• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 6 - 12 November 2006

Rock_Man said:
Media Create / Dengeki / Famitsu

PS3 hardware:
20GB: 35,865 / 36,866 / 33,800
60GB: 45,774 / 49,270 / 54,600
Combined: 81,639 / 86,136 / 88,400

PS3 software:
66,684 / 70,889 / 86,600

So some peoplle bought only a ps3 and no games?

Neomoto

Didn't expect to see PSP and PS2 go down that much.. it really is incredible that the DS singlehandidly outsold every Sony system on the market on the launchweek of the new console from the market leader.. combined.. plus all other gamemachines added :lol

I would like to see how the PS3 and Wii will fare against eachother.. depending on how many ps3 units are out, I think the Wii could blow out of the water right from the start. They certainly have all the right things going for it, and by that I mean everything.

apujanata

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
11/16 First day sales
PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 Empires - 60.000 (59%)
PS2 Naruto: Konoha Spirits - 13.000 (16%)
NDS Magic Taizen - 13.000 (7%)
NDS Akumajou Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth - 10.000 (38%) 

Magic Taizen is a Nintendo game...so don't let that 7% get you.

What is Magic Taizen ? Is 7% one of the lowest percentage ever for first day sales ?

apujanata said:
What is Magic Taizen ? Is 7% one of the lowest percentage ever for first day sales ?

Wasn't Magic Taizen the Magic Card Trick Training game? In that case, it has potential for a lot of sales over the DS`lifetime.

jesusraz

splattergnome said:
Wasn't Magic Taizen the Magic Card Trick Training game? In that case, it has potential for a lot of sales over the DS`lifetime.

It's like the magic version of Clubhouse Games, as far as I'm aware. That sold over 500,000 units, so this has potential :)

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Animal Crossing might do another million if the anime is a huge success. It's scary what Animal Crossing has become - one of Nintendo's biggest series.

That's a good thing. I hope, if its possible, that Nintendo could maybe update ACWW with actual new stuff... :(

From comgnet: looks like a hard drop for PS3 titles (remember: only 30k PS3s shipped this week); only two made the TOP20:
My estimates
Code:
1   Shin SanGoku 2: Empires+Treasure Box            413*230	95,000/NEW
2   Common Sense Brain Training for Adults             75	*1150	86,000/537,000
3   Pocket Monster Pearl	                            99	*670	66,000/1,490,000
4   Kirby Star DS	                                            67	*940	63,000/307,000
5   Pocket Monster Diamond	                            85	*700	60,000/1,743,000
6   New Super Mario Bros.	                            29	*610	18,000/3,412,000
[B]7   Ridge Racer 7	                                            20*460	 9,200/30,900[/B]
8   Final Fantasy V Advance	                            30	*300	 9,000/????
[B]9   M.S. Gundam: Target in Sight	            21*340	 7,100/28,400[/B]

And for those interested in what the Japanese are anticipating
Here are the current top Reservations:
I'll multiply by 200 (to nat'l figures) to be on the safe side 'cos there's no way of knowing the accuracy:

1 [NDS] Love and Berry DS Collection (What's this?) - 1660pt = 332,000!!
2 [PS2] Tales of Destiny - 906pt = 181,200!!
3 [PS2] 機動戦士GundamSEED 連合 vs. Z.A.F.T2 Plus - 552pt = 110,400
4 [PS2] Summon Night 4 - 460pt = 92,000
5 [PS2] Super Robot War OG ORIGINAL GENERATIONS - 342pt = 68,400
6 [Wii] Zelda: Twilight Princess - 316pt = 63,200
7 [PS2] Fate/stay night〔Realta Nua〕(限定版) - 275pt = 55,000
8 [PS2] 龍が如く2 - 208pt = 41,600
9 [PS2] .hack//G.U. Vol.3 歩くような速さで - 198pt = 39,600
10 [PS2] 夜明け前より瑠璃色な-Brighter than dawning blue-(限定版) - 181pt = 36,200
11 [X360] DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme2 - 163pt = 32,600:D
12 [PS2] GTA San Andreas - 161pt = 32,200
13 [GBA] FF6 Advance - 156pt = 31,200
14 [Wii] はじめてのWiiPack (Made in Wario?) - 129pt = 25,800
15 [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 124pt = 24,800
16 [Wii] WiiSports - 118pt = 23,600
17 [PS2] ひぐらしのなく頃に 祭(限定版) - 113pt = 22,600
18 [PSP] Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology - 108pt = 21,600
19 [PS2] Wild Arms ザフィフスヴァンガード - 101pt = 20,200
20 [PS2] Seiken Densetsu 4 - 100pt = 20,000

The Japanese are huge on making reservations!!
Can anyone help finishing the translations?

Xavien

Speevy said:
I wonder why it's even worth it to track the 3 people who bought the Xbox.

Indeed, why don't they just chop Xbox off the end of the list, we've had our fun ridiculing it for being in single digits. Besides Microsoft doesn't even produce them anymore, so all that's selling is leftover stock.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Xavien said:
Indeed, why don't they just chop Xbox off the end of the list, we've had our fun ridiculing it for being in single digits. Besides Microsoft doesn't even produce them anymore, so all that's selling is leftover stock.
They should also drop the GBA. Famitsu dropped both the Xbox and GBA last year.

enishi

Square2005 said:
1 [NDS] オシャレ魔女 ラブandベリー DS Collection (What's this?) - 1660pt = 332,000!!

This is Love and Berry - a card collection game from Arcade ported by Sega. It is already a huge hit among young girls in Japan. Since it bundles with the card reader that reads all cards from its arcade version. I think it can easily sell over 500k for its first week (i.e. this week; it is releasing on Wed)

A real battle between Jump Ultimate Stars (release on Thurs)/Love and Berry in next week's chart.

donny2112

I suspect that Media-Create will drop at least the Xbox at the end of this year. The GBA is still having decent selling releases (FFV, Rhythm Tengoku, coming FFVI) for it, so I could see it hanging on a while. GameCube might also be dropped, though.

How long was the PS1 tracked by Media-Create after the PS2 came out?

Parl

JoshuaJSlone said:
pacchartweekly.php

Our poor DS Pacman had to open wide to eat the PS3 this week. He'll be back to normal next week. But Ds and Wii are going to be fighting in December, but DS will win, except probably on launch week for Wii.

NeonZ

5 [PS2] Super Robot War OG ORIGINAL GENERATIONS - 342pt = 68,400

:( I was hoping this game would bomb. Bah. I don't like most Banpresto's originals, and they're focusing too much on them lately.

They just try too hard to "sell" those characters. You've got the "cool" types, the "young hot blooded" types, the "shy genius school girl", the older mentor, the "girl next door", a Ryoga (Ranma 1/2) rip-off, etc. They just don't seem natural...

Out of the characters in that game I know about, I only really like the Greydons, Fiona and Raul, who have much more natural personalities (and clothes) than most other Banpresto's originals, but that's it. It doesn't help they were originally the same character, only with different genders and love interests, but became siblings in this game, and their personality isn't very interesting either. At least, their mech seems great in this game, now it's able to switch frames during a battle...

I really want a real new Super Robot Wars with Mazinger, Gundam and others... The last two real ones were just remakes... I hope DS won't be yet another remake.

donny2112 said:
I suspect that Media-Create will drop at least the Xbox at the end of this year. The GBA is still having decent selling releases (FFV, Rhythm Tengoku, coming FFVI) for it, so I could see it hanging on a while. GameCube might also be dropped, though.

How long was the PS1 tracked by Media-Create after the PS2 came out?

M-create trackt the PSOne till the last week of 2004 (12/27-1/2).
So four years...

enishi said:
This is Love and Berry - a card collection game from Arcade ported by Sega. It is already a huge hit among young girls in Japan. Since it bundles with the card reader that reads all cards from its arcade version. I think it can easily sell over 500k for its first week (i.e. this week; it is releasing on Wed)

A real battle between Jump Ultimate Stars (release on Thurs)/Love and Berry in next week's chart.

Wow, an arcade game so popular among girls that it's at the top of the reervation charts...
Wasn't someone from Famitsu estimating this would be Sega's second million seller in Japan (After Virtua Fighter 2)?

&#12458;&#12471;&#12515;&#12524;&#39764;&#22899; <BTW what does this mean? Oshiyare?

Markster

I think it may be time soon to retire the Pac-Man chart.

Or at least, reconfigure him as a combination of DS and Wii.

I doubt that the DS will have the same domination for much longer.

bigswords

Xeke said:
You're all failing to see the trend here.

9/10 last week.
8/10 this week.

It's fairly obvious that DS games are falling out of favor with the Japanese public. I expect to see a rise in PSP units sold the following week because of the PS3 release and the connectivity features with the PSP that it provides. I'd say it's about time to forget about any Nintendo dominance this winter, what with the PSP being able to be used as a rearview mirror and all.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL :lol

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Markster said:
I think it may be time soon to retire the Pac-Man chart.

Or at least, reconfigure him as a combination of DS and Wii.

I doubt that the DS will have the same domination for much longer.

I agree. The Nintendo DS has been selling out since 2005, but there was literally no direct competition for the gamers' wallet in 2006. This next year will be totally different, with the Wii and a resurgent Sony (and their blessed PSP; like an angel's kiss).

The Pac-man chart should be restructured so that it shows the combination of the manufacturers systems. In essence, weekly market share by company.

Parl said:
Our poor DS Pacman had to open wide to eat the PS3 this week. He'll be back to normal next week. But Ds and Wii are going to be fighting in December, but DS will win, except probably on launch week for Wii.
Actually the Pac-Man chart is only set to actually create a Pac-Man piece if a system has over 50%. The Wii might be the first non-DS Pac-Man this year, but after that I'm betting things will be too split up for DS Lite to be a Pac-Man again until at least next year.

Barf_the_Mog said:
The Pac-man chart should be restructured so that it shows the combination of the manufacturers systems. In essence, weekly market share by company.
Actually, that's already possible. But with the ?group=Manufacturer at the end it's not directly displayable as an image at GAF. http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/pacchartweekly.php?group=Manufacturer
Or you could see whether consoles are eating portables or vice-versa. http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/pacchartweekly.php?group=SystemType

Joe Molotov

The obvious solution would be to split the chart in two. Handhelds in one, consoles in the other. Then the DS could be Pac-Man, and the Wii could be Ms. Pac-Man.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Joe Molotov said:
The obvious solution would be to split the chart in two. Handhelds in one, consoles in the other. Then the DS could be Pac-Man, and the Wii could be Ms. Pac-Man.

But Pac-man would always have a closed mouth in the handheld chart :-(

Joe Molotov said:
Mmm, that's not a bad idea. Currently you can group things together in various ways, but not limit to viewing just the systems within a particular group. Then one could even see a small Microsoft pie where X360 is Pac-Man.

Bo130

JoshuaJSlone said:
Then one could even see a small Microsoft pie where X360 is Pac-Man.

:lol! That made my day :D

But good idea none the less. I would suggest splitting the chart into handhelds and consoles as well :)

Barf_the_Mog said:
I agree. The Nintendo DS has been selling out since 2005, but there was literally no direct competition for the gamers' wallet in 2006. This next year will be totally different, with the Wii and a resurgent Sony (and their blessed PSP; like an angel's kiss).

Huh?

Markster

NintendosBooger said:
I think that was his (perhaps too blunt) way of saying that:
1) Home consoles didn't put up much competition due to PS2 market saturation and 360 failures, and
2) The PSP never caught on the way the DS did.

Though yeah, Barf_the_Mog really did generalize a bit far on that.

Rock_Man

11/13 - 11/19 (Famitsu)

1 NDS Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Pokemon)
2 PS2 Sengoku Musou 2 Empires (Koei)
3 NDS Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS (Nintendo)
4 NDS Hoshi no Kirby (Nintendo)
5 PS2 Ryu ga Gotoku (PS2 the Best) (Sega)
6 NDS New SMB (Nintendo)
7 NDS Magic Taizen (Nintendo)
8 NDS Kanji (IE Institute)
9 NDS More Brain Age (Nintendo)
10 PS2 Naruto: Konoha Spirits (Bandai)

bold = new

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl has now been number one for 8 consecutive weeks wich is a new record! The previous record was held by Ruby/Sapphire with 7 weeks.

The real significance of this chart lies in the complete and utter absence of the PS3 games.

I mean, seriously. This is ridiculous.

donny2112 said:
I suspect that Media-Create will drop at least the Xbox at the end of this year. The GBA is still having decent selling releases (FFV, Rhythm Tengoku, coming FFVI) for it, so I could see it hanging on a while.
Well, GBASP and GBM tend to sell a hundred times better than the original model GBA, so GBA as a family would still be well represented without the dozen of the original model each week.

General Knowledge Training and Kirby really hanging in there. Good too see the awesome Ryu Ga Gotoku jump (wonder if it'll make media-create's top 10)... no PS3 games definitely speaks of supply issues. Ridge Racer 7 might be bomba status if Sony doesn't get their acts together quickly.

jesusraz said:
No Castlevania? Disappointing...

True. I was expecting it to hit 25K or so for first week...but I guess I was hoping for so much. DoS did about ~30K total iirc. Such a great Castlevania game too.

Top Bottom