roster because why not.

Capcom

Ryu, Chun-Li, Rashid, Morrigan, Lord Raptor, Mega Man X, Zero, Sigma, Leon, Claire Redfield, Nina, Phoenix Wright, Dante, Trish, Amaterasu, Strider Hiryu, Spencer, Asura

Marvel

Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Black Widow, Hulk, Utron, Thor, Loki, Songbird, Hawkeye, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Star Lord

opricnik

Banned
I am guessing no X-men thing is no more because all marvel games have added X-men characters lately (last 1-2 month)?

Even mobile ones.

Platy

I am guessing no X-men thing is no more because all marvel games have added X-men characters lately (last 1-2 month)?

Even mobile ones.

They mentioned it they being dlc

Which makes sense ... because if you want marvel fans to buy dlc the easiest thing is to put magneto and sentinel there =P

Remember when this game was announced during Injustice 2's dry streak and everyone was like "Injustice 2 musta been cancelled" and "I2 has no chance now that MvC is coming" and what have you.
Good times.

Even mobile ones.

It depends on which game we're talking about.
If a game came out before a certain point in time (e.g. Marvel Heroes, Contest of Champions, Puzzle Quest), they got the rights to use X-Men.
If the game came out after that point in time (e.g. Future Fight, Lego Avengers, Avengers Academy), they were not allowed to use the X-Men, or Fantastic Four characters for that matter.
If I remember right, that point in time was the start of 2015.

The OP has a more detailed answer, though Neoxon also forgot to mention that Avengers Alliance 1, which was developed by a Disney subsidiary, did not use any X-Men/FF4 characters starting from mid-2014 on.

opricnik

Banned
It depends on which game we're talking about.
If a game came out before a certain point in time (e.g. Marvel Heroes, Contest of Champions, Puzzle Quest), they got the rights to use X-Men.
If the game came out after that point in time (e.g. Future Fight, Lego Avengers, Avengers Academy), they were not allowed to use the X-Men, or Fantastic Four characters for that matter.
If I remember right, that point in time was the start of 2015.

The OP has a more detailed answer, though Neoxon also forgot to mention that Avengers Alliance 1, which was developed by a Disney subsidiary, did not use any X-Men/FF4 characters starting from mid-2014 on.

Ah that makes kinda sense .
game was COTC i think. It has some new Ice-Man trailer .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0BoO8bSdsQ

Interesting but why they let old games to still release new x-men characters

License contracts. I'm pretty sure that the pre-2015 contracts are just a blanket Marvel Universe character access, while the ones from 2015 onwards probably have a clause in it not allowing the devs to use X-Men/F4.

Neoxon

License contracts. I'm pretty sure that the pre-2015 contracts are just a blanket Marvel Universe character access, while the ones from 2015 onwards probably have a clause in it not allowing the devs to use X-Men/F4.
Based on my research on the matter, that seems to most likely be the case. If that changes going forward remains to be seen, but I hope things do change for the better.

Skab

Either it was all a dream or this game got cancelled. DC's a joke in cinema but Injustice 2 handing the L's this gen. I don't even like Injustice but the dream is dead. When's Deecee baybe?

The fuck are you even talking about? Its been 4 months, not 10 years.

Some of you guys are melodramatic af

Neoxon

Either it was all a dream or this game got cancelled. DC's a joke in cinema but Injustice 2 handing the L's this gen. I don't even like Injustice but the dream is dead. When's Deecee baybe?
......What?

Just relax until E3. If we don't hear anything by then, then we can panic.

J-Tier

Can't believe the thread is so active when we haven't heard shit since December. I applaud you guys.
There are few games that can do this. Marvel Vs. Capcom, and probably Smash Bros. I don't think much else can create continuous discussion despite lack of news or updates.

Did people already forget Injustice 2 went pretty dead silent after that Deadshot and Harley reveal, and we didn't hear anything until the beginning of this year?

Yeah, I'd prefer MVC2 Jill even though I liked MVC3 Jill. I just felt her moveset wasn't that interesting. Every rep from RE could use their weapon freely, but she could only use hers during a super. I also was hoping they'd allow her to summon Majinis or something.

I think it'll be Jill, Wesker, and Leon as the reps.

Jawmuncher

I don't see Jill coming back. If RE is getting 3 reps I'd bet more on Wesker (fan favorite and they've still been pushing him), Nemesis (to keep a big/tank character if marvel side still has them, then some newcomer.

RE is a big franchise so I could see them doing Jill or someone else as DLC.

Yeah, I'd prefer MVC2 Jill even though I liked MVC3 Jill. I just felt her moveset wasn't that interesting. Every rep from RE could use their weapon freely, but she could only use hers during a super. I also was hoping they'd allow her to summon Majinis or something.

I think it'll be Jill, Wesker, and Leon as the reps.
Yeah, I see Leon being a newcomer from the series and keeping Jill/Wesker. Jack could be fun as a character but I don't really see him being added to the roster.

Dahbomb

You guys losing cool over an announced game where as here I am being calm and collected about DMC5 being unveiled this year.

Where is your motivation?

Made a roster because why not.

Capcom

Ryu, Chun-Li, Rashid, Morrigan, Lord Raptor, Mega Man X, Zero, Sigma, Leon, Claire Redfield, Nina, Phoenix Wright, Dante, Trish, Amaterasu, Strider Hiryu, Spencer, Asura

Marvel

Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Black Widow, Hulk, Utron, Thor, Loki, Songbird, Hawkeye, Punisher, Rocket Raccoon, Star Lord

Oh my, you forgot Thanos.

I don't see Jill coming back. If RE is getting 3 reps I'd bet more on Wesker (fan favorite and they've still been pushing him), Nemesis (to keep a big/tank character if marvel side still has them, then some newcomer.

RE is a big franchise so I could see them doing Jill or someone else as DLC.

Maybe Leon or Claire to promote the RE 2 Remake.

Tizoc

My wishlist atm mainly consists of
Haggar and Captain Commando
...and ya know what, ef it, Baby Commando too!
GIVE US THE RETURN OF CAPTAIN CORRIDOR!

Ryce

I think it'd be weird to cut Chris and replace him with Leon, who is essentially the same character from a gameplay perspective. It's a waste of Chris' MvC3 animations. It'd be like cutting Ryu only to create Ken from scratch. Chris was a main character in RE6 and is DLC in RE7, so it's not like his star has fallen since MvC3.

(Note: This is just speculation. I don't know if Chris or Leon are in the game.)

Weiss

Banned
I don't think any series will have more than three reps.

Personally I'm hoping for Leon/Claire but if Wesker gets in they need some time in with RE1.

So if he's in I'd say it'll be Chris/Wesker and either RE1 Jill or Claire.

Oh my, you forgot Thanos.

Maybe Leon or Claire to promote the RE 2 Remake.

If Ultron and Sigma actually fuse then Thanos won't be in.

Skab

I think it'd be weird to cut Chris and replace him with Leon, who is essentially the same character from a gameplay perspective. It's a waste of Chris' MvC3 animations. It'd be like cutting Ryu only to create Ken from scratch. Chris was a main character in RE6 and is DLC in RE7, so it's not like his star has fallen since MvC3.

(Note: This is just speculation. I don't know if Chris or Leon are in the game.)

Leon could play very differently from Chris.

Top Bottom