• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mayoiga “The Lost Village” (TV/Anime) |OT| This is not the Disney we asked for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

cKchDOC.jpg

what does it mean

Uggh, lazy production?

Cornbread78

That explained nothing we needed/wanted to know. At least Lovepon got in her "execution" request yet again. Everything else is moving slowly at this point, but those stone arrows...

Not sure where they can end this with 4 more episodes, hopefully, it goes back to the craziness.

Cornbread78

Well, we finally got some backstory from "best bro" but we also found out his true feelings towards Mitsu. Kinda a public k thing to pass along the superiority complex from his bad upbringing by his snotty parents and thinking he can do it to his friends. Uugghh..

Other than that, still too many holes in the story and not enough crazy to make up for it.

Cornbread78

Did they really have him picking his nose? The show needs more dark and crazy comedy. I guess they are shedding more light on what Nanaki is, but....

sonicmj1

This show has been really disappointing.

There was a while where I felt like they had something they were going for, but now I'm not so sure. What am I supposed to be getting out of this as a viewer? I don't have any reason to care about the outcome of the mystery, because all of the characters are poor, and because it's all tied to the supernatural, you can't really predict anything based on evidence. I had thought they were building into a sort of slasher horror thing, where it's okay to be rooting against most of your cast, but apparently not.

I feel like I have a duty to see this through to the end, but I haven't gotten anything out of it for weeks.

T-Rex.

Banned
I thought they were building up to him actually being the brother who died and he just couldn't accept his death lol.

Cornbread78

The show went from dark humor to pure craziness to WTF this isn't even funny anymore. It's like they couldn't find an identity fir the show they wanted and are just forcing it to conclusion. Total shit direction in something that started very promising. It's a shame really because the darkness and possible death game/drama was the most interesting part going into the show, but they have completely botched this one..

Cornbread78

Just because I can air my feelings, to myself, buy out loud, about this bad show...

At least we're back to the utter nonsense, but it's really lacking in the stupid dark comedy area right now. I can't wait for the show to end, this is by far my biggest disappointment of the season.

Linkark07

Banned
This is over... What can I say? I will miss this awful anime. Despite everything, I truthfully enjoyed it and made me wait each Friday. With all the craziness and stupid nonesense that happened, this was truly a wild ride. Mayoiga is one of those so bad it's good anime series.

6/10 in my book.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
They should have let the people coming up with crazy theories on the internet write this show. It would have been far better than the train wreck it turned into. I have no idea why I watched it to the end. It's not even Infinite Stratos guilty pleasure levels of entertaining. >_<

Cornbread78

Talk about the most disappointing show of the season,... That ending was blah, just like the last 5 or so have been, so I'm not typically of surprised, it's just a shame the show ended up such garbage.... just what was Okada and that director thinking..

Everything was there to be a nice dark tale Ina unique setting, but in the end, nothing fucking happened... psychological scars are nanaki? Uugghh, than k so for the psychological thriller everyone though we were going to get...

Oh well, on to the Summer season next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom