• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 6 - 12 November 2006

Square2005 said:
Wow, an arcade game so popular among girls that it's at the top of the reervation charts...
Wasn't someone from Famitsu estimating this would be Sega's second million seller in Japan (After Virtua Fighter 2)?

I said that! :D

and i didn't change my mind

donny2112

JoshuaJSlone said:
Well, GBASP and GBM tend to sell a hundred times better than the original model GBA, so GBA as a family would still be well represented without the dozen of the original model each week.

I don't think Media-Create would drop one without dropping all three. That'd be like dropping the regular DS sales from the charts. It's not big in itself, but it's part of something much larger on a weekly basis.

Arsenal

Mike Works said:
I wish I could go back in time and tell everyone on this board that the DS was going to easily outsell the PS3 in Japan.

Buy some Nintedo Stock while you are back there.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I had said that Sony had to wait some weeks more before to lauch the machine. They have BIG problems with the producton.

because having 80k ps3s sitting in a warehouse is a lot smarter than delaying it...

apujanata

king zell said:
so were is this week numbers ?

maybe M-create is having a day off ?
Or maybe they are double checking the software sales, since there are some figures they find hard to believe ?

image.php

ava35.jpg

wat

But

http://game10.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1164204927/5/

DSL 129000
PS3 42000
PSP 17000

42 DS チン 3100 180000 89
23 DS III 8200 860000 83
21 DS カート 8800 1742000 97
47 DS 蘇る 2500 111000 91

16 PS3 7 10000 32000 33
19 PS3 機動 9500 31000 33
62 DS 新牧 1600 101000 88
17 DS ウイ 10000 123000 67
40 DS 目で 3000 10000 41
35 GBA 宝石 4000 1742000 99
43 GBA 赤 2800 1503000 -
58 GBA 緑 1700 1206000 -
14 DS キュラ 16000 16000 52

MrDaravon

donny2112 said:
I suspect that Media-Create will drop at least the Xbox at the end of this year. The GBA is still having decent selling releases (FFV, Rhythm Tengoku, coming FFVI) for it, so I could see it hanging on a while. GameCube might also be dropped, though.

IIRC FFVI is the LAST GBA game coming out in Japan (barring any re-releases at least), and Zelda GC is the LAST GC game. I'd expect them to drop GBA by the end of December/January, and GC sometime very early next year (February/March).

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
no I don't want it to die :(
give it software to nourish it back to health

Sony needed to have had people on that shit at last E3 at the latest. The system is too far gone now.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
AniHawk said:
Sony needed to have had people on that shit at last E3 at the latest. The system is too far gone now.

No, wrong Anihawk. The PSP is still in direct competition with the DS in North America and I assume it's doing better in Europe, too. It's just Japan, and their fetish for games that would have been great a decade ago that's keeping the system down.

AniHawk

Barf_the_Mog said:
No, wrong Anihawk. The PSP is still in direct competition with the DS in North America and I assume it's doing better in Europe, too. It's just Japan, and their fetish for games that would have been great a decade ago that's keeping the system down.

Oh, that's neat. Really neat. Wrong, but neat.

Barf_the_Mog said:

GBA SP was raping the PSP here in North America, Sony needs to save this sexy machine, I will never trust them if they don't try to save it.

PSP does well but not well enough

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
GBA SP was raping the PSP here in North America, Sony needs to save this sexy machine, I will never trust them if they don't try to save it.

PSP does well but not well enough

The PSP hardware is selling decently in NA right now. Maybe Xboxish levels from 2002 or so. The software is selling ****ing terribly though, and that's where the real problem is, and that's why the system will be on life support sometime in '07 if things don't pick up dramatically for whatever reason soon (and I highly doubt they will).

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Look, I have a DS and love the hell out of it, but even I can see that PSP is the superior system. Its games are diverse, graphics sweet, and functionality unrivaled. The screen is vibrant and just the perfect size for portability; what is the deal with two screens anyway? Most DS games seem almost hampered by two screens, save for such titles like Brain Age and....Brain Age.

AniHawk

Barf_the_Mog said:
Look, I have a DS and love the hell out of it, but even I can see that PSP is the superior system. Its games are diverse, graphics sweet, and functionality unrivaled. The screen is vibrant and just the perfect size for portability; what is the deal with two screens anyway? Most DS games seem almost hampered by two screens, save for such titles like Brain Age and....Brain Age.

So, now it's less of "Nuh-uh! The PSP isn't dying!" and more of "Well I like it better regardless!"

Interesting.

Barf_the_Mog said:

You want us to believe that its not selling software even with this great position you have pointed out?

Top Bottom