• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Cinematic trailer

Why does it seem like everyone human is in a skin tight suit, where's my chunky mass effect armors? hope the game has plenty of that stuff to find.

patapuf

I love the setting and the games, and i'll get this.

but boy, they couldn't have gone in a more boring direction with this.

Ancient alien evil? again?

Almost the same squad composition, again?

And the lines are straight out of current blockbuster movies.

It's not bad but that could have been a lot better, or at least, more interesting.

c3HC0B6.gif
I've waited 600 years for this!

Anyone not impressed by the actiony trailers should really give the Pathfinder initiative videos a watch. Those have been pretty outstanding.

Andodalf

Banned
hey, The end of the video says you can get a free nomad skin, looks like it should have an annotation, but it doesn't any word on this?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm not in love with the armor designs, but they aren't too bad overall. The main thing that is killing me is the fucking pauldrons. What the fuck is going on with those Nerf looking things. They're tiny and squishy looking and look ridiculous on everyone but especially lightly armored characters like Cora.

Plum

I mean, what are you guys expecting. A trailer is supposed to convey "this is the bad guy", not flesh out his backstory and impetus behind what he's doing.

This trailer just showing an antagonist and giving us no reason for why he's different does not do anything but make me less enthused about the game. I was hopeful a game about colonization would be about the complex relationships between alien races and the struggle to keep peace and balance whilst finding a new home, instead that part seems to be relegated to side quests whilst the main quest is "defeat generic bad guy or your mission will fail!"

Wow copy the avengers line smh and I don't feel the main character at all. I miss Shepard. I LOVED Mass Effect 1-3 but this one isn't clicking for me.

hydruxo

It looks good to me but the squadmates aren't doing much for me this time around? Maybe I'll like them more when I get to know them in-game.

dr_rus

Mass Effect is like one of my favorite things ever and I don't know why I can't get it up for this game..

It's bumming me out. :(

Cause it looks totally and utterly secondary and generic in each of the showings. This trailer made me think of Final Fantasy for some reason.

The squadmates of DAI were walking borefests, These squadmates seem to be going the same route.

Nu-Bioware at it again, They lost the magic years ago.

Inquisition in space.

Ralemont

not me
This trailer just showing an antagonist and giving us no reason for why he's different does not do anything but make me less enthused about the game. I was hopeful a game about colonization would be about the complex relationships between alien races and the struggle to keep peace and balance whilst finding a new home, instead that part seems to be relegated to side quests whilst the main quest is "defeat generic bad guy or your mission will fail!"

So you admit the trailer doesn't tell you the Archon's role and place in Andromeda and then speculate that he's a generic big bad that doesn't have anything to do with race relations and trying to find a new home while keeping peace?

This type of dubious reasoning is why, ftr, it seems some don't want this game to be good.

Huh, that was more underwhelming than I expected.

I'm hoping for a good game but I get the feeling that what ME1 gave in its storytelling isn't going to be on show here.

patapuf

This.

The ancient evil things means we'll go around different colonies, solve their problems and unite everyone to fight against the big bad alien in an epic battle.

There will be zero ambiguity about whether that's the right thing to do.

Keasar

Looks alright. No idea about the story but it felt like Xenoblade Chronicles X of "We big aliens, we wanna kill you for reasons."

spekkeh

Banned
Awesome, I'm finally getting excited. So basically it's like Star Trek. Dunno if I considered Mass Effect like Star Trek before, more space opera like Wars or Galactica but okay, I like everything sci-fi, so I'm still good. The brooding alien dude was meh, but we'll see if they can add some interesting elements.

Claire Underwood as main waifu? Don't know how I feel about that.

Top Bottom