• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/28 - 2/3

bryehn said:
It was already more than half-translated to English when it was released in Japan, I really don't think there's any doubt that it's coming...

I hope you're right, but I'm not going to be calmed until I see something official. This heart can't take much more of a beating.

ksamedi

DeaconKnowledge said:
I'm not getting you here.

Why is this year suddenly a breakout year for the PSP? Because the DS has reached 20 million? What incentive to all but a handful of developers have to try with the PSP that they didn't have a year ago?

Probably because two is better than one. I think this is a big opportunity for companies to grow. The Japanese market has shown that it can live with 2 handhelds so both should be supported since they offer a somewhat different experience.

Vinci

Danish
ksamedi said:
Probably because two is better than one. I think this is a big opportunity for companies to grow. The Japanese market has shown that it can live with 2 handhelds so both should be supported since they offer a somewhat different experience.

That won't happen though until the PSP can show that it can consistently sell software, not just occasionally.

ksamedi

Vinci said:
That won't happen though until the PSP can show that it can consistently sell software, not just occasionally.

Dude, what does that even mean? If titles like Monster Hunter can sell a couple of million and high profile FF titles can sell than I don't see whats wrong here since they are a good measure that people do want and buy software when its offered.

Edit: Clearly, Japanese publishers are surprised by the situation themselves as well. The fact of the matter is though that Japanese companies should give up on supporting just one big platform and form capable teams that can put out good quality on secondary platforms as well. Clearly the Japanese market has evolved into gaming where more than one platform can be supported. Nintendo is the one to thank here but thats another topic. The fact of the matter is that publishers should grow and support the Wii, PSP, DS, PS3/360 with some high quality teams. Even if the Wii gets the most titles which is normal.

spwolf

Vinci said:

i dont think that will happen really... but what might happen is PSP proving that it can sell hardware. From 1seg in Japan to GPS in Europe...

I am personally going to snap up GPS module for PSP myself and avoid buying 2x more expensive Garmin with less features.

Vinci

Danish
ksamedi said:
Dude, what does that even mean? If titles like Monster Hunter can sell a couple of million and high profile FF titles can sell than I don't see whats wrong here since they are a good measure that people do want and buy software when its offered.

You mean they buy games when they're offered from the biggest franchises in the country? 'Cause Monster Hunter and FF are huge in Japan. It's not just a matter of putting out quality software on the thing; they sell 'cause they're from a major line of games.

I'm not saying they shouldn't put games on the thing, just that I don't see why anyone would put something on the PSP over the DS unless it's from a popular series that always sees high sales.

Pureauthor said:
Well, how does one define 'significant'?

Reggie's quote was in support of a narrative that a lot of people were on board with: the audience for Halo 3 was composed of hardcore shooter fans who bought 360s early on, so the console sales would stay flat on its release month and the game wouldn't sell much beyond its release month when those hardcore already-360-owners bought it. Neither one was really particularly accurate.

It's not a big deal or anything, but, like, inasmuch as the point of Reggie's statement was "X360 can't beat us in hardware sales for a month thanks to Halo 3," it wasn't an accurate statement.

kswiston said:
How was the DS phat made obsolete?

Er... it was replaced by another version that sells for the same price but is equivalent or better in every measurable way? You can quibble on the meaning of "obsolete" if you want (technically almost nothing is ever obsolete if you are nitpicky enough) but it is just nitpicking.

Until it dies, spending $130 on something that looks nicer but does exactly the same thing is a waste of money.

Er... ok? That's nice that you don't feel the need to replace your system, I'm not going to like shoot you over it or anything. The demographic trend is for those Phat systems, in large part, to get replaced, so that's what I'm describing.

While I won't argue that DS has brought in some new gamers. The size of the PS2 market is not an accurate indication of the previous size of the gaming community in Japan. I'm sure the number of people who owned a gamecube or GBA without owning a PS2 is larger than the 1M difference between the two userbases. This doesn't even count lapsed NES/SNES/PS1 gamers who skipped last gen.

Well, either way, it's supportive of a much higher ceiling for total DS sales than ~20-25 million. If there are (say) 40 million "gamers" in Japan, it's even easier to conceive of the system getting to 30 million LTD and beyond.

DeaconKnowledge said:
I wonder if a new DS would lose the GBA slot.

The answer to this question, forever and always, is "Pokemon."

ksamedi said:
I also think that the succes of the PSP has given the DS a longer life because Sony will probably delay the next PSP with these sales.

Yep. I've been saying this for a while. With their current performance there's no reason for either handheld maker to push for a new handheld gen right away.

Forgotten Ancient said:
I hope you're right, but I'm not going to be calmed until I see something official.

Yeah, but could you, like, stop posting about it? I'm getting tired of the DQ4 hyperventilating. Even if it gets announced, you nervous nellies are just going to say "But remember the ad for the PSX version! IT COULD GET YANKED AT THE LAST SECOND!!!"

iidesuyo

Vinci said:

Oh no, not this again... week after week...

PSP software actually SELLS when it's there. No releases = no sales. WE did well, much better than it's predecessor. Gundam just had 60k first day. Yggdra Union on par with the GBA. Monster Hunter... whatever, forget about it.

Developers left the PSP for the DS when the latter sold like crazy. Now we see the results (games aren't made in a few weeks, the games released now were greenlighted many many months ago).

Now things are changing. DS is not that dominating anymore. Yeah the Top 15 to 50 are full of DS games... but what does a game sell that enters at position 37 or 25? That's not impressive either. The PSP can find its niché, and it is definitely more interesting now for developers.

jarrod

Banned
To be fair, PSP software sales were slumping pre-slim. It wasn't just a case of the DS base making them jump ship, it was their own games suddenly tracking well below year one software figures too.

iidesuyo said:

I feel the same way about your point of view which you have expressed many times as well. I'm not sure why the market can't sustain both platforms as viable. I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you say the PSP is more interesting but if I were a publisher, a 21 million plus userbase would be the most interesting thing on the market right now.

Jokeropia

charlequin said:
Reggie's quote was in support of a narrative that a lot of people were on board with: the audience for Halo 3 was composed of hardcore shooter fans who bought 360s early on, so the console sales would stay flat on its release month and the game wouldn't sell much beyond its release month when those hardcore already-360-owners bought it. Neither one was really particularly accurate.

It's not a big deal or anything, but, like, inasmuch as the point of Reggie's statement was "X360 can't beat us in hardware sales for a month thanks to Halo 3," it wasn't an accurate statement.
Actually, he didn't really say any of these things. What he said was the "Halo 3 consumer" is someone who already owns a 360, which by and large turned out to be true. The game sold 3.3 million units in September and bumped the hardware ~200k above normal level. That's roughly 94% of Halo 3 buyers who either already owned the system or would've gotten it anyway.

Now I do think the game sold more 360s than that overall, but it's spread throughout the entire generation rather than manifesting in a gigantic splash on the launch month. (And the question Reggie responded to was how it would affect the console battle that holiday season.)
iidesuyo said:
Now things are changing. DS is not that dominating anymore.
Since the beginning of the year, DS software has outsold PSP software by about 6 to 1.

donny2112

test_account said:
Do we get Chart-Track hardware numbers or was this said through the Nintendo press conference (or some other conference)?

There were end-of-year numbers released. We used to have a member of Nintendo of U.K.'s marketing team post on the boards. He let us know about the TRU discrepancy. He got the actual numbers from TRU and Chart-Track weekly and could readily see that Chart-Track wasn't adjusting enough to cover TRU's Nintendo sales. This was back when the PSP and DS were almost neck-and-neck, so that relatively small difference was worth noting. With the DS over 4.4 million (IIRC) in the U.K., now, it's not as big a deal.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Vinci said:
You mean they buy games when they're offered from the biggest franchises in the country? 'Cause Monster Hunter and FF are huge in Japan. It's not just a matter of putting out quality software on the thing; they sell 'cause they're from a major line of games.

To be fair though, while the Monster Hunter series was quite successful on PS2 (I think the best selling one was Monster Hunter 2 reaching about 550k), it wasn't until its PSP release it became really big.

Question for J-Gaffers: Have the in store demo units used for showing SSBB stayed there for demoing other Wii games, or have they been completely removed?

charlequin said:
Yeah, but could you, like, stop posting about it? I'm getting tired of the DQ4 hyperventilating. Even if it gets announced, you nervous nellies are just going to say "But remember the ad for the PSX version! IT COULD GET YANKED AT THE LAST SECOND!!!"

Nope. I don't follow news super closely, so I was genuinely interested in if there was an announcement. Being told an unsubstantiated "there's no reason to doubt it'll come out" isn't good enough. Just say "no" to the question of whether it was announced rather than try to quell the fears of people holding out for it.

ethelred

iidesuyo said:

PSP software actually SELLS when it's there. No releases = no sales. WE did well, much better than it's predecessor. Gundam just had 60k first day. Yggdra Union on par with the GBA. Monster Hunter... whatever, forget about it.

Developers left the PSP for the DS when the latter sold like crazy. Now we see the results (games aren't made in a few weeks, the games released now were greenlighted many many months ago).

Now things are changing. DS is not that dominating anymore. Yeah the Top 15 to 50 are full of DS games... but what does a game sell that enters at position 37 or 25? That's not impressive either. The PSP can find its niché, and it is definitely more interesting now for developers.

Oh. Haha. Okay.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
There were end-of-year numbers released. We used to have a member of Nintendo of U.K.'s marketing team post on the boards. He let us know about the TRU discrepancy. He got the actual numbers from TRU and Chart-Track weekly and could readily see that Chart-Track wasn't adjusting enough to cover TRU's Nintendo sales. This was back when the PSP and DS were almost neck-and-neck, so that relatively small difference was worth noting. With the DS over 4.4 million (IIRC) in the U.K., now, it's not as big a deal.

Ah ok, do Chart-Track usually release hardware numbers at the end of the year or was it something that they used to do? I dont remember if we have anything for 2007 from them. I wish we did though :\

Forgotten Ancient said:
Just say "no" to the question of whether it was announced rather than try to quell the fears of people holding out for it.

I'm not trying to quell your fears. If you want to worry quietly at home I don't mind!

Jokeropia said:
Now I do think the game sold more 360s than that overall, but it's spread throughout the entire generation rather than manifesting in a gigantic splash on the launch month.

That's probably true.

This is what happens when PSP sells more then the DS for one week, I'd hate to see what happens if the PSP starts to outsell the DS constantly.

BishopLamont said:
This is what happens when PSP sells more then the DS for one week, I'd hate to see what happens if the PSP starts to outsell the DS constantly.
That would probably be better, because this discussion would at least be justified.

donny2112

test_account said:
Ah ok, do Chart-Track usually release hardware numbers at the end of the year or was it something that they used to do?

I believe they did in 2005. In 2006, a website reported the end of year figures, but then they were pulled. I haven't seen anything official for all systems in 2007. Just like NPD was reporting the figures officially for the first time starting with the PS3/Wii launch, it was probably a "the generation just started, so let's release them" kind of thing with the 360 just launching and the PSP/DS race being so tight.

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
I believe they did in 2005. In 2006, a website reported the end of year figures, but then they were pulled. I haven't seen anything official for all systems in 2007. Just like NPD was reporting the figures officially for the first time starting with the PS3/Wii launch, it was probably a "the generation just started, so let's release them" kind of thing with the 360 just launching and the PSP/DS race being so tight.

Ok, thanks for the info :) Pity that they dont release the console numbers anymore, but i guess its because they also sell the data to people and they dont want to give this info out for free then (i wish they could give us YTD atleast though :\). I think it cost something like £15,000 to get the numbers (both hardware and software i think, not sure if that £15.000 or so covers one year subscription or infinity subscription, i would guess more than a year though, but i dont know). Someone mentioned it a few weeks ago or so.

donny2112

Twilight Princess said:
i hope psp will continue to outsell the ds as it's a far better piece of hardware.

The last time the better piece of hardware (amongst the viable systems) won a generation was the Super NES beating out the Genesis.
can of worms, opened

Pachael said:
With Blu-Ray sewed up, there's only one way for the PS3 to go: up.

With that kind of strategy, the PS3 might just be the next PSP.

topscouse said:
Which numbers do we think are the accurate ones. If we do an average between the two sets of numbers the DS tracks higher.

There's a website for that kind of thing ...

test_account said:
360 and PS3 numbers match on that Famitsu numbers from what was reported on wedensday atleast, but Wii was reported to be 100k, this one got 106k. I dunno whats right though, but 106k sounds alittle more right, since its its not normal that hardware sales goes on exactly 100k (or 50k, 60k etc.), or is it? I see that PSP is 50k, maybe Famitsu rounds up or down to the nearest thousand?

sinobi isn't very precise when he reports numbers, unfortunately. He is the source for the Wednesday numbers. Famitsu doesn't round to the nearest thousand, but for these early numbers, the person posting them rounds to the nearest thousand.

Mr. Pointy said:
Most of the people who want DQIX will have bought a DS already, so I don't think there will be a huge HW bump in that week. I'm certain the DS is not going to crack 150k that week, unless Nintendo cut the price before then.

Isn't there a special edition DQIX DS being readied for its release? If there isn't, there should be.

Mr. Pointy said:
I'm guessing this is about average for Oneechanbara games.

You'd be guessing wrong. I was hoping for a 5-10K first week for that port, which would've been more in the range of "average." The original 360 game sold 13K over its first three weeks.

nli10 said:
Maths Training is out today in Europe (did Japan get this yet?)

I believe that is a later iteration of this game. By the way, I really hope that comes out in the U.S., too.

Laguna said:
This year
PSPhardware:544.777
PSPsoftware - 76,213
Crazy!

The software is from Famitsu, so it'll be a couple of weeks behind the Media-Create hardware total. At this point in the year, a couple of weeks difference is huge in YTD numbers. By April/May, it'll be much less of an issue.

AnimeTheme said:
That SW number just includes the top 30. The NPD December case told us that this is just a tiny fraction of the whole picture.

1) NPD December is a 5-week total, and the Top 30s are weekly.
2) The Top 30s for all but a few weeks per year go down below 10K at #30. Are you trying to say that a significantly huge portion of the software sales for a week are occurring well below 10K? If you are saying that, you are wrong. Besides, very few games hang on to keep selling once they drop off of the Top 30.
3) My above explanation is the more accurate reason for such a large discrepancy. Using up-to-date numbers (i.e. through the same week as those hardware numbers) would put the PSP ~320K in total software for the year. Still less than a 1:1 ratio to the hardware YTD, but much better than 76K.

Hcoregamer00 said:
On the other hand, I am extremely happy as the resurgence of the PSP, and the best part is that the new adopters over the holidays are buying lots of games.

Well, I guess if you consider less than 1 game as "lots of games," you could have a point.

With all the insightful and historically relevant talk of the DS's hitting a "saturation point" and "slowing down," I thought this graph might be a tad bit relevant.

You can click on the graph to get an up-to-date picture through the first 10 weeks of the year, since the picture posted here won't be updating.

Jokeropia said:
Since the beginning of the year, DS software has outsold PSP software by about 6 to 1.

If you are referring to donny's figures, first of all, for some unknown reasons WE08 is NOT included in the PSP figure. If it was included, the PSP number would be DOUBLED. Second, those figures just cover top 30, and the NPD December case told us that it is just a tiny fraction of the whole picture. In fact, I think it's pretty pointless to compare figures that just cover like 4 weeks of the top 30.

Hero

So how much of a drop will Smash have? 50% drop? 75%? Will it be due to lack of stock? Any retail reports so far?

donny2112 said:
1) NPD December is a 5-week total, and the Top 30s are weekly.

The length of time covered does NOT change the fact that the top 10/30 does not fully reflect the sales performance of different consoles. However, longer coverage time will improve consistency of the data.

3) My above explanation is the more accurate reason for such a large discrepancy. Using up-to-date numbers (i.e. through the same week as those hardware numbers) would put the PSP ~420K in total software for the year. Still less than a 1:1 ratio to the hardware YTD, but much better than 76K.

This pretty much explained why I think 4-week-top-30 figures are somewhat pointless.

charlequin said:
There’s been a lot of buzz about Microsoft’s “Halo 3.” How do you expect it to affect the console battle this holiday season?
Will they sell a lot of software? Certainly. Will it sell hardware? I think it's an open question. I think that the Halo 3 consumer already has the hardware, because they're playing Bioshock and Crackdown and a variety of games that are, in the end, quite similar: first-person shooter experience, multiplayer capable online. Tell me what's new?

So do you feel like you need to counter “Halo 3″ in some way?
No.
That was all I could find. I didn't remember the thing about sales beyond the release month so I searched for the interview. Maybe you have a quote for the second statement?

As for the first statement I think Reggie was spot on - Halo 3 gave the 360 a temporary boost which had no effect on the console battle in the holiday season. Most people already bought a 360 in anticipation of Halo 3. It'll surely be a mainstay in 360's library but that was not what he was doubting.

Vinnk

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales

WII Oneechanbara Revolution
About 1.000 all of them

:(

Well.. that's what happens when you release a 2000 yen game for 5500 yen. And make the blood purple..

I still bought it. :: shame ::

test_account

XP-39C²
donny2112 said:
sinobi isn't very precise when he reports numbers, unfortunately. He is the source for the Wednesday numbers. Famitsu doesn't round to the nearest thousand, but for these early numbers, the person posting them rounds to the nearest thousand.

Oh ok, i didnt know that, thanks for the info :) I saw Kurosaki Ichigo mentioned something about a fax so i thought maybe some guy at Famitsu faxed the numbers to someone early on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
test_account said:
Oh ok, i didnt know that, thanks for the info :) I saw Kurosaki Ichigo mentioned something about a fax so i thought maybe some guy at Famitsu faxed the numbers to someone early on.

FAX was the source for the leaked early FULL numbers. Not a fax, FAX. Confusing, I know.

Before FAX went the way of the dodo: sinobi leaked first-day numbers -> leaked famitsu numbers -> real media create numbers -> real famitsu numbers

Now: sinobi leaked firsty-day numbers -> real media create numbers -> real famitsu numbers.

Make more sense? :D

donny2112

AnimeTheme said:
for some unknown reasons WE08 is NOT included in the PSP figure.

It's not unknown, at all, if you had read my post immediate preceeding yours.

AnimeTheme said:
In fact, I think it's pretty pointless to compare figures that just cover like 4 weeks of the top 30.

As a representation of full YTD figures, you would be correct. However the main point was "those links can be used for the YTD figures for the rest of the year, and by the way, here are the current totals." :p

I did find a mistake in my query (I had the beginning date as '2008-01-01' for YTD 2008 figures, when I should've used '2007-12-31' to match the Media-Create YTD range) which I've now corrected in the original post, though. In a roundabout way, thanks for questioning the accuracy of the data, because it made me go back and double-check it. :) Here are the updated links and totals.

YTD Software Sales (Famitsu Top 30s)

DS - 1,169,123
Wii - 958,500
PS2 - 203,954
PSP - 163,911
PS3 - 19,280

YTD 3rd-Party Software Sales (Famitsu Top 30s)

DS - 488,522
PS2 - 203,954
PSP - 146,925
PS3 - 19,280
Wii - 8,200

The reason for the difference on PSP from my 320K figure is that I'm including the most recent full Famitsu Top 30 (it's not up on JoshuaJSlone's site as of this writing), and then manually adding in the rounded figures from this week to bring it up-to-date with Media-Create.

AnimeTheme said:
The length of time covered does NOT change the fact that the top 10/30 does not fully reflect the sales performance of different consoles.

I'm using all 30 positions in the Top 30. Perhaps you're not familiar with how a Famitsu Top 30 works and are confusing it with the Media-Create data.

Vinnk said:
Well.. that's what happens when you release a 2000 yen game for 5500 yen.

That stinks.

Stumpokapow said:
Before FAX went the way of the dodo: sinobi leaked first-day numbers -> leaked famitsu numbers -> real media create numbers -> real famitsu numbers

Now: sinobi leaked firsty-day numbers -> real media create numbers -> real famitsu numbers.

Make more sense? :D

I'm hoping the new numbers Kurosaki Ichigo found work out, though. :)

KINGMOKU

iidesuyo said:

Wait, what?

:lol What is going on in this thread?

TJ Spyke

Damned if I know. The PSP outsells the DS 1 time (which they've done, what, like 5 times in the last 2 1/2 years?) and Sony fanyboys act like DS's domination is over and PSP is on top again. I remember these same people said the same thing with PS3 outsold the Wii for like 2 weeks, and then things went back to normal.

TJ Spyke said:
Damned if I know. The PSP outsells the DS 1 time (which they've done, what, like 5 times in the last 2 1/2 years?) and Sony fanyboys act like DS's domination is over and PSP is on top again. I remember these same people said the same thing with PS3 outsold the Wii for like 2 weeks, and then things went back to normal.
I think there's a difference with the WII/PS3 situation though. You can really see a trend setting through here. The PSP has gotten a second life since the redesign, and the DS seems to be over it's high point. Perhaps, if Nintendo releases a DSLite2.0, or when DQIX comes out, the DS will do better again for a while, but I think the DS has really hit a saturation point, while the PSP seems to be the new hot item (strange for a product that has been on the market for 3 years).

It's not so much the DS doing really bad, it's the PSP doing really well and the DS not doing insanely record breaking well.

Souldriver said:
I think there's a difference with the WII/PS3 situation though. You can really see a trend setting through here. The PSP has gotten a second life since the redesign, and the DS seems to be over it's high point. Perhaps, if Nintendo releases a DSLite2.0, or when DQIX comes out, the DS will do better again for a while, but I think the DS has really hit a saturation point, while the PSP seems to be the new hot item (strange for a product that has been on the market for 3 years).

It's not so much the DS doing really bad, it's the PSP doing really well and the DS not doing insanely record breaking well.
I dunno selling 60k after 21 million consoles sold is still insanely record breaking isn't it?

donny2112

Souldriver said:
but I think the DS has really hit a saturation point,

donny2112 said:

So the PS2 was hitting its "saturation point" at ~7 million? That's bad news for the DS, then. Since the PS2 only tripled after hitting its "saturation point," it looks like the DS will only get to 60 million in Japan. :(

BishopLamont said:
I dunno selling 60k after 21 million consoles sold is still insanely record breaking isn't it?
I meant: not selling 200k in a regular week only DS has even done record breaking.

Jokeropia

AnimeTheme said:
If you are referring to donny's figures, first of all, for some unknown reasons WE08 is NOT included in the PSP figure. If it was included, the PSP number would be DOUBLED. Second, those figures just cover top 30, and the NPD December case told us that it is just a tiny fraction of the whole picture. In fact, I think it's pretty pointless to compare figures that just cover like 4 weeks of the top 30.
I'm using Donny's figures (through Joshua's site) as well as some weekly Famitsu software pies. You can look at some longer time periods as well, believe me, the picture does not change.

Jokeropia said:
I'm using Donny's figures (through Joshua's site) as well as some weekly Famitsu software pies. You can look at some longer time periods as well, believe me, the picture does not change.

If you shift the covered period by just 1 or 2 weeks, you will find that the ratio change drastically. Simply, as mentioned before, there is no point to compare YTD 2008 sales performance right now.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well so what if the DS' sales have slipped relatively speaking? It's outsold the PS2 in just under half the time and it's still a popular machine. Games released years ago are still charting, records have been broken left right and center and it's still getting big profile titles and interesting quirky ideas from both small developers and prolific figures in the world of gaming and entertainment. It's certainly giving Nintendo room to breathe without having to roll out a slew of Mario sports/Party titles for the machine on a yearly basis, and they might even take the time to cook something totally radical and original up... Which also gives third parties time to make their mark and fight over the sales for the timebeing.

Maybe if their weekly sales dropped to half of what they are now they might possibly consider thinking about a hardware revision (maybe), but there's no way they're going to fret just because the PSP outsold it, not with these sales.

kswiston

donny2112 said:
YTD Software Sales (Famitsu Top 30s)

DS - 1,169,123
Wii - 958,500
PS2 - 203,954
PSP - 163,911
PS3 - 19,280

YTD 3rd-Party Software Sales (Famitsu Top 30s)

DS - 488,522
PS2 - 203,954
PSP - 146,925
PS3 - 19,280
Wii - 8,200

Wow. So during the time period these figures cover, 3rd party Wii software sales in the weekly Top 30 accounted for LESS than 1% of total Wii software sales? It's expected that first party software sales will outpace the combined third party software sales on a Nintendo system, but that's rediculous. Unfortunately, with Smash selling like gangbusters, that percentage doesn't look like it will be increasing all that much over the next few weeks.

What is the next third party Wii release that has a good chance of breaking 200k in its first week? Winning Eleven?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
BishopLamont said:

Ultimately I don't mind this trend because it means that the PSP will have better software sales. It was software sales that started taking a huge slump, especially in the states.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
kswiston said:
Wow. So during the time period these figures cover, 3rd party Wii software sales in the weekly Top 30 accounted for LESS than 1% of total Wii software sales? It's expected that first party software sales will outpace the combined third party software sales on a Nintendo system, but that's rediculous. Unfortunately, with Smash selling like gangbusters, that percentage doesn't look like it will be increasing all that much over the next few weeks.

You are aware that Smash accounted for 85% of all Wii software sales in that period of time, right?

It's not like an armada of Nintendo games are beating an armada of 3rd party games. It's that Smash is the biggest launch week sales in several years and no 3rd party titles were launched during this period.

Top Bottom