• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Joke character? That dude's got a metallic arm, he can be the Capcom equivalent of Bionic Commando.

I meant in sense of animation, movesets and dialogues, like, why am i going to fight against my favorite superheroes, or something like that. Also it's a robotic hand tho. >.>

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wouldn't expect any character announcements until E3.

However, I do suspect we'll get multiple character announcements at E3.

Weiss

Banned
If you don't mind my asking, Ryce, do you know the game's roster or just some aspects of it, like when you hinted at the new Capcom villain?

This isn't a "tell us the roster" thing, I just wanted to know if it had been finalized.

Weren't most of the leaks because of the betas?

Indeed. That was also the way the Season 1 DLC characters were leaked. Really the only character that wasn't fully leaked was F.A.N.G.

The only thing we found about him before his announcement were files for the last character and the folder was named FAN. Those files didn't really give anything away either.

That was at least one surprise they kept hidden.

Jawmuncher

This is going to go back to an earlier talk. But I wouldn't give a fuck if all the character's leaked right this second. Yeah it'll take away from reveals and what not, but we'd be at a better spot talking wise.

I have the same feelings towards any fighter. I'd rather know everything i'm getting, than be strung along only for the final moments to be unsatisfying.

This is going to go back to an earlier talk. But I wouldn't give a fuck if all the character's leaked right this second. Yeah it'll take away from reveals and what not, but we'd be at a better spot talking wise.

You won't be in a better spot talking wise. Who cares about Ms.Marvel being in the game if you have no clue on how she plays ?

We don't even have a full breakdown on the mechanics :/

(Edited for language :p)

You won't be in a better spot talking wise. Who cares about Ms.Marvel being in the game if you have no clue on how she plays ?

We can still hypothesize though. Certain characters have more straight forward movesets, but some have a lot of possibilities which can be fun to try and guess.

Like when we find out that Scarecrow was in Injustice 2, the thread just lit up with how the toxin/fear gas could be implemented. It could be part of the gameplay, a command grab that activates toxin that you could cash out like Kotal Kahn's Sun God variation, a projectile or trap that could damage over time or cause debuffs, a variation on the both.

EDIT:
That is a fair point.

Jawmuncher

(Edited for language :p)

We could at least talk hypothetically on movesets we'd like to see.
Rather than getting hopes up on what characters we'd like to see, who then never happen.

We can still hypothesize though. Certain characters have more straight forward movesets, but some have a lot of possibilities which can be fun to try and guess.

Like when we find out that Scarecrow was in Injustice 2, the thread just lit up with how the toxin/fear gas could be implemented. It could be part of the gameplay, a command grab that activates toxin that you could cash out like Kotal Kahn's Sun God variation, a projectile or trap that could damage over time or cause debuffs, a variation on the both.

EDIT:
That is a fair point.

Yes i'm with you on that, but we can do the same with some fantasy lists (aka the Dahbomb©) :p.

Right now the thing i'd love to see is a playable build. Y'all remember the hype when someone captured the whole Dante moveset ??

PSqueak

Banned

I have the same feelings towards any fighter. I'd rather know everything i'm getting, than be strung along only for the final moments to be unsatisfying.

They should intentionally leak in the site like 2 or 4 characters.

So in other words, you'd be totally fine with having your hopes and dreams crushed to nothing when Regina is inevitably missing from the leak?

You crazy.

Jawmuncher

So in other words, you'd be totally fine with having your hopes and dreams crushed to nothing when Regina is inevitably missing from the leak?

You crazy.

I'd rather that pain now, than have to wait months for it.
Smash did that shit to me with Snake, it was the absolute worst.

Going from "maybe snake is in the game" to "Kojima & Konami falling out is real, and Bayonetta is the last DLC character", were some of the darkest times for me.
I'd rather capcom go "Regina isn't in this", than let me falsely hope.

BossRush

At this point all I want is an official statement saying the game has been delayed. PLEASE don't pull another SFV and release the game too early capcom. If you do it again...well it'll probably be okay but still!

I'd rather that pain now, than have to wait months for it.
Smash did that shit to me with Snake, it was the absolute worst.

Going from "maybe snake is in the game" to "Kojima & Konami falling out is real, and Bayonetta is the last DLC character", were some of the darkest times for me.
I'd rather capcom go "Regina isn't in this", than let me falsely hope.

That sounds awful.

I really hope Regina is in.

TreIII

You crazy.

Even so, it probably would be good to get all the salt and talk of "WASTES OF SLOTS" out of the way sooner, rather than later. It's one of the few good things about MvC3 and UMvC3's rosters being leaked earlier on, cuz come what may, it allowed everybody to go through their grieving process on their own time.

Not that I expect such a thing to EVER happen again, if Capcom wants to keep Marvel happy.

I can see both the advantages and disadvantages of leaking the roster early. A complete leak wouldn't really affect my excitement, though I'm more of a fan of gradual reveals.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

We could at least talk hypothetically on movesets we'd like to see.
Rather than getting hopes up on what characters we'd like to see, who then never happen.

I'm whatever with the leak. If we are going to find out characters sooner then that's fine with me. However you should realize that it actually harm the discussions for the game, example: Injustice 2 and Street Fighter V DLC #1.

However I can see why you are concerned about being disappointed and unsatisfying. You should now that it's on you if you are going to expect something that are unlikely to happens. Like me, I'm not expecting to see Breath of Fire character in the game but it would be awesome if they manage to get in. That's why people just need to temper their expectation for the rosters in general. Also I thought you would learn your lesson with Solid Snake.

That was great video. I actually remember that video from long time ago.

Jawmuncher

I'm whatever with the leak. If we are going to find out characters sooner then that's fine with me. However you should realize that it actually harm the discussions for the game, example: Injustice 2 and Street Fighter V DLC #1.

However I can see why you are concerned about being disappointed and unsatisfying. You should now that it's on you if you are going to expect something that are unlikely to happens. Like me, I'm not expecting to see Breath of Fire character in the game but it would be awesome if they manage to get in. That's why people just need to temper their expectation for the rosters in general. Also I thought you would learn your lesson with Solid Snake.

That was great video. I actually remember that video from long time ago.

I never learn. I always bet on what I want.
I will say I won't be as heart broken over Regina as I was snake though. Regina hasn't even been in a cross-over game yet. So it's not really a loss, in the sense that well it never existed so I don't know what it could be. While Snake had that Veteran status and was then cut. That will always hurt more than not getting a newcomer you want.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I never learn. I always bet on what I want.
I will say I won't be as heart broken over Regina as I was snake though. Regina hasn't even been in a cross-over game yet. So it's not really a loss, in the sense that well it never existed so I don't know what it could be. While Snake had that Veteran status and was then cut. That will always hurt more than not getting a newcomer you want.

You really got a good point there. When veterans got cut then there are going to be an empty feeling for awhile, but sometime people just gradually move on. At least, you might have a chance to see Solid Snake in Smash once again if they want him in Smash for Switch.

8oIUPKF.png

When I read I was thinking you were joking =P

I haven't posted here in awhile still that high lol damn

At this point all I want is an official statement saying the game has been delayed. PLEASE don't pull another SFV and release the game too early capcom. If you do it again...well it'll probably be okay but still!

Yeah the amount of silence makes me think they did delay it. Probably going to be a 2018 release along with Avengers 3: Infinity War in May / April.

They can even release it this Fiscal Year at the end of march 2018 to get aboard the Infinity War Hype Train.

I'm on number 10? Wow... I'm honored lol

I'm still waiting for some reveals :/
It seems E3 should be the place where the new info will be shown.

Neoxon

Yeah the amount of silence makes me think they did delay it. Probably going to be a 2018 release along with Avengers 3: Infinity War in May / April.

They can even release it this Fiscal Year at the end of march 2018 to get aboard the Infinity War Hype Train.
Fun Fact: If I recall correctly, Capcom wanted to delay UMvC3 to 2012 (which would have coincided with the Avengers movie), but Marvel wanted the eventually-cancelled THQ first-person Avengers game to be the one to come out alongside the movie. This is how we got screwed out of the likes of Mega Man X, Gene, & Miles Morales.

Top Bottom