• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA – Gameplay Series #1: Combat

Best thing they've shown so far by a mile. If BioWare have learned their lessons from DA:I this could be very good. I will be raging if it's empty ass worlds with fetch quests everywhere though.

First Mass Effect Andromeda thread where people aren't complaining.

I can't speak for everyone, but my major hangups right now are most definitely not related to the gameplay/combat system, which looks excellent. It makes sense that they're putting their best foot forward (the combat) with the first video too. I'm more curious to see more about exploration, questing, and NPC interactions.

Aaryn

BioWare GM
Because BioWare are dumbasses?

latest

Adam M

This is the first trailer where I can feel the ME vibe and forgetting about Shepard

The only thing visually bothering me is the facial animation, not good.

But if the story is good then I don't care

Yeah, the combat looks dope I love the fact you can combine tech and biotic powers. The additions of the jetpack and the melee weapons adds some nice variety to the gameplay as well.

Fuck yes, looks amazing. My Vanguard FemRyder is ready.

I'll need to dedicate an entire playthrough to a bulked-up BroRyder freezing things with tech and then smashing them with a hammer, though.

Falchion

A good overview of classes/skills, but still there's no continuous footage in that video longer than 15 seconds...

edit: Like a "this is how a whole fight can play out, and here's how you can use various skills" kind of deal. It's just snippets of each ability.

I definitely want to see one continuous gameplay combat section soon so we get a better idea of how it feels.

Sou Da

Kinda has me wondering what happens if you say use only Helius guns on a wild animal encounter and run out of ammo. Do you run to the Nomad for some or what?

Staf

And still much, much more footage incoming before launch.

Just wondering, are you an employe of Bioware Shinobi? You always seem to sit on more information than the average GAFer (and be more optimistic about Bioware lol). I don't mean any offense by it, just curious.

Are you worried that something in the combat system is broken? ...

I'm a bit concerned about pacing as a whole? I'd like to see things like cooldowns, weapon switching, squad AI and abilities, etc. We've seen all the pieces I'd just like to see it all put together, so to speak.

Inquisition had some great demos where they'd run through a portion of a story mission while pointing out how and why they're doing things. That's all.

spekkeh

Banned
That looked great. Though I like that it became a full action RPG with ME2, I don't really play Mass Effect for the shooting (multiplayer never drew me in, and no holster moments was my major gripe with ME3), but it's nice to see that at least the main gameplay loop will most likely be really fun. Now hoping they're not going to go overboard with the shooting and mix it up frequently with role-playing.

CGwizz

I liked everything but the planets look boring. I think i was expecting too much and the games i been playing these past months spoiled me, uncharted 4 ruined everything :S

Everything looks so open and big but empty, i loved the kinda small sections on previous games, they didn't showed them here but i know they are in the game so no big deal.

I love the gear and armors they showed us, so cool. Combat looks fun i cant wait to get into the beta.

Day 1 best IP ever created in the last 15 years.

Griss

I've been lukewarm about this game since reveal.

But this... this is just about enough to push me over the edge into buying it. Looks like fun.

Seeing as I won't be able to get a Switch at launch I guess it's Horizon followed by Mass Effect over the next two months for me.

That was good. That was fucking good. Ive always wanted to combine a biotic charge with a sentry turret. I just hope the story is just as good as the gameplay.

Could this be the start of Bioware recapturing some of their former glory?

"BioWare GM"

Yes, I can read.

Well, if possible, try and be a little more nuanced about your criticisms and not childishly hyperbolic, because I like being able to interact with creators on sites like these, and it'd be cool if they weren't driven away by weirdly aggressive hate.

Top Bottom