• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negaduck

Didn't both Bamco and NRS announce dlc characters for Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 before releasing them, heck Injustice 2 got 9 of them lol

Capcom is evil etc.

c3v0PFE.jpg

NotEasy

I don't really like the art style, comparing Morrigan face from MvC3 to MvCI it looks really off, dull, simple or unfinished. But this negative reaction is good, maybe Capcom will hear and improve, they might delay the game though :D
Still I'll probably buy day one, I only care about gameplay and the roster

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Well the X-Men ain't the only Marvel characters that exist.

We know this but they still have clout. Only reason why its diminished is cause Marvel's Cold War with Fox...but that still doesn't take away the fact that the X-Men still known and loved right alongside the Avengers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How can it be 2017, you being on a gaming forum and having relatively more understanding of game development than your average consumer, not realize that DLC is planned in advance no matter what as games are treated as a service and have been for basically a decade, and be upset that developers have announced post-launch content and support?

Y'all really think developers wait for first week sales then suddenly make multimillion dollar decisions for whether and what they should do in terms of DLC?

With this naivete sometimes I feel like some gamers are permanently stuck in 2005, jesus christ. Also, boo hoo if it hurt feelings by announcing it sooner rather than later. At worst it gives me better context for my purchasing decisions (e.g. Sigma being one of the DLC characters).

vg260

From what it sounds like, it seems like they're going the SFV route. The 6 DLC characters perfectly line up with what SFV offers. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is built to have legs, and have "seasons" of DLC.

That's all good. I hope they don't go the SFV route with the other aspects of the model.

$5 DLC characters and more reasonably priced DLC outfits are fine. Costumes are a much bigger deal for superhero games, and $4 per costume would get ugly real fast.

Kashiwaba

From what it sounds like, it seems like they're going the SFV route. The 6 DLC characters perfectly line up with what SFV offers. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is built to have legs, and have "seasons" of DLC.
It would be the worst decision ever, games like this are always front loaded capcom should learn from NRS and Bamco, it's like they are one of the greediest companies yet they suck at making it.

Durden77

I'm extremely excited about this, but it also has rushed written all over it. I mean I don't really know what I expect at this point from Capcom fighters, and I always end up loving them, so whatever.

I just really don't like the art style. I love the idea of story mode though and Ulton/Sigma. I come to MvC for the vs, but I'd be damned if I said I didn't want more interactions between the worlds like this.

Well... that wasn't that great for me at least.

Don't really know if the models look odd or the lighting and textures need some work.

6 DLC Characters already? Wow

Kyne

gotta love capcom fans.

don't bring back old chars? fuck you.
bring back too many old chars? fuck your dog.

i'll be real open minded about this game as its the last game that will keep me on the FGC train. I already ducked out of SF5 (actually maybe Smash Switch will bring me back..)

that said, game looks like shit.

Dartastic

That's all good. I hope they don't go the SFV route with the other aspects of the model.

$5 DLC characters and more reasonably priced DLC outfits are fine. Costumes are a much bigger deal for superhero games, and $4 per costume would get ugly real fast.
Yeah, it looks like they're going the SFV route for sure now. "...2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters"
It would be the worst decision ever, games like this are always front loaded capcom should learn from NRS and Bamco, it's like they are one of the greediest companies yet they suck at making it.
Why? I want the game to have legs, and the SFV model of releasing 6 characters a year while balancing at the same time seems to be working.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Didn't both Bamco and NRS announce dlc characters for Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 before releasing them, heck Injustice 2 got 9 of them lol

Yep.

I think we might get more than 6 characters for Character Pass 2018 since they doesn't have a problem to recycle the assets so that would help with their development to move forward somewhat faster.

I would guess 8-10 characters.

tribal24

Banned
I'm extremely excited about this, but it also has rushed written all over it. I mean I don't really know what I expect at this point from Capcom fighters, and I always end up loving them, so whatever.

I just really don't like the art style. I love the idea of story mode though and Ulton/Sigma. I come to MvC for the vs, but I'd be damned if I said I didn't want more interactions between the worlds like this.

You see it would be funny if it has all the characters from umvc3 and more. Just because it's rushed and them reusing assets i'll allow it for more characters.

gotta love capcom fans.

don't bring back old chars? fuck you.
bring back too many old chars? fuck your dog.

i'll be real open minded about this game as its the last game that will keep me on the FGC train. I already ducked out of SF5 (actually maybe Smash Switch will bring me back..)

that said, game looks like shit.

Marvel will be ultimately more cheap and harder to play than sfv (online Im talking about)

How can it be 2017, you being on a gaming forum and having relatively more understanding of game development than your average consumer, not realize that DLC is planned in advance no matter what as games are treated as a service and have been for basically a decade, and be upset that developers have announced post-launch content and support

Y'all really think developers wait for first week sales then suddenly make multimillion dollar decisions for whether and what they should do in terms of DLC?

With this naivete sometimes I feel like some gamers are permanently stuck in 2005, jesus christ. Also, boo hoo if it hurt feelings by announcing it sooner rather than later. At worst it gives me better context for my purchasing decisions (e.g. Sigma being one of the DLC characters).

Facts.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Watching Max Reacts and I wish I was excited as Max about this.

You would be too if your favorite fighting game character was announced for the main roster.

latest

Hype Cash dammit
Lot of it is fake hype to generate views imo. It's a scripted video imo and he probably saw the video 6-8 times before releasing it. So don't feel bad lol.
gotta maximize that CPM, breh

Must be a blast hanging out with folks like you.

Capcom Unity blog post

Doesnt really say anything extra, but it does clarify that Sigma is one of the DLC chracters in the season pass
The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

Crossplay isn't a certain, but the possibility of it isn't ruled out since SFV has crossplay. I think crossplay depends on Sony because Microsoft has gone record saying they are open to it.

With this naivete sometimes I feel like some gamers are permanently stuck in 2005, jesus christ. Also, boo hoo if it hurt feelings by announcing it sooner rather than later.
Well yes, I would prefer if they had given me a lot more info on characters and gameplay at this point before announcing half a dozen characters not available in the base game.

Starting to worry about the size of the starting roster now that the release date is September, the reveal today was almost all returning characters, and they've already announced DLC.

Rarius

Yet you see no one calling them out for that but people are so eager to jump capcom. Just look at this thread.

??? Okay you're just making shit up. People were up Neverrealm's ass for the DLC shit for MKX being disgusting, and have done the same for Injustice 2 every time a trailer comes out ending with PREORDER NOW.

You're making up a dichotomy that doesn't exist.

How can it be 2017, you being on a gaming forum and having relatively more understanding of game development than your average consumer, not realize that DLC is planned in advance no matter what as games are treated as a service and have been for basically a decade, and be upset that developers have announced post-launch content and support?

I'm just pissed that:
A-Its six characters off the bat.
B- One of them is a character that should be in the base game.

vg260

Totally agreed. You'd think after MvC3 support ended so quickly and with people clamoring for updates years later, that they would realize it makes sense to plan this far in advance.

Coda

So far the look of the game is a bit disappointing but I think it's important to see the game in motion first before we make more judgments about it. The HUD and stages do look rather bland at the moment though. Either way I'm in day one, can't believe this game is coming out in 5 months, what a shocker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom