• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Buzz + Zurg = Sigma?

maxresdefault.jpg

2017-04-2518_21_49-mamiulc.png

LMAO

Hazzuh

Can't believe they're already pushing this DLC bullshit.

I got fooled by SFV but I'm not touching this. The game looks incredibly bland and the gameplay sounds like its going to be watered down to cater to people who don't even like fighting games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, its like members of a gaming forum with devs who interact with non-devs regularly can't comprehend that a game like MvC:I is going to be more technically intensive than a game like SFV, and they have to sacrifice on some of the visual fidelity in order to achieve a great looking game that runs at a locked 60fps.

Is it a step down from SFV? Yes. It also features twice the amount of character in any given match, features characters swapping in & out of lead position, and has particle & VFX that span the entire screen & appear from out of nowhere. Comparing the graphical styles of these two games is silly. Guess what, MvC3's SF models also looked like a step down from SF4 for the same exact reasons.
This is a good post.

I don't think many people are aware of how crazy Marvel games get though, and they need to be prepared for maximum craziness with install hypers, tracking multiple projectiles and traits like durability on screen, etc.

That said, it still could look better. But again, gameplay is what counts, and there are a ton of questions that need to be answered so I need to know when these previews are dropping ASAP.

Astarte

If Marvel wants you to work within a tight budget you gotta do what you gotta do.

Guilty Gear Xrd is way bigger than Arcsys' small 2D games. I don't see Guilty Gear going back to pixel art.

GG is 'way bigger' than BB?

Also what other small 2d games does arcsys even make besides River City Ransom

Dahbomb

Some of the models look much better than others.

Strider, Ultron, Sigma, Iron Man, Captain Marvel all look great.

Chun Li, Chris, Ryu don't look too hot though.

Art direction sucks ass. Who wants to play a fighting game that looks jet black? Don't you want to see the fighters, not hide them?

MvC and MvC2 had vivid colors. MvC3 was darker but at least they were trying to go for a comic book look with its shader.

But this is just dull and generic. You could slap a FPS logo on it and no one will notice.

q44YrAr.jpg

Zd6wjEc.jpg

God this is a horrible post.

Welcome to marvel town

We re reuse the hell out of assets round here
yeah but it's capcom doing the developing, not marvel...
I'll be crucified but they hardly look better than Marvel 3. And that's in large part due to the art.

Why is this game so dark? It's Marvel. It legit looks like an NRS game.
yeah i could agree with you there. it does.
In a fighting game graphics are the literally the last thing I think about.
It's about the gameplay first and foremost. Uncomplicated chaining and combos are important.
Then comes animation. I need to be able to know whether the enemy Ryu is doing about to do a Shoryuken or Hadoken or Tatsumaki.
Then comes hitboxes. This being Capcom and all, this is what I'm most concerned about.
And then come graphics. The characters could look like PS1-era characters with 100 polys each, I don't care as long as the first three points pass the check.
fair enough, although i think it is also fair to complain that in this generation, fighting game or not, the graphics look very outdated. they look more behind than capcom's latest project and of all the things wrong with that game, graphics weren't a complaint.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
As much as I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, I have a feeling I'm gonna be let down by Marvel's side of the roster again after what happened with MvC3...especially since everyone they announced so far for Infinite has either been in a movie/show or has one coming up.

Dawg, I lost ALL my mains/alternatives in transition coming from MvC2 to MvC3. How the fuck is that possible in fighting games that have large rosters???

They robbed me of:

Cyclops
Sabretooth
Silver Samurai
Big Jugg
Thanos
Gambit
Rogue
Venom
Cable
Colossus
Iceman

Capcom side was pretty good with the exception of them giving Jin the axe and a few others..but the newcomers they added for the most part I felt deserved a spot (too many Street Fighters though) but goddamn Marvel hoed the FUCK outta me.

Watch it happens again this go round. Excited for the game but I'm already prepared for the disappointment yet again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There are already being six DLC characters makes me worried about the size of the roster.

I'd like to get the Deluxe edition, but I'll be cautious.

Well, Release Press, Blog, etc said Character Pass 2017, so I don't think you need to worry about the size of the roster since it's going to be big in few years. I hope that we would hit 32-34 characters for base roster

IM SHEDDING TEARS MY NIGGAS

SIGMA AND X!!!!!

CAPCOM I FUCKING LOVE YOU!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy or you and Negaduck. I still remember both of your posts from MVC3 and UMVC3 Hype threads about Sigma.

People are mad Mvc3 didn't have dlc or not enough stuff.

People are mad mvci has dlc already.

My man.

People are going to be upset over everything regardless.

Can't believe they're already pushing this DLC bullshit.

I got fooled by SFV but I'm not touching this. The game looks incredibly bland and the gameplay sounds like its going to be watered down to cater to people who don't even like fighting games.

Welcome to the digital age and this won't stop unfortunately. Some companies mask it well and announce a few months after release stating some bs lines of "good sales and further future support" luckily Capcom got no shame lol honestly I can understand people being upset but this is the norm.

[QUOTE="D";234669691]As much as I'm cautiously optimistic about this game, I have a feeling I'm gonna be let down by Marvel's side of the roster again after what happened with MvC3...especially since everyone they announced so far for Infinite has either been in a movie/show or has one coming up.

Dawg, I lost ALL my mains/alternatives in transition coming from MvC2 to MvC3. How the fuck is that possible in fighting games that have large rosters???

They robbed me of:

Cyclops
Sabretooth
Silver Samurai
Big Jugg
Thanos
Gambit
Rogue
Venom
Cable
Colossus
Iceman

Capcom side was pretty good with the exception of them giving Jin the axe and a few others..but the newcomers they added for the most part I felt deserved a spot (too many Street Fighters though) but goddamn Marvel hoed the FUCK outta me.

Watch it happens again this go round. Excited for the game but I'm already prepared for the disappointment yet again.[/QUOTE]
Well the X-Men ain't the only Marvel characters that exist.

Kashiwaba

Welcome to the digital age and this won't stop unfortunately. Some companies mask it well and announce a few months after release stating some bs lines of "good sales and further future support" luckily Capcom got no shame lol honestly I can understand people being upset but this is the norm.

Didn't both Bamco and NRS announce dlc characters for Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 before releasing them, heck Injustice 2 got 9 of them lol

I mean at the end of the day, it's a new Vs. game, and even the worst one of those is still a fun fuckin' time, so I'll buy this anyway. The Megaman X series love is just icing on the cake.

The art style is kind of lacking, though. Even Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom had a more appealing artstyle, and that was on Wii hardware.

Korigama

Iirc Shinkiro is a Capcom employee.
He left SNK to work for Capcom well over a decade ago, yes.
GG is 'way bigger' than BB?

Also what other small 2d games does arcsys even make besides River City Ransom
They probably meant bigger in the sense of the workload involved in realizing Xrd. In terms of sales, neither -SIGN- nor Rev1 sold anywhere near as well as BB.

Last small 2D game Arc made was Double Dragon IV.

The face modelling and the lighting definitely need work, but I think the costume design and body proportions look fine. They should definitely get someone like Shinkiro, or one of Capcom's other trademark artists to contribute some portrait art or something to punch up the UI.

Artanisix

wow this game looks like ass

at least sf5 didn't reuse character assets LUL

i guarantee those four figures are going to be like 6" tall and have shit for qc

Astarte

He left SNK to work for Capcom well over a decade ago, yes.

They probably meant bigger in the sense of the workload involved in realizing Xrd. In terms of sales, neither -SIGN- nor Rev1 sold anywhere near as well as BB.

Last small 2D game Arc made was Double Dragon IV.

BB has a little media empire so yeah

Ah, I forgot that it was double dragon 4 lol

tribal24

Banned
The face modelling and the lighting definitely need work, but I think the costume design and body proportions look fine. They should definitely get someone like Shinkiro, or one of Capcom's other trademark artists to contribute some portrait art or something to punch up the UI.

Yeah looks bland that can be a easy fix

The UI in 3 got upgraded from vanilla to ultimate if I'm not mistaken. So with constant support it's possible.

Dartastic

There are already being six DLC characters makes me worried about the size of the roster.

I'd like to get the Deluxe edition, but I'll be cautious.
From what it sounds like, it seems like they're going the SFV route. The 6 DLC characters perfectly line up with what SFV offers. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is built to have legs, and have "seasons" of DLC.

Trace

Banned

Honestly I think just throwing some kind of comic outline would help tons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom